Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ULEZ Checker

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:

Another truly dreadful poem.  There is one half rhyme at the end but really this is poor stuff.
    Just spoken to a bloke on the train.
    He's driven through London again
    He's worried about the bill
    So I told him to chill
    And write to Sadiq to complain
    Patrick Stewart39s proposed Captain Picard wig is terrifying
  • Options
    So I paid my £12.50 after my visit to The Valley.

Now, although I disagree with aspects of the roll out I realise it’s needed for people’s health and may not be solely a money making machine……

Until I got to the website. Create an account (I’d assume this would be via TFL’s website, but no), set up auto pay and away we go.

Firstly, they want £10 a year for auto pay, why? 
    Secondly, you can’t see a record of when your car was in the zone, even a general by day view
    Thirdly, you don’t get a prompt that you need to pay when you have entered the zone. From what I have read you just get letter (I guess with a penalty charges).

Even the rip off Dartford Crossing does this, I realise that’s a lot simpler but at least the website should register you’ve been in the zone? Plus why isn’t there a GDPR issue here as they are storing data of my journey and I should have access.

With the pony website and lack of transparency and especially the lack of notification it does make me wonder if they are trying to catch people out.

• Options
    I'm not sure what the big deal is here. I live inside the zone, and if my car wasn't compliant I'd have to pay £12.50 every time I used it.

Yes it's a bit messy around the border, but that will happen with any charge.
  • Options
    If that video is outside where they live, they live in the zone. They can only turn left as it's one way and at the roundabout the ULEZ ends.

McDonalds at the Yorkshire grey is an interesting one, the entrance is in the zone the exit not, so guess where some people now enter  :D
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    If that video is outside where they live, they live in the zone. They can only turn left as it's one way and at the roundabout the ULEZ ends.

McDonalds at the Yorkshire grey is an interesting one, the entrance is in the zone the exit not, so guess where some people now enter  :D
    There was a consultation period for people to come forward if there were issues with the zone, e.g. with how the borders operate. 
  • Options
    They call the situation disgusting.  I wonder what their view of less people dying is?
  • Options
    So this couple are one of the problems then. Two polluting cars and a polluting van between them! He says he’s had to shell out £7k for a new van no better than the old one, but he’s wrong. The new one is compliant and he’s not clogging up the air around him any more and he’s saving £12.50 every single journey. And there was no need to spend £30k + on a new car for himself to find one that was compliant. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My son, a student, drove to Charlton for Doncaster, Rotherham and Plymouth games. He has a pre-2015 Fiat Panda 1.3 Multijet diesel. The road tax is £30 or £35, I can't recall exactly, but it is low because it is low emission. He had just found out it is liable for the ULEZ charge and has paid for Saturday (just in time) but it is too late to pay for Doncaster 30th October and Rotherham 2nd November. But he hasn't received any fines yet. He seriously didn't know about this as only droves to London for Charlton. Ridiculous.
    Is this the same son who contacted you at home to find a COVID jab appointment for him at University as he was unable to find one for himself?

I hope his degree isn't in either Geography or Politics.
  • Options
    So I paid my £12.50 after my visit to The Valley.

Now, although I disagree with aspects of the roll out I realise it’s needed for people’s health and may not be solely a money making machine……

Until I got to the website. Create an account (I’d assume this would be via TFL’s website, but no), set up auto pay and away we go.

Firstly, they want £10 a year for auto pay, why? 
    Secondly, you can’t see a record of when your car was in the zone, even a general by day view
    Thirdly, you don’t get a prompt that you need to pay when you have entered the zone. From what I have read you just get letter (I guess with a penalty charges).

Even the rip off Dartford Crossing does this, I realise that’s a lot simpler but at least the website should register you’ve been in the zone? Plus why isn’t there a GDPR issue here as they are storing data of my journey and I should have access.

With the pony website and lack of transparency and especially the lack of notification it does make me wonder if they are trying to catch people out.

I agree thats poor but lets not confuse piss poor delivery with a genuine targeted aim.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    My son, a student, drove to Charlton for Doncaster, Rotherham and Plymouth games. He has a pre-2015 Fiat Panda 1.3 Multijet diesel. The road tax is £30 or £35, I can't recall exactly, but it is low because it is low emission. He had just found out it is liable for the ULEZ charge and has paid for Saturday (just in time) but it is too late to pay for Doncaster 30th October and Rotherham 2nd November. But he hasn't received any fines yet. He seriously didn't know about this as only droves to London for Charlton. Ridiculous.
    Is this the same son who contacted you at home to find a COVID jab appointment for him at University as he was unable to find one for himself?

