Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Signed Merchandise

Comments

• Options
    Faux Outrage? I don’t think anyone is expecting the commercial director to get 100 lashings. It’s just the price structure is a bit wanky that’s all.
    Yes it faux outrage Louis saying you used to be able to drop shirts off for signing.... then in reply to his own comment saying you can still do exactly that. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Faux Outrage? I don’t think anyone is expecting the commercial director to get 100 lashings. It’s just the price structure is a bit wanky that’s all.
    Yes it faux outrage Louis saying you used to be able to drop shirts off for signing.... then in reply to his own comment saying you can still do exactly that. 
    Doesn't his comment say he's done this before these went on sale?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    But in some ways that makes it worse - they’re selling £100 worth of signatures and at the same time giving them away for free to people who know about dropping it off at the training ground 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    shine166 said:
    Doesn't his comment say he's done this before these went on sale?
    Yes, but it doesn't say that it's now been stopped either. Just moaning for the sake of it 'IMO'. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    But in some ways that makes it worse - they’re selling £100 worth of signatures and at the same time giving them away for free to people who know about dropping it off at the training ground 
    And on the other hand, it's still cheaper than driving up from Devon... dropping it off and then doing the same trip a week later to collect it. Spending money on 800 miles of driving and 2 days of Lost work. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Don't really see a lot of difference between this and the shirt sponsorship scheme to be honest.
    Particularly if you do not get THE worn shirt of said player.
  • Options
    I like the idea of a signed shirt, although I would just get the thing done personally at the ground before/after a game.
  • Options
    The club has done this sort of thing sporadically over the last decade, even under Roland. Didn't remember this much "outrage" then. 

You buy it or you don't. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    My sons take on this is, if people want to pay for it fine, you don’t have to buy it, but is there any chance the money could be reinvested into buying some decent hand driers in the men’s loos!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are we getting to the point where we just whinge about everything the club does?
  • Options
    I'm outraged at the outrage generated by a number of fans who wouldn't be inclined to buy this merchandise should it be at a reasonable price. Incidentally do we know if other L1 clubs do this sort of thing and what they charge?

• Options
    I like the idea of a signed shirt, although I would just get the thing done personally at the ground before/after a game.
    Amazoncouk Anti-Fuck - T-Shirts  Tops amp Tees Clothing
  • Options
    The club have got so much wrong off the pitch since the summer, but this is not one of them. They are simply selling merchandise, those who want to buy it can do so, those who don't, dont.
  • Options
    I do wonder if the players will be advised not to sign anything outside the Ground after games whilst this stock is available - Kind of makes it pointless for the players to interact etc. whilst this merchandise is available after all.

Now I bet that'll really piss people off if thats the case.
  • Options
    Is this a bad time to put my signed shirt I won on the efl app the other day at Lincoln up for sale. Was going to start the bidding at £5k 🤦‍♂️

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    The club have got so much wrong off the pitch since the summer, but this is not one of them. They are simply selling merchandise, those who want to buy it can do so, those who don't, dont.
    Agreed. I suspect that pockets within the club have been set targets to increase revenue, and I can't disagree with that as football is a business and every club outside the top league needs to bring in as much money as it can from whatever means. As others have said if you don't like this idea noboby is forcing you to put your hand in your pocket wheras a few others will be happy to do so.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/61699244ae481/limited-range-of-signed-charlton-merchandise-to-go-on-sale

What happened to the old days of getting autographs on shirts after games? Still if people want to pay these prices then good luck to them.

The video messages from a player celebrating a special event is different though getting Jacko to say congrats to Bert for losing his virginity last week might not be allowed 
    This.

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/61699244ae481/limited-range-of-signed-charlton-merchandise-to-go-on-sale

What happened to the old days of getting autographs on shirts after games? Still if people want to pay these prices then good luck to them.

The video messages from a player celebrating a special event is different though getting Jacko to say congrats to Bert for losing his virginity last week might not be allowed 
    This.

Has anybody said this can't be done now?
  • Options
    The cynic in me is really starting to think prior to buying us TS was told/advised that the fans are only staying away because they had an owner that didn't give shit and never showed up.

Buy the club.Say a few good things. Turn up to a few games maybe win a few and they'll all come flooding back. We'll be selling out week after week!

This latest, and seriously mistimed ploy has all the markings of an organisation desperate to get any sort of revenue back.
    The people calling the shots here are still struggling to get their head around their audience.

It's not a good look.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Current poll on @CharltonFanAdvisor on Twitter:

Cynical rip-off             71%
    Savvy revenue raiser   29%

547 votes.
  • Options
    Current poll on @CharltonFanAdvisor on Twitter:

Cynical rip-off             71%
    Savvy revenue raiser   29%

547 votes.
    I’m not on Twitter but if I was count me on the Cynical Rip Off
  • Options

Maybe look into doing a Charlton Life poll on it?

Great fun they are and creates a little suspense for the CL community n all

• Options
    Clarky said:
    shirty5 said:

This.

Has anybody said this can't be done now?
    No 
  • Options
    Well if it can still be done at the players entrance, is it not a bit of a piss take charging? In the same way it was when Del Boy re-bottled tap water

Spose it saves the hassle, but why not sell the standard shirt at it's rrp, with the option to have the players sign it for a small  "admin fee"? A bit like having names and numbers printed on the backs
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Gribbo said:
    Well if it can still be done at the players entrance, is it not a bit of a piss take charging? In the same way it was when Del Boy re-bottled tap water

Spose it saves the hassle, but why not sell the standard shirt at it's rrp, with the option to have the players sign it for a small  "admin fee"? A bit like having names and numbers printed on the backs
    The standard shirt is £50, signed is £150.... its literally what you've just described. 

Queue up and get it signed for free if you want one, I presume you actually do want a signed shirt ?
  • Options
    I don't think £100 extra is a small admin fee... Signatures don't really add much value, especially league one players. Probably 20, 30 quid at a push more than the rrp. If some people are happy to pay it then it's all good but I think it prices most people out. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    shine166 said:
    Gribbo said:

The standard shirt is £50, signed is £150.... its literally what you've just described. 

Queue up and get it signed for free if you want one, I presume you actually do want a signed shirt ?
    £100 admin fee? I was meaning more 20 or 30 quid.

F*** me, remind me not to ever share a cab with you.

;)
  • Options
    Talal said:
    I don't think £100 extra is a small admin fee... Signatures don't really add much value, especially league one players. Probably 20, 30 quid at a push more than the rrp. If some people are happy to pay it then it's all good but I think it prices most people out. 
    Yeah, sorry just read this. 

Great minds and all that