Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Portsmouth | Saturday 25th September 2021

Comments

• Options
    Just feel pure apathy atm. Something has to change and fast.
  • Options
    The positive is that we've actually had good chances on goal.
  • Options
    We’ve been good going forward, relatively speaking. I think Stockley’s too immobile. They are too comfortable building from the back. Re-organise without Stockley, bringing on CBT, moving Lee forward. Leko, CBT and Lee harassing from the front will pressurize them. Don’t think Adkins will take Stockley off from the start of the second half though.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Far too much space between defence and midfield.

Ball gets played out on the floor, Portsmouth players dive into those gaps and so force us to go long and hand it to their defence - Close the gaps between each other surely??? 
  • Options
    Pompey 60% possession and they are the away team….
  • Options
    Gilbey Lavelle and Lee all positives. Leko also started to come into it in the last fifteen minutes.

I think the change at half time has to be Davison for Stockley who is doing a very good impression of a statue this season. And/or potentially Kirk for one of Watson or Arter.
  • Options
    Has Adkins ever shown any passion for this job? The damage is irreparable now. 

Cannot believe that anyone at Charlton thought Arter was the answer for our midfleid. Shit at Forest and shit with us. 

And play 4 4 f**kin 2

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    cs1986 said:
    iainment said:
    I think the morons round the drum should be ashamed of themselves,
    What's your issue? I know most of them. 
    Exactly
  • Options
    Ok we had a couple of good chances but by and large that was absolute rubbish.

How come every team we play seems to have so much time and space to play in?

Watson and Arter are a complete waste of time and space.

NA needs to make some changes at half time. Bring Davison on for Stockley and anyone for Arter. Happy if Henderson replaces him.

• Options
    Can’t be bothered any more… 
    pure apathy , I’d imagine 90% of fans feel the same!

need a change of manager to energise things - shocking 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Once again a team dominates posession against us at home. 

Massive holes from the outset that didn't get sorted out until 25 minutes gone. 

Matthews costs us. Again. 

Playing with Stockley is like having Tony Adams up front. 

Lee, Leko and Gilbey the only saving graces. 

It seems like every team we play is comfortable on the ball and runs rings around us. We can't play out of defence at all. It's so hard to watch.
  • Options
    Gilbert waited too long to make use of an excellent Leko pass forward and that is what is happening every time. No anticipation and no skill.
    Is that Gilbert O'Sullivan by any chance B)
    F****ING autocorrect
  • Options
    We’re still in this, after the guilt-edge chances we gave away. Can we do to Portsmouth what Gillingham did to us?
  • Options
    What an annoying half.. created a fair few chances, there’s something in this team but it’s so infruriating how we just allow teams to play around us. It’s a joke. 

Bazunu and their back line have been playing it around the back and it takes us 40 minutes to realise and even attempt at pressuring. 
  • Options
    Good to have Gilbey back, shame he has no support on the middle of the park. 

Arter looks shocking, and Watson is literally a calamity. He plays like me down goals trying the cute first time ball every time he gets it - yeah if it breaks the lines it creates a decent opportunity, but more often then not it puts us in trouble. 

I get absolutely no joy out of watching us play. We look the same like we did under the end of Bowyer, and under Robinson before that. No movement, no quality in the middle, getting cut apart so easily. Bleeeugh. 

• Options
    We've got many problems but I think Stockley is a big one. He's been useless all season. Can't stretch the defense, doesn't even win the ball in the air much compared to last season.

We don't have a team. Our players don't fit together, press together or pass as a unit.

I liked Adkins and our players aren't world beaters, but this is a shambles of a football team right now.
  • Options
    Oh also good to see Marquis is still basically shite. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First half views

Arter not better than any of our other midfield 3 options. Dobson on please.

Gilbey is our best player on the pitch so far, covering so much ground covering attack and defence. 

Souare looks good, if frustrated. 

Leko some good some bad this half. CBT on at half time? 

Matthews cost us the goal, better since. 

Stockley, can't run, can't pass, can't direct his headers. At least Davison can run, pass and hit shots with his feet. 

Pearce - Stop pumping the ball long! Stop Cruyff falling on the ball. Done the tackling side well, same for heading. 

Lavelle - needs to run off his man to be an option esp when we have it in defensive positions.
  • Options
    Would love to see what the data was showing us about Arter. Would have been clear to anyone he would be a very expensive bust. 
    Sure it was.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    iainment said:
    I think the morons round the drum should be ashamed of themselves,
    What's your issue? I know most of them. 
    Exactly
    Harsh times mate...

I guess it's cause they aint burying there heads in the sand and can see how shit we are under Adkins. They aint happy clappers.
  • Options
    Quadruple shit squared in a shit sandwich with a diarrhoea dressing so far.
  • Options
    Surely this has to be the death of this fucking awful 4231. Was Cheltenham all over again up until he tweaked the shape. Got a bit better after the shape change, without being great.

Not enough energy in the team. Don’t think we need Arter and Watson in the same team - they’re doing the same job. 

Gilbey, Lee and Leko with flashes. Stockley has offered very little again. Full backs, in particular Matthews, pretty much AWOL. 
  • Options
    Dear Thomas.  Please pay attention to this thread.  Many posters are now expressing apathy rather than anger.  Apathy is much much worse.  
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    First half views

Arter not better than any of our other midfield 3 options. Dobson on please.

Gilbey is our best player on the pitch so far, covering so much ground covering attack and defence. 

Souare looks good, if frustrated. 

Leko some good some bad this half. CBT on at half time? 

Matthews cost us the goal, better since. 

Stockley, can't run, can't pass, can't direct his headers. At least Davison can run, pass and hit shots with his feet. 

Pearce - Stop pumping the ball long! Stop Cruyff falling on the ball. Done the tackling side well, same for heading. 

Lavelle - needs to run off his man to be an option esp when we have it in defensive positions.
    Havent been impressed with Souare so far...

Giving away throw ins in the most basic of situations
  • Options
    This is what happens when you make 18 changes in 3 games & leave the best player from the last match on the bench.

You wont win anything if you can't keep a settled side. 

Funnily though I still think we'll get something from this game.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    With Leko and Gilbey I am feeling a bit more confident that we can get something out of this game but we were so sluggish first 5 mins. If Marquis had a left foot this game would be gone but somehow fluffed it from 3 yards. Souare looking good too, 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!