Not sure why you want to dig my son out. I am immensely proud of him and his achievements. You probably would be too if he was your son but maybe I'm best leaving it there.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    So this couple are one of the problems then. Two polluting cars and a polluting van between them! He says he’s had to shell out £7k for a new van no better than the old one, but he’s wrong. The new one is compliant and he’s not clogging up the air around him any more and he’s saving £12.50 every single journey. And there was no need to spend £30k + on a new car for himself to find one that was compliant. 
    £12.50 is a flat rate regardless of the mileage you do. You get hammered if you live just inside the zone even if most of your mileage is done outside it. I had to get rid of a perfectly serviceable diesel despite doing barely any mileage within the zone - it was a wheelchair vehicle and difficult to replace.

I now have the joys of the Silvertown Tunnel to come.... 
  • Options
    I just checked my car and I'm shocked that it passes the "ULEZ test", considering it's 11 years old, but probably helped by the fact it's a 1.2L shitbox Corsa
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Not sure why you want to dig my son out. I am immensely proud of him and his achievements. You probably would be too if he was your son but maybe I'm best leaving it there.
    Wasn't trying to dig him out.

Like you, I'm immensely proud of my son, but I'm able to laugh off some of the things he does that makes me realise he really isn't always as streetwise as he thinks he is.

I blame the over protective mothers.  :#
  • Options
    I just checked my car and I'm shocked that it passes the "ULEZ test", considering it's 11 years old, but probably helped by the fact it's a 1.2L shitbox Corsa
    My car is 19 years old and passes, the ULEZ targets diesels rather than petrol vehicles
  • Options
    My car is 19 years old and passes, the ULEZ targets diesels rather than petrol vehicles
    Some manufacturers hit emissions targets earlier than others hence why some older petrol vehicles are Euro 4 compliant.
  • Options
    Just a quick question: Next week I'm attending a funeral at Falconwood crematorium and my "dirty diesel" isn't Ulez compliant. Does this come inside the zone, or am I okay?
  • Options
    Just a quick question: Next week I'm attending a funeral at Falconwood crematorium and my "dirty diesel" isn't Ulez compliant. Does this come inside the zone, or am I okay?
    Just outside. ULEZ zone starts at the next junction. A205
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Yup can confirm you'll be fine as well... took my diesel there a couple of weeks ago.

You can come off at the Eltham junction, as the A205 is basically the border - Just dont turn right off it, as though your going closer to London - https://www.ulezchecker.com/ulez-zone-map-london/
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    I wonder is any Charlton fans from outside the ULEZ have changed the way they come to games because of the ULEZ?
  • Options
    I wonder is any Charlton fans from outside the ULEZ have changed the way they come to games because of the ULEZ?
    Yes, I nick the wife's car for home games, or (very occasionally) get the train.
  • Options
    I bought a "new" car 2 years ago, because I knew ULEZ was coming.
  • Options
    One reason I have not returned since COVID.
  • Options
    Bexley council's response to the proposed extension of ULEZ on 29th August 2023.

https://www.bexley.gov.uk/your-say-on-plans-to-extend-ulez/response-ulez-consultation
  • Options
    Blimey, well done Bexley
  • Options
    Wow... Who put a sensible person in power to make that sort of decision!!

Get him out of office straight away

They're right though, the ULEZ works better inside the North / South Circular because of the amount of Underground stations in that area... Go beyond that, and its not just Bexley / Kent that suffers without anything more than a decent bus service.
  • Options
    Still smarting over grabbing a McDs at The Yorkshire Grey before the rugby at Well Hall last year. 

Not being a local for a number of years, I poodled down the Rochester Way from my dads place at Ruxley, down memory lane past The Dutchouse, right at Wadhan Stringers roundabout where mum used to work in the office...

Couple of days later, £70 ULEZ fine from Citizen Karnt!!!   So a quick cheeseburger and a coke cost me nearly £80.

I now know the entrance to McDs is IN the zone, the exit outside the zone...