Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Bolton Wanderers | Tuesday 28th September 2021

Comments

• Options
    Thankfully Addicks to Victory has now finished…
  • Options
    That starting 11 is about what I was expecting. Rather elderly looking bench though, why Arter rather than Dobson or Morgan?
  • Options
    Charlton:
    MacGillivray;
    Matthews, Lavelle, Famewo, Purrington;
    Lee, Watson (c), Clare;
    Leko, Davison, Blackett-Taylor

Looks decent that 
  • Options
    I can’t get over Deano with hair!!!
  • Options
    Like that line up I was honestly expecting a rotation of players again.
    I think it's the best we could start with at the moment 
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    I can’t get over Deano with hair!!!
    He looks like Stan Laurel
  • Options
    This lineup, although probably the best we can manage is an utter indictment of our recruitment strategy this year, DJ, Dobson and Kirk missing, Stockley on the bench. Disastrous.
  • Options
    Wonder if we have a minutes silence for ex Bolton player Roger Hunt.
    Do hope the clubs do something.
    Have his autograph on Bolton programme from The Valley.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Charlton:
    MacGillivray;
    Matthews, Lavelle, Famewo, Purrington;
    Lee, Watson (c), Clare;
    Leko, Davison, Blackett-Taylor

Looks decent that 
    My thoughts too, I actually feel slightly positive   ! 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Can't argue with that starting line up, Davison, Leko, CBT start with some shake up's on the bench if needed, should do well, mind you how many times have we said that this season.. B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully CBT and Leko rip Bolton a new one!
  • Options
    Just watched Nigel’s pre match interview. Jeez he’s on the happy pills tonight. 
  • Options
    On form probably close to what many will say is our strongest 11. I'd have Dobson in for Watson, but as Sage mentioned to me in his preview we probably do need someone out there with experience. 

Big game for Leko and CBT who, against a team who cross loads, they will need to support there full backs. 

• Options
    might have gone if I had known he was picking a more balanced side.

• Options
    Another leaked line-up. 

Kirk and DJ missing from the squad altogether again. 

Something feels a bit Bowyery at the moment. 
  • Options
    Dobson not even in the squad what has he done 
  • Options
    What’s that, 23 changes in 4 games? That is not normal and not for good reasons. Add in Watson, who we all went into the summer thinking wouldn’t get a sniff, is the regular. All a total mess.
  • Options
    You'd have expected at least Kirk or DJ to be on the bench just in case. Other than that no real complaints other than Gilbey but he probably isn't quite fit enough yet. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    redbuttle said:
    Hilarious that a trialist on a 3 month contract is impressing more than our two expensive wingers who can’t even get on the bench
    It's because one wants to impress and the others don't seem to want to.
    He was signed through professional eyes, the other two by a "black box" is another way to look at it. 
    How do you know we didn’t identify CBT via the black box? His stats at Tranmere probably highlighted his pace, dribble attempts etc.
  • Options
    Kirk must be regretting leaving Crewe. One poor half and never to be seen again. Same for DJ 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kirk must be regretting leaving Crewe. One poor half and never to be seen again. Same for DJ 
    Never? You know he’s not playing for the rest of the season?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Never? You know he’s not playing for the rest of the season?
    Blimey mate . Chill out . Don’t take it literally 
  • Options
    Hoping we can get out of the bottom 4 tonight 
  • Options
    It’s like the Bermuda Triangle has come to The Valley, first Ronnie then Charlie and DJ. Who’s next ? 
  • Options
    Funny how the Crewe boss joked that they’d take Kirk back on loan in January….
    Could actually see that happening at this rate.
  • Options
    Curbs and Deano both passing comment on the NA chopping and changing.
    Deano making the point that you can’t grow consistency and form when you keep changing the defence.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Like, Washington is the only player I'd be happy to bring on from that bench as a gamechanging option
    Leuth said:
    Arter being on the bench is the first thing that's properly edged me towards Adkins Out, lol
    Like, lol. 
  • Options
    Like the lineup, but no DJ or Kirk on the bench is weird, unless they’re injured?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    redbuttle said:
    Hilarious that a trialist on a 3 month contract is impressing more than our two expensive wingers who can’t even get on the bench
    It's because one wants to impress and the others don't seem to want to.
    He was signed through professional eyes, the other two by a "black box" is another way to look at it. 
    How do you know we didn’t identify CBT via the black box? His stats at Tranmere probably highlighted his pace, dribble attempts etc.
    But was on trial as well........ 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!