Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Accrington Stanley | Tues 19 October 2021

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Leuth said:
    Why are our players so brain dead? How many stupid fouls did Gilbey give away when the bloke is going nowhere. No footballing intelligence at all 
    A few good runs - winger stuff - but in the engine room he is very lacking. Still one of our better players tonight but it wasn't a dominant midfield performance 
    The real problem was Morgan at defensive centre mid  He can't tackle so the back four were unprotected. Our defending was dreadful. Oh for Pratley!
  • Options
    I sat behind the home dugout as I wanted to see how Adkins behaves and ‘manages’.

It was interesting. He micromanages the game constantly barking orders. On most occasions his message didn’t get through. It is hard for players to hear, granted, but I’m sure in a number of occasions they just ignored him. It appeared we weee surprised by and unprepared for everything Stanley did, almost as though we’d done no prep work.

Stockley involved in an argument with Euell for most of the first half. Gunter and Jackson similar. Adkins seems so far removed from our club and fans. He wants a payout as far as I can see. 

It was an awful performance. Famewo and Gunter barely found a red shirt. Lavelle I quite like but he needs someone with experience alongside him. Morgan is someone I’m separate to do well but he just isn’t good enough. Gilbey brought energy and tried to get forward. CBT anonymous first half but better second. Same for Leko.

Accy frustrated the hell out of me with their gamesmanship, especially Pell but they did it so effectively. The ref was easy to influence.

I’m usually glass half full but this evening it was pretty much empty. I can’t see how we pull it back without a change and I hope it is imminent.
    What was being said?
    Stockley saying he’s making runs but we are so slow to spot them. Euell talking him to stop running away from the ball. Didn’t hear the Gunter/Jackson one as Jacko kept turning his back on him but there were clearly words. 
  • Options
    So dispiriting and I am worried that there will be no change before the weekend. Serious trouble now. Realistically we will lose the weekend and it's hard to get out of the bottom four when you have been there all season. Just don't think that the players are good enough or have the fight in them for a relegation battle. Depressing.
  • Options
    I have no words.
    😱
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    May be Sandagaard reckons that relegation will cost him less than paying off Adkins and the backroom staff and then to pay a new manager and his staff.
  • Options
    I sat behind the home dugout as I wanted to see how Adkins behaves and ‘manages’.

It was interesting. He micromanages the game constantly barking orders. On most occasions his message didn’t get through. It is hard for players to hear, granted, but I’m sure in a number of occasions they just ignored him. It appeared we weee surprised by and unprepared for everything Stanley did, almost as though we’d done no prep work.

Stockley involved in an argument with Euell for most of the first half. Gunter and Jackson similar. Adkins seems so far removed from our club and fans. He wants a payout as far as I can see. 

It was an awful performance. Famewo and Gunter barely found a red shirt. Lavelle I quite like but he needs someone with experience alongside him. Morgan is someone I’m separate to do well but he just isn’t good enough. Gilbey brought energy and tried to get forward. CBT anonymous first half but better second. Same for Leko.

Accy frustrated the hell out of me with their gamesmanship, especially Pell but they did it so effectively. The ref was easy to influence.

I’m usually glass half full but this evening it was pretty much empty. I can’t see how we pull it back without a change and I hope it is imminent.
    Very interesting, and thanks for sharing. 

From what you witnessed do you think Euell and Jackson are just as culpable as Adkins with our set up and playing style?
    I sensed a United front being displayed. There certainly wasn’t any obvious disregard for each other. But I do think Jackson would love the chance to show what he can do with this squad. Adkins appeared fairly aloof to be honest.
  • Options
    I have no words.
    This perfectly represents how dire things have become.
  • Options
    Rubbish game but it was entertaining. Our defence is hopeless and I have no idea what our tactics are.

