Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Saints U21 Pap Trophy: Tuesday 5 October 2021

124»

Comments

• Options

He struck it very well.
  • Options
    What is significant about yesterday is that it is two wins out of two. That is the start of a potential run. 
  • Options
    What is significant about yesterday is that it is two wins out of two. That is the start of a potential run. 
    Could copy and paste this about the Crewe/Crawley two from two.
  • Options
    Yes, but of course if we lose the next we lose the significance. Win it and it is three from three. Then we could start to see a confidence boost. Here's hoping.
  • Options
    The league cup is meaningless.  This used to be really meaningless but since they opened it up to Premier league kids teams it's really really really meaningless.
    This wasnt the League Cup
    No. "This" refers to the EFL trophy. I am saying that there is a scale of meaninglessness. 1: League Cup. 2: EFL trophy when it was just L1 and L2. 3: EFL trophy with Premier league development sides.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Stockley: "Pearcey has done well, I think it was missing the target by inches"

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1098735257?-11197:833
    And this.... THIS @Leuth is why the big guy deserved his 10 on the Player Marks thread

What a man!!
    sorry but he doesn't
  • Options
    The league cup is meaningless.  This used to be really meaningless but since they opened it up to Premier league kids teams it's really really really meaningless.
    No. "This" refers to the EFL trophy. I am saying that there is a scale of meaninglessness. 1: League Cup. 2: EFL trophy when it was just L1 and L2. 3: EFL trophy with Premier league development sides.
    The League Cup isn't meaningless at all.

The effort that Manchester City put into domination of it proves that.
  • Options
    The League Cup isn't meaningless at all.

The effort that Manchester City put into domination of it proves that.
    Or their second 11 is better than everyone else's second 11.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    And there lies the problem, we are struggling to put two wins together against League One opposition for whatever reason however our most convincing wins this season are against Crawley (League Two) and Southampton's under 21's. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    And there lies the problem, we are struggling to put two wins together against League One opposition for whatever reason however our most convincing wins this season are against Crawley (League Two) and Southampton's under 21's. 
    We have been struggling to put two wins together, but we have improved quite a bit over the last two or three matches. No reason why we shouldn’t put a little run together now. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    kafka said:
    Kips said:
    cafctom said:
    Have attended both of the Papa Johns games this season and enjoyed them. 

I actually would like to see us have a go at this competition if we can. Why not?
    Because it's an embarrassing competition to be involved in.

I would rather we had a go at the FA Cup and League Cup rather than always saying that we have to 'concentrate on the league.'

Having said that, I'm glad those that attended enjoyed it and if it's good practise for our reserves then that's a good thing.

I just don't want to see us getting excited about it even if we win the dumb thing because it is totally of no value.
    Oh jimmy jimmy would ya would ya would ya go to wembley
    No, I bloody well wouldn't, even if I lived in North London.
    Such an act of attendance would be an acceptance of a nonsense competition.
    It would drain the last remaining pride in supporting Charlton.
    Imagine the scenario that @oohaahmortimer mentioned above - what a nightmare of an embarrassment. The Palace fans would be taking more piss out of us than a truck emptying the portable loos at Glastonbury.
    Exactly how I see it.
    Wembley or not I shall never attend one of these games.
    Bit like when we made the Full Members final. I went, but hardly the greatest day in our club's history.
    That was a shit day 
    Gutted, my first time with the Addicks at Wembley.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    kafka said:
    Kips said:
    cafctom said:
    Have attended both of the Papa Johns games this season and enjoyed them. 

I actually would like to see us have a go at this competition if we can. Why not?
    Because it's an embarrassing competition to be involved in.

I would rather we had a go at the FA Cup and League Cup rather than always saying that we have to 'concentrate on the league.'

Having said that, I'm glad those that attended enjoyed it and if it's good practise for our reserves then that's a good thing.

I just don't want to see us getting excited about it even if we win the dumb thing because it is totally of no value.
    Oh jimmy jimmy would ya would ya would ya go to wembley
    No, I bloody well wouldn't, even if I lived in North London.
    Such an act of attendance would be an acceptance of a nonsense competition.
    It would drain the last remaining pride in supporting Charlton.
    Imagine the scenario that @oohaahmortimer mentioned above - what a nightmare of an embarrassment. The Palace fans would be taking more piss out of us than a truck emptying the portable loos at Glastonbury.
    Exactly how I see it.
    Wembley or not I shall never attend one of these games.
    Bit like when we made the Full Members final. I went, but hardly the greatest day in our club's history.
    That was a shit day 
    Gutted, my first time with the Addicks at Wembley.
    It was the day I finally gave in.  I have since been a glass half empty Addick!
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    In modern times we've had 7 years in L1 before this season

In 2 of those seasons we got promoted, meaning that despite not taking cup competitions seriously in 5 other seasons, we still didn't get promoted.
    We ended one of those 5 seasons by putting a ball in orbit
    Which probably saved us another beating at the hands of scum.
  • Options
    He didn’t say it was, he was comparing the meaninglessness of the League Cup to the really, really, really meaninglessness of the PJT.