Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Bolton Wanderers | Tuesday 28th September 2021

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Charlton:
    MacGillivray;
    Matthews, Lavelle, Famewo, Purrington;
    Lee, Watson (c), Clare;
    Leko, Davison, Blackett-Taylor

Looks decent that 
    Dobson instead of Watson for me
  • Options
    Jacko and the sports scientist have been doing 22 mile runs on Saturday mornings to practice for the London Marathon. Explains why Jackohas been sitting on his arse during all the games!!  🤣
  • Options
    Decent looking side but we all know that once the 11 players get on the pitch it usually falls apart & they play like they have only just met.
  • Options
    It’s like the Bermuda Triangle has come to The Valley, first Ronnie then Charlie and DJ. Who’s next ? 
    Adkins, of course. :smile:

• Options
    Decent looking side but we all know that once the 11 players get on the pitch it usually falls apart & they play like they have only just met.
    I'm with Golfie here. If this side can't win and give a half decent performance I can't see how else we will. 
  • Options
    Jacko and the sports scientist have been doing 22 mile runs on Saturday mornings to practice for the London Marathon. Explains why Jackohas been sitting on his arse during all the games!!  🤣

Once Jacko's legs were gone, he was always blowing out of arse haha. Legend though!

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Why couldn't DJ or Kirk have been there? Feels extremely weird to me
    Because they are probably not performing in training
  • Options
    My streams gone down already!!!

• Options
    That's your end Oggy :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    I'ts back now. Only down for a minute.

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    A stream from Oggy's end?  :o
  • Options
    Pitiful crowd.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Good chat with CBT on the stream, sounds like he really wants to be here, just get him signed up on a decent contract soon as ffs B)
  • Options
    Pitiful crowd.
    Airman said we would be lucky to get 9k home fans in tonight.
  • Options
    That's probably because on the pitch they have
  • Options
    Pitiful crowd.
    Was just thinking this. Barely anyone here 
  • Options
    Pitiful crowd.
    Leave off with knocking the crowd 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    What’s that, 23 changes in 4 games? That is not normal and not for good reasons. Add in Watson, who we all went into the summer thinking wouldn’t get a sniff, is the regular. All a total mess.
    Don't understand this line of thinking for this game as to me all the changes make sense.

CBT was always going to start if he was fit, and rightfully so.

Gilbey has just come back from long covid, and Clare did well when he came on at the weekend. 

Davison deserves to start instead Stockley.

Pearce for Famewo is not that unusual a swap considering Pearce is not undropable and has played a lot of minutes lately.

Soare does not look like he can play 2 games in quick succession so Purrington coming in makes sense as well. 

Its not like Adkins is trying to play Paul Smyth at right back! 
    It’s not a line of thinking, it’s fact. Perhaps they do make sense but that still meant 19 changes in the 3 games before! Why’s it taken 10 games to get there. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What’s that, 23 changes in 4 games? That is not normal and not for good reasons. Add in Watson, who we all went into the summer thinking wouldn’t get a sniff, is the regular. All a total mess.
    Don't understand this line of thinking for this game as to me all the changes make sense.

Gilbey has just come back from long covid, and Clare did well when he came on at the weekend. 

Pearce for Famewo is not that unusual a swap considering Pearce is not undropable and has played a lot of minutes lately.

Soare does not look like he can play 2 games in quick succession so Purrington coming in makes sense as well. 

Yes, but 3 if those players coming back in tonight were the ones thag played last Tuesday evening but dropped on Sarurday. Purrington, CBT & Davison.

If they had been left as they were & just swapped 1 or 2 others then I doubt many would complain. Its the playing, dropping then playing again that is pissing people off.
  • Options
    Only change to the Xi for me would be Gilbey in for Watson
  • Options
    Shame about the crowd but team needs to start delivering to entice them back again. Performances have been dispiriting. I'm sure that some wins will help get bigger crowds back. COYRs
  • Options
  • Options
    edited September 2021

Perhaps they do make sense bad that still meant 19 changes in the 3 games before! Why’s it taken 10 games to get there. 
    Well, because the manager does not know his best XI. We might be getting close to it now, as it feels most fans are in agreement of the strength of the team out there today. 

If this team can't get the job done then I reckon it could be curtains for NA. 
  • Options
    Liking this starting 11.
    COYA
  • Options
    Come on Charlton... yawn...
  • Options
    Bit of a coup getting Stan Laurel as a guest in the studio
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!