Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Accrington Stanley | Tues 19 October 2021

Comments

• Options
    Even dear old Kenneth Williams can’t lift my spirits tonight.
  • Options
    Get rid of the twat 
    clueless 

the fans will be lacking when it comes to home games - let alone toxic 

can’t be bothered anymore 
  • Options
    No positives in the football so here's a couple of pictures of Jessie our Romanian street rescue that we've had for 8 weeks now...
    good programme on R4 a while back about the ladies who run the Rom Dogs charity .. I think they are based in Bournemouth ?
    There's a big network of small setups...we got her through Romanian SOS South West. Seems to be collie whippet or the Rom equivalent...very smart, great with other dogs unlike our beloved Shep who could have a fight in a room on his own..
  • Options
    I sat behind the home dugout as I wanted to see how Adkins behaves and ‘manages’.

It was interesting. He micromanages the game constantly barking orders. On most occasions his message didn’t get through. It is hard for players to hear, granted, but I’m sure in a number of occasions they just ignored him. It appeared we weee surprised by and unprepared for everything Stanley did, almost as though we’d done no prep work.

Stockley involved in an argument with Euell for most of the first half. Gunter and Jackson similar. Adkins seems so far removed from our club and fans. He wants a payout as far as I can see. 

It was an awful performance. Famewo and Gunter barely found a red shirt. Lavelle I quite like but he needs someone with experience alongside him. Morgan is someone I’m separate to do well but he just isn’t good enough. Gilbey brought energy and tried to get forward. CBT anonymous first half but better second. Same for Leko.

Accy frustrated the hell out of me with their gamesmanship, especially Pell but they did it so effectively. The ref was easy to influence.

I’m usually glass half full but this evening it was pretty much empty. I can’t see how we pull it back without a change and I hope it is imminent.
    What was being said?
  • Options
    I sat behind the home dugout as I wanted to see how Adkins behaves and ‘manages’.

It was interesting. He micromanages the game constantly barking orders. On most occasions his message didn’t get through. It is hard for players to hear, granted, but I’m sure in a number of occasions they just ignored him. It appeared we weee surprised by and unprepared for everything Stanley did, almost as though we’d done no prep work.

Stockley involved in an argument with Euell for most of the first half. Gunter and Jackson similar. Adkins seems so far removed from our club and fans. He wants a payout as far as I can see. 

It was an awful performance. Famewo and Gunter barely found a red shirt. Lavelle I quite like but he needs someone with experience alongside him. Morgan is someone I’m separate to do well but he just isn’t good enough. Gilbey brought energy and tried to get forward. CBT anonymous first half but better second. Same for Leko.

Accy frustrated the hell out of me with their gamesmanship, especially Pell but they did it so effectively. The ref was easy to influence.

I’m usually glass half full but this evening it was pretty much empty. I can’t see how we pull it back without a change and I hope it is imminent.
    Very interesting, and thanks for sharing. 

From what you witnessed do you think Euell and Jackson are just as culpable as Adkins with our set up and playing style?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No positives in the football so here's a couple of pictures of Jessie our Romanian street rescue that we've had for 8 weeks now...
    good programme on R4 a while back about the ladies who run the Rom Dogs charity .. I think they are based in Bournemouth ?
    There's a big network of small setups...we got her through Romanian SOS South West. Seems to be collie whippet or the Rom equivalent...very smart, great with other dogs unlike our beloved Shep who could have a fight in a room on his own..
    great stuff, enjoy him, he looks like a good one 
  • Options
    masicat said:
    I have never ever said Adkins Out, but …………Adkins Out.
    Even now I'd still not shout for a manager to go.
  • Options
    Soare had a shocker
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    masicat said:
    I have never ever said Adkins Out, but …………Adkins Out.
    Even now I'd still not shout for a manager to go.

You are joking??
  • Options
    I just don’t know what to say. Thought we had bottomed out as a club but now we’re sinking into the mud. I don’t blame Thomas. I think he’s been fucked over by who he thought he could trust to oversee the club. Roddy presided over a dreadful transfer window and was instrumental in bringing in Adkins. We need a total restructuring. Surely it can’t get any worse.
    Watch this space.
  • Options
    At one stage early in the second half, the stadium went quiet. Almost as though the grim realisation of relegation had enveloped the crowd. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just don’t know what to say. Thought we had bottomed out as a club but now we’re sinking into the mud. I don’t blame Thomas. I think he’s been fucked over by who he thought he could trust to oversee the club. Roddy presided over a dreadful transfer window and was instrumental in bringing in Adkins. We need a total restructuring. Surely it can’t get any worse.
    Do we know for sure it was Roddy who brought Adkins in.....or is that just more internet speculation. 
  • Options
    God I hate myself for being a Charlton fan......
  • Options
    Even Roland would of sacked adkins by now. Come on Thomas do the right thing and get rid.
  • Options
    great stuff, enjoy her, she looks like a good one 
    Thanks Lincs...
  • Options
    He maintains his assumption that its mistakes that are costing us, that ignores the dire first half. We actually conceded when we were having our best spell of play but Accrington could have been out of sight by then. Adkins must go.
  • Options
    I get the love in for Jackson but if he is the defensive coach he has a lot to answer too, what do they do at Sparrows Lane? 
    It's the worst part of our set up. 
  • Options
    I suspect we will improve under a new manager. We still have time but how much I don't know. I was hoping after Bolton we would make the change with a view to making the play-offs. It is now definitely about staying up. Sandgaard has to act now, the manager is a dead man walking and that only brings the team down with him. 
  • Options
    If that twitter statement above is true he aint going nowhere
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    You sack after he’s done the media stuff, not before
    You little tease.
  • Options
    Do we know for sure it was Roddy who brought Adkins in.....or is that just more internet speculation. 
    I doubt TS would have known Adkins if he had kicked him in the nuts. I’m confident it was Roddy.