Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Accrington Stanley | Tues 19 October 2021

It was a game of two half’s. Except, in both instances, we were shite. The game was poor throughout, as a footballing spectacle, though it had just about everything. Accrington deserved the win, if only for their canniness. 

The first half we played to recent form. It wasn’t good. We went down early to a quality free kick. We pulled level on a bit of hussle from Gilbey that forced an own goal.

We rallied somewhat at the start of the first half and the crowd got behind the team in anticipation of a comeback and that wasn’t to be. We played better, but it was far from good enough. We show quality at times, but we’re not consistent and so obviously devoid of confidence. We certainly had chances in the second half, but we couldn’t put enough of them away.

We’ve just let in three goals to a poor Accrington Stanley at home. “You’re getting sacked in the morning” rang out many times. I’m hearing “We want Adkins out” as I type this. It’s hard to argue.

Over to you.

Comments

• Options
    I look forward to hearing Adkins on Charlton TV.

Hopefully it will be the last time I ever have to hear him.
  • Options
    Let it swing Thomas, please. 

Guillotine GIFs  Tenor
  • Options
    Intresting about JFC saying about the full backs being told to show the player down the line..... 
  • Options
    Can't be any doubt that Adkins is gone after this, can there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What an absolute pile of shit. 
    I thought it couldn't get any worse and it has. 
  • Options
    With goal difference, we are 5 points from safety with more than a quarter of the season gone. Absolutely dire stuff. Got to be an overhaul here.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    4 points and game  in hand from safety 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    There were good spells but as usual we lack the defensive bite to stop conceding, and the offensive bite to put our chances away.

Morgan played better but seemed to be the defensive midfielder, can’t be right.
  • Options
    Jints said:
    Charlton Athletic? 

Who are dey?
    Exactly
  • Options
    Bromley away next year
  • Options
    Shower of shite
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Terrible performance a complete shambles. No tactics. Accrington had so much time on the ball. The guy hasn't got a clue. Bye bye Nigel. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Such a sad plight. Remember when we were worried about Palace and Millwall. 
  • Options
    We got what we deserved tonight .. absolutely F**k all. Shambles… The lads in the TV studio are trying to give it a positive slant. But F**k me, we just ain’t good enough. The management team ain’t good enough. WE DESERVE BETTER for all of the S**t that we’ve had to put up with over the years. Tonight = Same S**t, different day. Goodnight Nigel. Turn the lights off on your way out 
  • Options
    Saturday was the last straw for me, was willing to give him time given how late the recruitment went on but even after the international break we still look way off. Tonight surely forces Tommy's hand.

Not that I'm exactly enthusiastic about what follows, I feel there are many and potentially bigger issues than Adkins at the club at the moment. 
  • Options
    IF we get a new manager you can bet it'll be  a stop gap .. no decent manager of any age or experience would want to come here a t m .. I have NO idea at all though who could come in short term and stop this spreading rot .. might be best to let JJ have a go until Christmas at least