Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Accrington Stanley | Tues 19 October 2021

Comments

• Options
    Too many poor players. Gunter, Famwoe, Soare, Morgan, Clare, Lecko, Stockley, not sure about the spelling though.
  • Options
    Beaten by a superior team . Grim viewing .
  • Options
    Curbs saying, the amount of chances we had in the second half, on another night we would have scored three. Not this season we wouldn't have Curbs.
  • Options
    Listen to the Curbs and JFC comments about the 2nd and 3rd goals.  Very intresting. 
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Can't be any doubt that Adkins is gone after this, can there?
    I don't think its nailed on, Tommy knows fuck all about football so where does he start, he needs advice from people and they are thin on the ground at the club. 

I would not be at all surprised if I wake up and nothing has been said. Hope I am wrong though 
    unfortunately this could well be the outcome
  • Options
    Should have been a 4-2 loss really, with Stanley scoring 5 of them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What was the point of bringing DJ on?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    One of the saddest things (amongst many) was the attendance - people are drifting away in large numbers and the excitement that greeted the Sandgaard take over has been thoroughly lost.
    I cant just put me finger on why.
  • Options
    Still reckon he'll be here Sat. 

If this farce continues it doesn't bear thinking about. Grim times.
  • Options
    It isn't the lack of passion or trying, the players just arn't very good, and the manager is clueless
  • Options
    Feel no sadness or disappointment. Totally numb apart from confusion as to why this fraud is still in charge of picking the team.

Get him gone NOW.
  • Options
    Players looked distraught on the pitch at the end, think the fans made it clear what they want at the final whistle. What a waste of an evening that was
  • Options
    Charlton TV waiting for Adkins to appear to give his post match interview.  I dont think he will make an entrance & we will be told that they are going off air soon. 
  • Options
    A shambles and let's not overlook Accrington actually scored four times plus one for us. 

We made them look like Real Madrid.  

Only positive was that some individuals played for personal pride.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What was the point of bringing DJ on?
    exactly .. perhaps it's got to the stage where Adkins is just  taking the piss
  • Options
    He needs to be sacked.
  • Options
    Uh-oh, the 'someone on Player Marks reckoned CBT was our worst player' klaxon just went off 
  • Options
    We played for a total of twenty mins again, lucky to be in it at half time, came out gave it a go the conceded again, heads went down and even though we managed to get close we are so poor.
  • Options
    Got to feel for Curbs etc. They're trying really hard not to say anything negative.
    Part of the problem, if more people within the club, at whatever capacity, voiced concerns and doubts then it would garner more attention. Minto, Curbs, Brown, the commentary team, the social media guys, there needs to be pressure put on Adkins for why it's failing and continues to fail, and pressure on TS for why he hasn't called for a change
  • Options

Spot on.
  • Options
    Worst ever Charlton team…… including reserve teams. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Too many poor players. Gunter, Famwoe, Soare, Morgan, Clare, Lecko, Stockley, not sure about the spelling though.
    Leko?! 
    Yeh, couple of crosses second half but otherwise be poor
    I think it was more that we didn’t get him on the ball enough rather than him being poor. He’s a good player at this level.