Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RAF Jets scrambled ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2021
    mickc said:

Blackburn Buccaneer - the last fully British (i.e. no other nations involved) built fighter bomber - had a revolving bomb bay
    One of my more successful Airfix model completions.
    You must have a fucking big living room.
    Yep. Took me a while to work out they are to scale as well...
  • Options
    We were sitting on Sheringham beach year’s ago, and 2 typhoons flew above our heads. They woke my 4 year old son up whom hadn’t had a proper sleep in days. The first I heard was a slight whistling in my ear before all hell broke loose on the beach. There were children bursting into tears, people diving on to the ground and some ran for cover.
    They were so low, you could see the colour of the ordnance they were carrying.
    It took my son weeks to settle down and trust that he wouldn’t be woken by such a deafening noise again.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    It's when those bastard RAF C17s appear out of the trees at 200ft to practice their take off and landings whilst you're driving quietly down a Country B road that really shits the life out of you.
    Lincolnshire is the best place for that.
    Yep. Already getting worried about that next weekend. 

Brown trousers being washed and ironed in preparation. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Think they're planning on returning to the U S of A and are being replaced by their 'new' F15EX planes which are an update on these 30 year old plus F15s.

Erm no. Just the C's going to be replaced by F-35A's - New squadron, the 495th "Valkyries" have just stood up in the States and the planes are due into the Heath in December. There isn't a date yet for the E's to be replaced and the new EX's are basically the same as the Q's just delivered to Qatar, with some additions.
  • Options
    BDL said:
    Addickted said:
    Think they're planning on returning to the U S of A and are being replaced by their 'new' F15EX planes which are an update on these 30 year old plus F15s.

Erm no. Just the C's going to be replaced by F-35A's - New squadron, the 495th "Valkyries" have just stood up in the States and the planes are due into the Heath in December. There isn't a date yet for the E's to be replaced and the new EX's are basically the same as the Q's just delivered to Qatar, with some additions.
    Yeah, that’s definitely what I was thinking.
  • Options
    Magic Box 40s Fighter Pilot Biggles Brown Fake Moustache  Amazoncouk  Toys amp Games

Sorry all.
  • Options
    Magic Box 40s Fighter Pilot Biggles Brown Fake Moustache  Amazoncouk  Toys amp Games

Sorry all.
    Biggles holds his own.🙄
  • Options
    mickc said:

Blackburn Buccaneer - the last fully British (i.e. no other nations involved) built fighter bomber - had a revolving bomb bay
    One of my more successful Airfix model completions.
    You must have a fucking big living room.
    My Grandad used to make jets in the loft. Sales went through the roof. On second thoughts, it was boats that he made.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Addickted said:
    It's when those bastard RAF C17s appear out of the trees at 200ft to practice their take off and landings whilst you're driving quietly down a Country B road that really shits the life out of you.
    Lincolnshire is the best place for that.
    Yep. Already getting worried about that next weekend. 

Brown trousers being washed and ironed in preparation. 
    The trick with brown trousers is not to iron them too much otherwise when the moisture starts to erode the creases people’s attention is drawn to that area rather than to the stain. 

So I’ve been told. 
  • Options

Sorry all.
    Biggles holds his own.🙄
    Biggles flies undone 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BDL said:
    Addickted said:

You're turning into BNL.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    BDL said:
    Addickted said:

You're turning into BNL.
    I'm only stating the obvious......

• Options
    Those pesky US jets are back