Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Bolton Wanderers | Tuesday 28th September 2021

edited September 2021 in General Charlton
Notlob down The Valley tonight.

Come on you rip roaring Addicks. Give us a win!

Charlton: MacGillivray; Matthews, Lavelle, Famewo, Purrington; Lee, Watson (c), Clare; Leko, Davison, Blackett-Taylor

Subs: Henderson, Gunter, Pearce, Arter, Gilbey, Stockley, Washington

Stockley benched. Davison starts with CBT.

Fam and Ben Purr back in.

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Notlob down The Valley tonight.

Come on you rip roaring Addicks. Give us a win!

I’m notlob at The Valley either
  • Options
    "The palindrome of Bolton is Notlob"
  • Options

Charlton: MacGillivray; Matthews, Lavelle, Famewo, Purrington; Lee, Watson (c), Clare; Leko, Davison, Blackett-Taylor

Subs: Henderson, Gunter, Pearce, Arter, Gilbey, Stockley, Washington

• Options
    Cheer me up FFS Charlton.
  • Options
    Starting line-up is about as good as could have been hoped. Bench is an absolute horror-show. Hopefully we won't need many of 'em
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    And Charlton will play 4 2 3 fucking 1.

I don't really see how anyone have have to many complaints about the starting 11?
  • Options
    Looks more balanced in that midfield 3 with Watson holding, Clare’s pace to drive forward and Lee adding creativity and movement.

Could easily switch between 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2.

Would have liked Kirk or DJ on the bench to allow us to bring an attacking wide player.
  • Options
    Happy with the line up, I’m as geared up for this game now it’s finally here as I was for Cheltenham and Wycombe tho.

A bad omen, we always look at our odds, we’ve drifted massively to 2/1, at home to Bolton ffs.  Textbook response would be wow that’s massive worth a punt, 90 minutes later met with “they knew something we didn’t, again”.  I hope they’ve actually got this one wrong this time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The player marks for Matthews will
    make interesting reading later. 
    He will average either 8 or 4 IMO. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021

• Options
    Hilarious that a trialist on a 3 month contract is impressing more than our two expensive wingers who can’t even get on the bench
    It's because one wants to impress and the others don't seem to want to.
  • Options
    Like, Washington is the only player I'd be happy to bring on from that bench as a gamechanging option
  • Options
    Hilarious that a trialist on a 3 month contract is impressing more than our two expensive wingers who can’t even get on the bench
     CBT has got 3 months to prove he's worth a new contract, He's up for it.

The 2 other lads are comfortable with long contracts.

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Why couldn't DJ or Kirk have been there? Feels extremely weird to me
    I think you will see Claydon before you see one of those two in a league match....... 
  • Options
    decent line up .. I expect to see Leko up more along side Davison .. surprised Gilbey doesn't start .. good to see Ben Purr back .. Famewo ? .. doesn't inspire much confidence in me, BUT alongside Lavelle could bring out the best in him .. looks more like a 4 3 3 rather than the 4 4 2 we really should be playing .. come on you Adddickssssaaaaaa we need the 3 
  • Options
    No complaints with the starting XI

surely Kirk and/or DJ should be on the bench though??
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Like, Washington is the only player I'd be happy to bring on from that bench as a gamechanging option
    Gilbey could easily change the game as could Stockley 
  • Options
    Gilbey isn't quite up to speed and yeah Stockley would change the game, sure, and we all know how :/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    As long as we are not relying on him scoring when he is through one-on-one with the keeper. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Harsh on Gilbey. Other than that can't argue much.
  • Options
    Might be in a minority of 1 but I'd have Dobson rather than Watson and at least one winger on the bench
  • Options
    Surely we cant keep changing half the team every game?
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    It's because one wants to impress and the others don't seem to want to.
    He was signed through professional eyes, the other two by a "black box" is another way to look at it. 
  • Options
    Honestly, beacause of the way we've been so far this season I have no idea if that's our best XI or our worst XI. I happy to just wait and see what happens but I have no confidence in the team right now.

I do think Dobson can feel very hard done by. Our best outfield player vs Wycombe and awol since then. Done more to deserve involvement than either Watson or Arter imho.
  • Options
    A manager who still has no idea what his best midfield is.

We win this. COYR
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Surely we cant keep changing half the team every game?
    ‘Oh yes we can’………..nearly pantomime season 😉
  • Options
    That is straight up weird that there’s no winger on the bench.  Unless he feels he’s not getting enough from them in training, which I rate.
  • Options
    Arter being on the bench is the first thing that's properly edged me towards Adkins Out, lol
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!