Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Accrington Stanley | Tues 19 October 2021

Comments

• Options
    Wonder what Karel Fraeye is up to these days…,
  • Options
    Probably on the after dinner circuit taking about how he’d improve the team
  • Options
    You sure he wasn’t playing for us tonight?
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    Curbs who I love 
    Kept saying we must stop leaking goals,
    which is correct, but nobody in the room said
    the real truth that our defence in shite and our manager is unable to hold the dressing room together and get his points over.
    he should be sacked tonight, but I am taking bets that when we get beat and Sunderland 
    the incompetent Tosser will still be here 😂😂
    wake up Thomas and sack this has been WANKER !!!
    The defence isn’t shite, it’s just that they look like they haven’t been told what position they are supposed to be playing in and what their job is
    So, they're shite then
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    Curbs who I love 
    Kept saying we must stop leaking goals,
    which is correct, but nobody in the room said
    the real truth that our defence in shite and our manager is unable to hold the dressing room together and get his points over.
    he should be sacked tonight, but I am taking bets that when we get beat and Sunderland 
    the incompetent Tosser will still be here 😂😂
    wake up Thomas and sack this has been WANKER !!!
    The defence isn’t shite, it’s just that they look like they haven’t been told what position they are supposed to be playing in and what their job is
        So because they have no f—king idea what their job is…..the defence is shite 😂😂😂👍
  • Options
    Duchatelet must be laughing his gaffer taped shoes off.
  • Options
    that game really proved the fine line between winning and losing .. a nasty niggling first half , Accrington tactics never nice and the bully boy tactics .. ref was dreadful he was conned time and time again… Pell should have seen red in first half .. 

Key moments .. morgan makes a fine take but ref gives free kick 0-1 
    OG after good build up 1-1
    46 mins Stockley clear header few yards out and he misses a sitter 
    few moments later Stockley loses an easy pass from Taylor Accrington attack and within 30 secs 1-2 very poor from Stockley 
    1-3 again out of nothing left back needs to do better 
    2-3 Good goal from Stockley after excellent work from Washington 
    Brilliant volley from Davison hits keeper who knows nothing about it and ball goes wide
    lot of pressure put on the Accrington area but they held firm .. with a lot of cheating falling over at the slightest touch and time wasting 

overall we deserved something from that game second half we showed what a good team we can be 

Cheers Nigel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    that game really proved the fine line between winning and losing .. a nasty niggling first half , Accrington tactics never nice and the bully boy tactics .. ref was dreadful he was conned time and time again… Pell should have seen red in first half .. 

few moments later Stockley loses an easy pass from Taylor Accrington attack and within 30 secs 1-2 very poor from Stockley 
    Brilliant volley from Davison hits keeper who knows nothing about it and ball goes wide
    lot of pressure put on the Accrington area but they held firm .. with a lot of cheating falling over at the slightest touch and time wasting 

overall we deserved something from that game second half we showed what a good team we can be 

Glasses Are Cool GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Uh-oh, the 'someone on Player Marks reckoned CBT was our worst player' klaxon just went off 
    Bzzzzt!

C'mon, he was good for 25 minutes, not 5
  • Options
    I have no words.
    END OF DAYS
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    May be Sandagaard reckons that relegation will cost him less than paying off Adkins and the backroom staff and then to pay a new manager and his staff.
    Well he's an idiot then. 

Previously its taken us 3 years to get out of this division - get relegated & it could take  3 years just to get out of League 2 !!

Also look at Southend. Once you are into freefall anything could happen. 

If TS doesn't act soon then his investment could be almost worthless in a couple of years. 

Isn’t it literally worthless now? Can’t see how he realistically makes any money out of it and I can’t see anyone willing to take it off his hands (even for a peppercorn sum).
  • Options
    The players aren't good enough and Adkins knows it.  He'll be relieved if he gets a payoff and can watch the next poor sod trying to get a tune out of this lot.  
    Well he seemed to have a very clear view of the players he wants, their skill sets and what is expected of them when he spoke at the Bromley meeting. It would suggest he had very little to do with who we signed because none of what he wants or expects is happening.

• Options

I've said the same on here & the match thread but you do seem to have conveniently forgotten about their free kick that seemed to have crossed the line....... so could have lost 4-2.
    Isn't there goal-line technology at the Valley?  Did look in though, agreed.  Was at the match and not seen it on tv. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Samaritans here we come…
  • Options
    was another disappointing result and totally deserved - but  - those 10 minutes after half time we had a team that fought, seemed to want to make a proper physical challenge, make runs into space and look to play football - the crowd really got behind the team it felt like our Charlton were back - then we let in a soft tap in and we fell apart again - was expecting Bolton all over again - I still believe the over-riding problem is lack of fitness across the team -
  • Options
    So the game was 2-3 but we scored one and Accrington scored five.
    This is actually the truth.

• Options
    I’m a young Addick, early 20s so I’ve only ever seen the dross that this club produces but that was the worst of the lot! 

I’ve seen BETTER SUNDAY LEAGUE TACTICS than this pathetic PE teacher puts into play. 

My take is Nigel Adkins is just thick and completely lost any football nouse that he had previously. 

If Albie Morgan can come through our academy then we are rotten from top to bottom, he’s our worst player and that’s saying something with the likes of Gunter in the team. 

SHOCKING

I hate to break this to you, but you’re far too old to be in the Young Addicks mate.
  • Options
    I have no words.
    Brilliant @Grapevine49

First time I’ve smiled all evening 
    Jesus Christ, you really know shit has hit the fan when Grapevine says that 👀
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    On we move to Sunderland
    People dont want a Match Preview for Sunderland do they?