Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Men's T20 World Cup 2021

Comments

• Options
    well that was frustrating, felt we posted a reasonable score and was never going to be comfortable. After the early 2 wickets they were 5/1 , slightly went out. Neesham got them going and Conway had a blinder.

Felt we threw that away, poor bowling, but also they smashed it at the end quite literally some good stuff from them too. Credit NZ, but felt a bit shit after as we were under control with 5 overs to go and last few just went to pot. 
  • Options
    Toss Australia. One foot in the fucking final for the ****s
  • Options
    Australia win the toss and no surprise that they will bowl 
  • Options
    I have a double on a NZ v Pak final .. 1/2 way there ((:>)
  • Options
    The first international cricket I paid attention to as a kid was the 1999 World Cup, in which I learnt the enduring lesson that Pakistan can look like gods for an entire tournament, but at the sight of yellow shirts they will curl up in a small ball. All out 90 imo
  • Options
    Come on Pakistan 
  • Options
    Going well so far, but they're gonna screw it up. Zampa will take six or something. They'll find a way
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Going well so far, but they're gonna screw it up. Zampa will take six or something. They'll find a way
    To be fair when the Aussies are all firing they are a very good side. Rather like Italy when they drew their first three games in the 1982 World Cup they've worked their way in to the tournament, And we know what Italy ended up doing!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That would have been catch of the tournament
  • Options
    This does look like a belter of a track though, Australia will back themselves no matter what Pakistan score
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    The first international cricket I paid attention to as a kid was the 1999 World Cup, in which I learnt the enduring lesson that Pakistan can look like gods for an entire tournament, but at the sight of yellow shirts they will curl up in a small ball. All out 90 imo
    It'll be more satisfying when Australia are crushed by the Kiwis in the final, anyway
  • Options
    I wouldn't rule Pakistan out of winning this match ,they are building the perfect platform to attack the last 6 or 7 overs. 
    I wouldn't be suprised to see them get 170 to 180.
  • Options
    Zampa really is very good in T20 and somewhat underrated by many. With figures of 21-0-116-11he remains a in my tournament World XI
  • Options
    I mentioned earlier in the tournament that I wasn't a fan of this decision making being influenced by the analyst on side that Morgan utilises so much. Well, did we see it at its worst yesterday?

By that I mean, given the success of Livingstone in the conditions, was there scope for Morgan to bring Moeen on for that fatal 17th over? His bowling figures for the tournament are 14-0-77-7 (ER 5.50) and it does seem somewhat bizarre that someone who is considered good enough to open the bowling in one game with just the two fielders out isn't thought to be equipped to handle the pressure of doing so later on with the aid of the additional boundary riders. Turning the ball away from Neesham would also have been more of a challenge than what Jordan had to offer who he hit for two 6s and a 4.

There again, this wouldn't be the first time an England captain hasn't supported Moeen would it?
  • Options
    That's exactly what I thought and said at the time. The other option was Rashid in the 16th, not the 17th
  • Options
    Pakistan have to be on for 170 plus don't they?
  • Options
    Finch is using his bowlers expertly
  • Options
    If Morgan that good as a captain? Good enough that he can continue until when he wants to retire, even if his he isn't one of the best 6 white ball batsmen England have?

Of course he's a decent captain, but he has a really good set of players, all battle hardened by playing lots of white ball cricket in the Blast and abroad. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mohammad Rizwan (270*) and Babar Azam (303) are now the two top  run scorers in the tournament
  • Options
    God I love Rizwan
  • Options
    That no ball was dreadful 
  • Options
    If Morgan that good as a captain? Good enough that he can continue until when he wants to retire, even if his he isn't one of the best 6 white ball batsmen England have?

Of course he's a decent captain, but he has a really good set of players, all battle hardened by playing lots of white ball cricket in the Blast and abroad. 
    The concern is the age of the current team and the need to integrate players one by one rather than when a number disappear at the same time - of the 13 players used by us only Livingstone (28) and Mills (29) are under 30 and there has to be a question mark about Mills' ability to last a tournament. The average age of our side yesterday was nigh on 32 - Stokes (30), Roy (31) and Archer (26) would improve the side but they aren't going to bring that down by much even if available.
  • Options
    Great over by Cummins. Love to see Smith spill a catch as well
  • Options
    Well that's Malik out of my World XI and but at least he did better than that other contender Asif Ali
  • Options
    Pakistan making the same mistake as England. Thinking you can wallop the last few overs to play catch up. 

Into the last over with only 4 wickets down......and then they started the 20th only 2 down. 

Madness.
  • Options
    2 monster 6s!
  • Options
    176-4

Will take some chasing - highest score at this ground in this WC
  • Options
    176-4

Will take some chasing - highest score at this ground in this WC
    🙏🏻