Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Insulate Britain - Part 2

Comments

• Options
    Need to be in Dover for 8 tomorrow morning so leaving Sunbury at 5.45, hopefully, too early for them.
  • Options
    There's an older fella with whispy grey hair who appears to be in every Insulate Britain protest. Bloke must travel the country at 5am just to sit on motorway sections.

I actually have huge respect for his persistence in annoying as many people as possible. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Good luck to them, while also hoping no-one gets hurt and no-one misses an important appointment!

The UN Emissions Gap report suggests current plans are far too weak; 
    "To stand a chance of limiting global warming to 1.5C, we have eight years to almost halve greenhouse gas emissions: eight years to make the plans, put in place the policies, implement them and ultimately deliver the cuts," said Inger Andersen, executive director of Unep." - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-59049770

Once that tipping point comes in global warming, there's no going back. I think more desperate forms of protest are inevitable.
    I don't think their methods are helping their cause, but we must certainly do far more to prevent a disaster. I suspect there will be a lot more protests during COP 26 as so many countries are not taking enough action to stop damaging climate change

It seems the Government is running scared about the backlash from voters, over their refusal last week to stop the water companies from discharging raw sewage into our seas and rivers. Perhaps letting them know that they will lose votes unless they take the necessary action, is the best way to get the message across.
  • Options
    wankers the lot of em - I'm planning to use the M25 Thursday, hopefully they've all been cleared off the road by then
  • Options
    There's an older fella with whispy grey hair who appears to be in every Insulate Britain protest. Bloke must travel the country at 5am just to sit on motorway sections.

I actually have huge respect for his persistence in annoying as many people as possible. 
    Lets hope he's the first to be chewing someone's bumper tomorrow morning....
  • Options
    The trouble is their argument is totally flawed. Yes ofcourse the world has to take steps to tackle this issue otherwise the consequences are unthinkable. However the facts and figures that these people are banding about as fact are total nonsense. I'm a firm believer in doing the right things to alleviate carbon but the least they could do in order to gain respect for their cause is to give true facts
  • Options
    Bunch of absolute wankers only intent is to cause hassle for millions of law abiding people. I really hope one of them comes a cropper, they don’t care about people trying to get to hospitals etc, pure scum.
    Law abiding people? The standard of driving on the M25 must have improved. 😀
  • Options
    Good luck to them, while also hoping no-one gets hurt and no-one misses an important appointment!

The UN Emissions Gap report suggests current plans are far too weak; 
    "To stand a chance of limiting global warming to 1.5C, we have eight years to almost halve greenhouse gas emissions: eight years to make the plans, put in place the policies, implement them and ultimately deliver the cuts," said Inger Andersen, executive director of Unep." - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-59049770

Once that tipping point comes in global warming, there's no going back. I think more desperate forms of protest are inevitable.
    prick
  • Options
    Bloody unhappy about this as on Friday I got an operation on my foot, nothing life threatening but certainly life changing as I will be able to walk more than a few hundred yards. I’ve got a 20 mile drive around the M25 which should take around 25 minutes or a 2 hour drive through the back doubles along with all you other Herberts trying to find a way way out of the chaos.
  • Options
    The truth is that nobody really cares enough about climate change to really change their daily routine.

If a massive cut in co2 emissions really is needed, that would require people to stop flying, stop driving (even electric cars given the carbon emissions required to manufacture), and stop buying food flown into the country.

The public appetite is just not there. The consequences of that are very much unknown.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ah you’ve seen @ElfsborgAddick as well. 
  • Options

I'm not surprised.
  • Options

Try telling that to the person who’s mother had a stroke whilst these wankers blocked the road. 
    It was tongue-in-cheek. That's awful and I would be absolutely furious in your position. Hope she's on the mend.
  • Options

Ah you’ve seen @ElfsborgAddick as well. 
    Lol
  • Options

Try telling that to the person who’s mother had a stroke whilst these wankers blocked the road. 
    It was tongue-in-cheek. That's awful and I would be absolutely furious in your position. Hope she's on the mend.
    I’m my position wtf are you on about? It wasn’t my mother was it.. Had it have been I’d have been up on multiple murder charges by now. 
  • Options

Insulate Britain acknowledges the inconvenience and irritation we are causing to the public in our campaign, we ask that you understand that the days of disruption are necessary to force a government to fulfill its most basic of duties to protect and defend its people. Insulate Britain considers the UK Government to be in treasonous betrayal of this country.

We ask that:

• People do not use the M25, or if they do, speeds are reduced to 20 mph to minimise the risk of accidents.

• The Highway agency acts on its responsibilities to keep the public safe by enforcing this speed limit.

• The police refuse to arrest us, as we are upholding the British constitution and they have a duty to refuse to obey any government that fails to uphold its first and most important responsibility: the protection of people in Britain.

So they’re approaching this on the basis of protecting the people of Britain whilst potentially putting lives at risk with the manner of their protests.

• Options

I’m my position wtf are you on about? It wasn’t my mother was it.. Had it have been I’d have been up on multiple murder charges by now. 
    Bloody hell I mis-read that completely. 
  • Options
    Apparently with half the world shut down  Virtually no planes flying  or cruise ships sailing the amount of co2 in the atmosphere actually rose to record levels. Is the whole problem really all man made or is something else going on
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Macronate said:

Insulate Britain acknowledges the inconvenience and irritation we are causing to the public in our campaign, we ask that you understand that the days of disruption are necessary to force a government to fulfill its most basic of duties to protect and defend its people. Insulate Britain considers the UK Government to be in treasonous betrayal of this country.

We ask that:

• People do not use the M25, or if they do, speeds are reduced to 20 mph to minimise the risk of accidents.

• The Highway agency acts on its responsibilities to keep the public safe by enforcing this speed limit.

• The police refuse to arrest us, as we are upholding the British constitution and they have a duty to refuse to obey any government that fails to uphold its first and most important responsibility: the protection of people in Britain.

So they’re approaching this on the basis of protecting the people of Britain whilst potentially putting lives at risk with the manner of their protests.

Of all the carbon emissions and all the things you might not agree with the government on, his seems a very strange hill, or road, to die on.  Possibly literally. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DPFC said:
    Apparently with half the world shut down  Virtually no planes flying  or cruise ships sailing the amount of co2 in the atmosphere actually rose to record levels. Is the whole problem really all man made or is something else going on
    More volcanoes erupting than usual might have an impact.
  • Options
    Good luck with that @CharltonKerry
  • Options
    I, for one, enjoy our new hot summers.
    Well I'm looking forward to our climate being like northern Newfoundland (which is far more likely when the Gulf Stream shuts down). 

• Options
    DPFC said:
    The former
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    I, for one, enjoy our new hot summers.
    Well I'm looking forward to our climate being like northern Newfoundland (which is far more likely when the Gulf Stream shuts down). 

The several hundred million of us living here will be nice and snug and warm...
  • Options
    DPFC said:
    Of course it did. We were still pumping co2 into the air. But global emissions fell about 6% in 2020 compared to 2019.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!