Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ULEZ Checker

1545556575860»

Comments

• Options
    Politics no
    Misogyny yo
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Huskaris said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Maybe one of the reasons ULEZ is having less of an impact in terms of elections may be that London's air quality is improving.
    Anti ULEZ people would be pretty motivated to vote. But there may not be as many of them as you’d think
    I think that's it really. There aren't as many of them as people would think. I'm not necessarily buying into some Guardian conspiracy that it's all Tories/bots/Vladimir Putin when he's bored etc but Hall literally said she would overturn ULEZ, as far as I'm concerned people have had their chances to vote against it now and didn't, Khan romped home with 16% of the vote.

If I had bothered to vote it would have been Green, I don't think Khan did a good job of implementing ULEZ, plus I don't particularly like him as he is a divisive character (or because I'm a massive racist if your ego is too fragile to handle that people have legitimately different views to you) but there's absolutely no way I would want it overturned. It would have been a huge step back.
    It was only ever the outer London extension that was to be reversed. Clean air in practice would not have been lost. 
    It will have a benefit to those areas though won't it? 

I do agree though about seeing the management information as I doubt it will have had as big an impact as was claimed, but it will surely have had an impact. 

I'd like to see a hierarchy of what contributes to the poor air in London and I would vote for a Mayor who commits to go after the next thing, I am guessing that these cars off the road are a very very small proportion of what is causing issues.

Not wanting clean air (and I'm not aiming this at you) is absolute insanity. Somehow it has become a part of the culture wars on both sides.
    I think some people confused the outer London potential ‘reversal’ with scrapping the whole thing. That’s what I was highlighting. 

In outer London we were already downstream beneficiaries of the previous boundaries. As others have said because drivers have in many cases already changed behaviours and or the car they drive I didn’t see any threat to our air quality here. 

I do agree there must logically be some marginal benefit in the air quality when the measures are published. But I assume marginal as I understood that was the official TFL forecast. 

I also agree other contributory factors should be explored and identified if that is feasible to do. 
  • Options
    Hall smashed Khan in Bexley & Bromley. 
  • Options

• Options
    Zero swing from the last mayoral election.
  • Options
    The last mayoral election was under a different voting system.
  • Options
    But compared to the national swing to Labour that is a good result for them surely? 
  • Options
    I’ll give this thread 30 minutes before it becomes another one closed because some posters can’t help themselves and insist on shoehorning politics in despite being asked not to. Pathetic really 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    But compared to the national swing to Labour that is a good result for them surely? 
    Depends how you define a good result. Bromley council spent £147,853.20 on challenging ULEZ at court, arranged various protests including the one where horses circled the Orpington war memorial and didn't gain a 0.1% vote swing. They also lost the court case. This in a borough where they would elect Michael Appleton if they stuck a blue rosette on him. 

Personally i saw it's a result for Khan.
  • Sponsored links: