Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Accrington Stanley | Tues 19 October 2021

Comments

• Options
    Looked at the line up and formation at the start and knew we would get overun. 

• Options
    Got to feel for Curbs etc. They're trying really hard not to say anything negative.

Maybe they should just say it as it is then. It’s not like we don’t know the truth that we are a fucking shambles and unless things change we’re just going to slide further into the shit.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Minto: "we'll wait on Nigel"
    Me: "oh do we have to?"
    Not a good sign if he does appear..
  • Options
    Still think we were a bit unlucky.

But goals win games & we had enough chances to get something from the game  Washington did well for our 2nd but should have scored from Davison's scuff.

We've found out just how dark the cloud has to get for Golfie to spot the silver lining. Ironic it'd happen when everyone else has given up trying to find one.
    Almost as if it's on purpose!!
  • Options
    Minto, Curbs and Jake now as lost as our defence, running out of things to say, whilst Nigel is hiding. We could be here all bloody night.  Think NA is hoping we all give up and catch up on Bake Off… 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Hmmm
  • Options
    What was the attendance?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    One of the saddest things (amongst many) was the attendance - people are drifting away in large numbers and the excitement that greeted the Sandgaard take over has been thoroughly lost.
    Totally agree.
    I been to the Valley 4 times since I the first Roland season, and not at all since TS took over.
    I no longer feel the pull to go to games and this certainly isn’t helping stir my enthusiasm again.
    As it stands, I think my days of going to games are over!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Got to feel for Curbs etc. They're trying really hard not to say anything negative.
    Part of the problem, if more people within the club, at whatever capacity, voiced concerns and doubts then it would garner more attention. Minto, Curbs, Brown, the commentary team, the social media guys, there needs to be pressure put on Adkins for why it's failing and continues to fail, and pressure on TS for why he hasn't called for a change
    They are not going to bite the hand that feeds them though are they, they are representing the club on Charlton TV.

it's the fucking great elephant in the studio
  • Options
    Well it’s now over to Thomas. He is a business man . He took this club over because he could see a business opportunity. He found a London club at the right price,  a premier league stadium. A premier league training ground and a potentially huge fan base. He wanted to take it far and market the Charlton Athletic  brand world wide. Fair play to him . He has had bad bad advice. As a business man surely he can see it going up the swanny . He needs to act his business plan is falling apart. 
  • Options
    Come on lads, let’s chat about any holidays you got coming up….. ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    What was the attendance?
    Not sure what was announced, but I can’t imagine it was more than 7,000 actually there.
  • Options
    We're only making plans for Nigel
    We only want what's best for him
    Nigel just needs that helping hand
    And if old Nigel says he's happy
    He must be happy
    He must be happy
    He must be happy in his world
    He has his future ..............
    Nigel's whole future is as good as sealed
    Yeah
    top song that
  • Options
    Minto, Curbs and Jake now as lost as our defence, running out of things to say, whilst Nigel is hiding. We could be here all bloody night.  Think NA is hoping we all give up and catch up on Bake Off… 
    To be honest if he gives an interview I would say he has kept his job, if they are sacking him tonight they should keep him away from the cameras and release a statement.
    If he doesn’t do an interview I’ll take that as he’s gone and I can to bed instead of waiting for the tweet etc.
  • Options
    Fair play to Minto asking right questions
  • Options
    Come on lads, let’s chat about any holidays you got coming up….. ?
    Adkins has got a long one coming hopefully 
  • Options
    Hoping we hear the words "and it seems we will be hearing from Jonny Jackson this evening"
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    clb74 said:
    What was the attendance?
    Not sure what was announced, but I can’t imagine it was more than 7,000 actually there.
    4000 more than will be there next season.