Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Accrington Stanley | Tues 19 October 2021

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    Hope we get a new manager. I'd say our biggest problem is our defence. We seem to be constantly trying to pass the ball out from our own half only to end up losing possession, with a goal often being conceded. Six out of our 13 games have been defeats by a margin of a single goal.

Can we stay up? 51 points ought to be sufficient. So we need 42 from 33 games. Say, 10 wins, 12 draws and 11 defeats. Surely that's possible?

It really would be a miracle if we caught up with the promotion pack.
  • Options
    clive said:
    clive said:
    Pell's second strike was definitely over the line. Did anyone else see Plymouth's comical goal last night? 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87L5EMOJz3w
    Sorry, but that game should have been abandoned. The ball just wasn't moving & their 3rd goal came directly from a Bolton player not being able to move the ball in front of him. 
    So how did the Plymouth player manage to move the ball enough to score a goal?
  • Options
    clive said:
    clive said:
    Pell's second strike was definitely over the line. Did anyone else see Plymouth's comical goal last night? 
    Sorry, but that game should have been abandoned. The ball just wasn't moving & their 3rd goal came directly from a Bolton player not being able to move the ball in front of him. 
    To be fair, two of them failed hilariously before the third couldn't miss 
  • Options
    clive said:
    clive said:
    The monsoon and the 3rd goal all came in the last few minutes, the management and officials have all praised the Plymouth ground staff for keeping the game going.
  • Options
    clive said:
    clive said:
    The monsoon and the 3rd goal all came in the last few minutes, the management and officials have all praised the Plymouth ground staff for keeping the game going.
    Yes. The game was over anyway. I fear for our away trip to Home Park. Revenge served cold I suspect.
  • Options
    I've tried to calm down from that shower of shit display yesterday

The lads at work truly don't get how seeing your club fart out performances like that affects you. Adkins has to go now no doubt about that and I am shocked we haven't let him go yet. 

As far as the players go, if you offered our squad to every manager in the league most would take it on paper. I know the manager is responsible for how the team are set up, tactics, substitutions but at some point players, experienced professionals have to have a bit of arsehole about them and make things happen. None of them will be getting a contract on the showing last night apart from maybe Gilbey and Washington for what his cameo was worth 

I know I've been picking on him but Gunter has to come away from the team and the squad full stop, he is a complete liability and clearly not a bad player having played over 100 international games but he is taking the piss and daydreaming his way through his contract. McGilvery also needs to come out of the side until he learns to command his penalty area and catch a cross. We are missing Amos so much 

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Stockley on form gets in pretty much every team in this league... he has been complete wank this season but some people have very short memories 
    So what's changed between last season and this. He's got the same manager so can't say that has had an effect

Maybe it's because he's now not on loan & doesnt have to prove himself....?
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I think "some people have very short memories" is now my most hated phrase. "We may be staring relegation to the fourth division in the face but we were thankful when TS came in. Some people have very short memories". "Bowyer got us promoted to the championship even though he then became a paranoid liability. Some people have very short memories" "Stockley scored a few goals last season even ehe is now a bit shit. Some people have very short memories". Re-evaluation based on current form is not having a short memory.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Watching Quest, Bazuna dropped a couple of clangers for Pompey yesterday, one when Bonne caught him dawdling on the ball, showing the flipside of loaning a very talented but inexperienced keeper
  • Options
    Those saying to put Henderson in, did you see him in the finishing warm up yesterday?… he was awful, almost immobile. Anything low he just flopped on… my 10 YO would run him close nowadays.

Just a worrying was watching them you’d say Watson looked to be the best finisher of the lot (yes it’s that bad) Davison missed every time 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    I was really impressed with Gilbey last night.

Never let his head drop. His attitude and determination was first class, pressured opponents, always looking to use the ball and willing to bust a gut on driving runs under pressure.

If only we had a team of Gilbey's.

Was thinking exactly the same thought during the game. 
  • Options
    Managers these days have really very little they can do to motivate players.If someone at Charlton say is on 5k a week,and is not doing his job,what can the manager do,drop him of course,will he care probably not,he is going to get his 5k anyway.It happens all over the leagues,player on massive wages or our levels,there is just no incentive for players to go the extra mile if they dont want to.It looks like some at Charlton have adopted that attitude.So,personally,bollocks to them,put some of our u23s in ,you know they love the club and will play for the shirt,they will go down fighting ,not roll over and have their bellies tickled.Morgan gets a lot of stick,and yes he does make mistakes,but he never hides and he never stops running,unlike others who I wont mention.Davison is raw,but look at his effort on that pitch when he comes on,this is all we as supporters ask for.To blame a manager is easy,I do agree NA is perhaps not the man for this job,but what will a new manager be able to change with the squad of players available.Unless someone can come in and instill some sort of pride in playing for Cnarlton,we are in trouble.

• Options
    What do we now do with all our wingers! We have 2 too many and hardly any left footed attacking threat. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Sunderland fans must be licking their lips for our arrival on Saturday. 

What a time to play us.

I can see a big score (6 or 7 nil) and sweet revenge following our recent successes against them in the two play-off finals. 

I have always held a great respect for the Sunderland fans (I think they are very much like us) and readily recall their reaction following their huge disappointments on those days. They showed great dignity in the way they took their defeats and were generous in their praise and respect for our fans as together they made their way out of Wembley.

I feel the time is ripe for them to enjoy a bloody good weekend. 

It's the sort of game where we'll go & get a result & then get hammered by Doncaster