Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fleetwood away rollcall

124»

Comments

• Options
    £3 a pint so I’m told.
    £2 a pint at the bar at ground during happy hour 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    JohnnyH2 said:
    £3 a pint so I’m told.
    £2 a pint at the bar at ground during happy hour 
    Well, about time Charlton fans had some good news!
  • Options
    To the hardy souls who braved the weather and exceedingly poor omens to travel to Fleetwood, you've earned that one. @EricBanterna how are you going to explain to your Mrs when you roll in with no voice, without your tools, and distinctly the worse for wear?
  • Options
    We’ll done lads and lasses, glad you were rewarded for your efforts!
  • Options
    in years to come a few men and women will stand proudly and say .. I WAS THERE 
  • Options
    Throwing it down in Preston right now, just waiting for "on time" to change... 

• Options
    Well done to all that travelled!
  • Options
    Great day out for all of you…..fantastic!😄👍
  • Options
    What a fucking day out, wasn't expecting much but the result makes it all the better. On way home now. Did come clean to the missus that I went football but didn't tell her where though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quality day out!! On way home now and much happier journey home. Great atmosphere in the away end and very pleased with performance was great to see some fight in the players today!! Onto Lincoln we go. 
  • Options
    lonman said:
    The team are on our train. Next carriage 
    Is JJ on his guitar yet?
  • Options
    Those last 10 minutes must have been torture.😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    It was bad enough kicking every ball at home and I was convinced the ref was allowing play to continue until they got an equaliser. It was like the Alamo with the constant bombardment of our penalty area which was manfully defended with all hands to the pump 👏.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    It was bad enough kicking every ball at home and I was convinced the ref was allowing play to continue until they got an equaliser. It was like the Almo with the constant bombardment of our penalty area which was manfully defended with all hands to the pump 👏.
    And what’s more where did the ref get 6 minutes ET from…..although admittedly I wasn’t there, I judged it to be 4 at the most.
  • Options
    SoundAsa£ said: hi
    RedChaser said:
    It was bad enough kicking every ball at home and I was convinced the ref was allowing play to continue until they got an equaliser. It was like the Almo with the constant bombardment of our penalty area which was manfully defended with all hands to the pump 👏.
    And what’s more where did the ref get 6 minutes ET from…..although admittedly I wasn’t there, I judged it to be 4 at the most.
    I can’t recall any bad injuries or blatant time wasting although there were three subs for each side at a minute each would compute 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    SoundAsa£ said: hi
    RedChaser said:
    I can’t recall any bad injuries or blatant time wasting although there were three subs for each side at a minute each would compute 🤷‍♂️
    Yeah…..I guess that’s right.
  • Options
    Back home in Altrincham after stopping off in Manchester for a celebratory drink with Tony and Keith. Had a pre match drink and meal in the Strawberry Gardens, 10 mins walk to the ground. Surprised more away fans don't go there, fantastic old fashioned pub that does decent food.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wigan fans drew the short straw today, away at Gillingham on THAT open seating  :D
  • Options
    Back home in Altrincham after stopping off in Manchester for a celebratory drink with Tony and Keith. Had a pre match drink and meal in the Strawberry Gardens, 10 mins walk to the ground. Surprised more away fans don't go there, fantastic old fashioned pub that does decent food.
    Agree I was in there too. Didn't eat but not a bad pub and cheap to boot.
  • Options
    I am up there in 2 weeks will have to look that pub up.
  • Options
    lonman said:
    I just thought I'd add that Nigel Adkins takes a whole load of shit from a lot of our fanbase and some may say rightly so. However, on the train back yesterday he sat and engaged with a group of our fans for over 20 minutes. Chatted very casually and came across as an absolute diamond. It probably helped that the fans he engaged with had half a brain. I will also state he genuinely enjoyed the conversation with these guys a few times he got up to leave and sat back down and began chatting again. Final point the fans he was chatting with are Home / Away supporters and one of them I recognise from the 90s who back then was regular home/away too. They're not the keyboard warriors on this site watching a live stream from Welling giving it the Charlie Large Spuds.
    He lives not far from me and i know people who live in his village and know his postman as he watches Hartley Wintney with me, and he says he is a really decent bloke.
  • Options
    Did anyone else think that the stewarding in the away end was unnecessarily aggressive in the second half yesterday?
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I saw two get thrown out for running on the pitch when we scored and then a third get marched out about 10 mins later but the stewards were quite chatty/smiley near us. 

Leaving the ground was like watching one of those Police Camera Action programs from 20 years ago with a group of local early teenage herberts dressed in black staring everyone out against a backdrop that reminded me of West Belfast. I genuinely felt sorry for them with just a single bmx, a shopping trolley and an abandoned car to play on. Grim....
  • Options
    Did anyone else think that the stewarding in the away end was unnecessarily aggressive in the second half yesterday?
    Not at all, was really impressed with whole match day set up at Fleetwood