Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Accrington Stanley | Tues 19 October 2021

Comments

• Options
    1StevieG said:
    Duchatelet must be laughing his gaffer taped shoes off.
    I doubt it - his assets are going to worth a lot less in the National League….
  • Options
    What a night. Charlton stunk the house out again. Millwall last min winner, Lyle Taylor the hero. 

Just need to hear now that Matt Southall won the EuroMillions and find Alan Pardew on my side of the bed when I go up. 
    Or the Mrs's side in the morning.
  • Options
    Outplayed by a bloke called Stanley, well played sir a convincing win. 
  • Options
    0%      Top 2
    0%    Play offs 
    20%7th-12th
    72%   13th-20th
    8%  The big R 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I flip flopped all day today about going, I did and how I regretted it.

Our CM’s are seriously lacking movement, game intelligence and energy but honestly those two full backs are a disgrace and the worst I’ve ever seen - they are a massive part of the problem! Each responsible for a goal.

But he whole evening was made worse by the absolute melt sat in the family stand next to me going absolutely nuts at the linesman the WHOLE game in front of his very young, confused kid.

I’m going to have to move seats if I have to put up with that… even the game was more enjoyable 
  • Options
    Why are our players so brain dead? How many stupid fouls did Gilbey give away when the bloke is going nowhere. No footballing intelligence at all 
    And Gunter was the worse culprit. Absolutely clueless the lot of them. 
  • Options
    If there is to be a cull should the Pelchen algorithm be included?

Recruitment analysts Ruben Sammut and former academy graduate Aaron Barnes, work with the Australian-based Dan Pelchen to analyse the data from an algorithm Pelchen has built for the club over the last 12 months to highlight players based on the club’s intended playing style. 

I went back to source for more context on this. 
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/6139d07e655f0/in-depth-summer-transfer-window-2021

That's really scary. The management team have definitively and effectively institutionalised failure in the fabric of the club.
  • Options
    If there is to be a cull should the Pelchen algorithm be included?

Recruitment analysts Ruben Sammut and former academy graduate Aaron Barnes, work with the Australian-based Dan Pelchen to analyse the data from an algorithm Pelchen has built for the club over the last 12 months to highlight players based on the club’s intended playing style. 

I went back to source for more context on this. 
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/6139d07e655f0/in-depth-summer-transfer-window-2021

That's really scary. The management team have definitively and effectively institutionalised failure in the fabric of the club.
    There was so much optimism in that piece. It's hard to believe that it was only written six weeks ago. 
  • Options
    Not always the managers fault that we play badly and lose?
    Maybe as a one-off Mr Coleman, but game after game?
    It is the managers fault.
    How could it be much worse?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Coleman is right, yes Adkins out etc. But these players need to grow a pair of bollocks too 
  • Options
    Forget a clean sheet win , Still haven’t seen us win in the league yet!
  • Options
    HandG said:
    1StevieG said:
    Duchatelet must be laughing his gaffer taped shoes off.
    I doubt it - his assets are going to worth a lot less in the National League….
    Not sure that’s true:
    a) his assets are property. I doubt the value of the property is massively impacted by the division the team who rents the property is playing in over the other factors which determine property value. 
    b) my understanding is one of the big factors which drags down the property value is the challenge anyone would face in getting planning permission to develop the site into something else, that might be an easier sell to the council if we were in non-League! 

It feels like Roland has done Sandgaard, I wonder if that’s starting to sink in for TS yet?
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Did Nige give a interview? Just skimmed the last 7 pages and can't see one
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Did Nige give a interview? Just skimmed the last 7 pages and can't see one

• Options
    Feels like Adkins is in such a irreparable position that nobody is really questioning the excessive amount of players that are coming in and out of the team this season, he has absolutely no idea what his best 22 players are let alone best 11.

I know it’s a game of opinions but how in his eyes do Gunter & Souare warrant a start after being poor vs Lincoln over Matthews & Purrington?

How does Morgan get frozen out the team for so long and is suddenly deemed good enough to start vs Accrington?

He drops Stockley so the team don’t lump it up to him then brings him back in when Davison didn’t deserve to be dropped and I doubt our players could tell us the way we were playing!

I just feel so tired of this football club lately. Accrington didn’t need to get out of 2nd gear to beat us no wonder why they didn’t need to make a sub, an easy stroll in the park.
    Spot on. The only consistent thing about Adkins is he changes the starting 11 every week. 
    I think that’s a huge part of this mess. No development of partnerships, no understanding, no style of play. 
    No chance.