The first half was truly awful.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Whoever comes in next has the probably the biggest responsibility on their shoulders in our history. We cannot go down to league 2. The next choice is massive TS and you cannot get this wrong.
    I bet he (i.e. Roddy) does when the time comes but I don't think he'll sack adkins yet.
  • Options
    that game really proved the fine line between winning and losing .. a nasty niggling first half , Accrington tactics never nice and the bully boy tactics .. ref was dreadful he was conned time and time again… Pell should have seen red in first half .. 

Key moments .. morgan makes a fine take but ref gives free kick 0-1 
    OG after good build up 1-1
    46 mins Stockley clear header few yards out and he misses a sitter 
    few moments later Stockley loses an easy pass from Taylor Accrington attack and within 30 secs 1-2 very poor from Stockley 
    1-3 again out of nothing left back needs to do better 
    2-3 Good goal from Stockley after excellent work from Washington 
    Brilliant volley from Davison hits keeper who knows nothing about it and ball goes wide
    lot of pressure put on the Accrington area but they held firm .. with a lot of cheating falling over at the slightest touch and time wasting 

overall we deserved something from that game second half we showed what a good team we can be 

What for? I must have missed it.
  • Options
    Curbs who I love 
    Kept saying we must stop leaking goals,
    which is correct, but nobody in the room said
    the real truth that our defence in shite and our manager is unable to hold the dressing room together and get his points over.
    he should be sacked tonight, but I am taking bets that when we get beat and Sunderland 
    the incompetent Tosser will still be here 😂😂
    wake up Thomas and sack this has been WANKER !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have no words.
    Can we have clarification Grapevine49’s account hasn’t been hacked. If he hasn’t I’m feeling even more short changed now!!😂
  • Options
    looking on the bright side, getting a beer at half time was the quickest in a long time 

Even in the darkest of days there’s always a silver lining.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Thomas won’t sack Nigel, he can’t blow £1 million plus  to pay up his contract not quite sure what Thomas’s tipping point is, but it’s getting embarrassing now.
  • Options
    that game really proved the fine line between winning and losing .. a nasty niggling first half , Accrington tactics never nice and the bully boy tactics .. ref was dreadful he was conned time and time again… Pell should have seen red in first half .. 

Key moments .. morgan makes a fine take but ref gives free kick 0-1 
    OG after good build up 1-1
    46 mins Stockley clear header few yards out and he misses a sitter 
    few moments later Stockley loses an easy pass from Taylor Accrington attack and within 30 secs 1-2 very poor from Stockley 
    1-3 again out of nothing left back needs to do better 
    2-3 Good goal from Stockley after excellent work from Washington 
    Brilliant volley from Davison hits keeper who knows nothing about it and ball goes wide
    lot of pressure put on the Accrington area but they held firm .. with a lot of cheating falling over at the slightest touch and time wasting 

overall we deserved something from that game second half we showed what a good team we can be 

I've said the same on here & the match thread but you do seem to have conveniently forgotten about their free kick that seemed to have crossed the line....... so could have lost 4-2.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    We need some new ideas... We look void of direction and have no tactical nuance
  • Options
    I have no words.
    Admin, I’d like to report a hacking.
    Aargh shit, beat me to it!!, oh well😂
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    Curbs who I love 
    Kept saying we must stop leaking goals,
    which is correct, but nobody in the room said
    the real truth that our defence in shite and our manager is unable to hold the dressing room together and get his points over.
    he should be sacked tonight, but I am taking bets that when we get beat and Sunderland 
    the incompetent Tosser will still be here 😂😂
    wake up Thomas and sack this has been WANKER !!!
    The defence isn’t shite, it’s just that they look like they haven’t been told what position they are supposed to be playing in and what their job is
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    So dispiriting and I am worried that there will be no change before the weekend. Serious trouble now. Realistically we will lose the weekend and it's hard to get out of the bottom four when you have been there all season. Just don't think that the players are good enough or have the fight in them for a relegation battle. Depressing.
    spot on.