Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Portsmouth | Saturday 25th September 2021

Comments

• Options
    Looks like Clare will be on in the second half
  • Options
    I watch other teams CDM moving left and right to pick up the ball, getting up and down the pitch, always finding the space to receive the ball. We've got a 36 year old playing in that position.
  • Options
    This is what happens when you make 18 changes in 3 games & leave the best player from the last match on the bench.

You wont win anything if you can't keep a settled side. 

Funnily though I still think we'll get something from this game.
    This. Why keep changing the formation?
  • Options
    Our centre midfield is barely league 2 quality. Apart from JFC who we're not going to see any time soon, no one is near good enough for a regular run. 
  • Options
  • Options
    Our transfer window was utter guff.

Rushed at the end will never be the optimal way and we the were left scrabbling for the shite nobody wanted.

I think it was the beginning of the end for Adkins once he realised he wasn’t actually going to be building the Man City of league one.
  • Options
    Clare for Arter I hope
  • Options
    Dobson for Watson and Davison for Stockley would be my changes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Building from the back with Pearce to play out from the defence. Doesnt need explaining really.

Gilbey showing that yeah he has been missed, picking up the ball, running with it, passing it and more importantly pointing where he wants it to receive a pass - need to get the right players in with him, thought it might be Arter but yeah maybe not... 

Also getting some Simon Makienok vibes off of Stockley "Look at how badly im trying I really really care, please dont notice im actually a bit shite"
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I watch other teams CDM moving left and right to pick up the ball, getting up and down the pitch, always finding the space to receive the ball. We've got a 36 year old playing in that position.
    We should have JFC there tbf. In lieu of him Arter or Dobson I guess?
  • Options
    MattF said
    Oh goody. 😉
  • Options
    Team is playing with zero confidence. As a result players are scared to take responsibility. Nothing demonstrated that better than Watson and Soare dicking about with the ball in the corner.  "You cross the ball', "No, you cross the ball", "Oh, I insist you cross the ball sir". And all the time they are pissing about Portsmouth are busy organising themselves. 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    I think the morons round the drum should be ashamed of themselves,
    Can you explain please? 
  • Options
    This squad of players is very poor and no where near being a mid table one. But Adkins also has to take responsibility. He should at least make them hard to beat. Even if it 11 men in our own half all match.
    I am not asking him to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. But at least the could keep the pig alive.
  • Options
    All very familiar and predictable I'm afraid.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Time for the cavalry to come over the hill second half in the shape of CBT and Davison, GOD we need something to change or things will stay the same, and it's goodnight Nige..this is absolutely shite and past the point of embarrassment, and nothing but an insult to our great clubs history..
  • Options
    I seem to be alone in thinking Arter has been ok. I still Watson is the one really holding this midfield back. I don’t think he unwilling or without skill, but he just can’t get around the pitch. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MattF said:
    Been wondering who that female announcer was... Oh you mean Sean, my bad
  • Options
    Simple really play 442
  • Options
    Clare on for Arter
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Would love to see what the data was showing us about Arter. Would have been clear to anyone he would be a very expensive bust. 
    Sure it was.
    Said it when he was signed and was shouted down as per usual. 
  • Options

Pearcey leads us out for the second half... 45 to go. Come on, Charlton!
  • Options
    Clare on for Arter.
  • Options
    Looks like I'm only half vomiting. Arter couldn't have stayed on after that and hasn't 
  • Options
    Clare coming on..
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    We should have JFC there tbf. In lieu of him Arter or Dobson I guess?
    If JFC hadn't been injured, he might have left anyway...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!