Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Arter

Comments

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Looking an expensive romantic mistake. 

FAR too early to say this. He has had a couple of good games and a couple of bad ones and he’s not been fully fit. If he ups his level like the rest of the squad have done in the last couple of games he could make mincemeat of this league. 

Only problem for him is that Dobson has been superb in the last couple of games. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    ct_addick said:
    Never seen or played Football Manager so completely fooled me.....have you ever used a rotary phone ? lol
    No but I’ve used a rotary washing line, same principal I presume. Two tin cans and length of string any good? 😉
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    So , is he training again or is he injured for the season ?
    What's wrong with Adam Matthews now? Purrington was fine at the weekend 
    That picture is a screenshot from the Football manager game. 
    Love how many don't get it 
    Why ? 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    To be fair, I would say very few over 45’s play the game. A few older may understand if they have teenage kids who play it. 

At least I now know to get the editor, sign unrealistic real life targets and post the screen shot on here during the next window. 
    I haven’t played the game since it was ‘Championship’ manager about 20 years ago and I could tell. Apart from anything else, where do people even think something like that would come from? Jacko received it, screenshot it and put it on Twitter for bants? I honestly don’t know what planet some of our fans live on.
  • Options
    To be fair if you've never played Football Manager i can see why you'd be confused and believe the screenshot.

A couple of tell-tale clues in there that it isn't real life though. 

1. Top left of it says our next game is Wigan (H) in 4 days.
    2. It says Arter has played 3 games and scored 1 goal for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    To be fair, I would say very few over 45’s play the game. A few older may understand if they have teenage kids who play it. 

At least I now know to get the editor, sign unrealistic real life targets and post the screen shot on here during the next window. 
    I haven’t played the game since it was ‘Championship’ manager about 20 years ago and I could tell. Apart from anything else, where do people even think something like that would come from? Jacko received it, screenshot it and put it on Twitter for bants? I honestly don’t know what planet some of our fans live on.
    Well done you. Can I have an address to send your medal?

why would someone in their 69’s or 70’s understand it?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Well done you. Can I have an address to send your medal?

why would someone in their 69’s or 70’s understand it?
    Good banter.

Ok, apart from the reasons already mentioned, how about this - just look at the language it’s written in. It’s ridiculously formal and impersonal. How could anyone think that that’s how internal club staff would communicate with each other?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    May I just say that as an old git I took one look at a photograph of a computer screen and filed it under bollocks.
    I hope it doesn’t have a web cam built in
  • Options
    I don't think he can or has the legs for it, but LWB is an area we need a backup if Purrington has more than a niggle.
  • Options
    Forgot he was with us to be honest, hopefully we can send him back in January. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reckon he will be return back to Forest the moment the transfer window reopens. My understanding is that we are paying a healthy percentage of his wages and won’t continue paying that when window reopens.
  • Options
    Without wishing to be wise after the event but this signing didn’t sit quite right with me at the time. There was a stench of busted flush and desperation for a marquee signing about it all. No offence to Harry who was a great player but this needs to be ended ASAP for the benefit of both parties. 
  • Options
    He'll definitely go back, and we'll use his place in the squad for a young loan striker, I'd imagine
  • Options
    There was so much talk about it. He watched us from the stands one game before signing. Hardly seen him there since.
  • Options
    Yesterday was exactly the sort of physical game that you'd want Arter to be in the team or squad for; that he wasn't suggests Jacko has given up on him
  • Options
    I was worried about this signing from the start especially after reading this in the Nottingham Forest news

Arter has fallen behind Ryan Yates, Jack Colback, Cafu, James Garner and even youngster Tyrese Fornah in the pecking order. With that in mind, letting him head out on loan makes perfect sense.

The only negative to this deal is that it’s not permanent. Forest will however, be able to offload a percentage of his wages to Charlton once the deal goes through.

Nigel Adkins must be aware of what he is getting himself in for.  Arter has looked way past his best whenever he’s pulled on a Forest shirt and offloading him makes perfect sense.

Forest fans were scathing of him and he only appeared 14 times for them.  Dunno what we're paying, but he is on 38 grand a week at Forest.
  • Options
    I’m gutted for whatever reason it just hasn’t worked out so far, I don’t know what the terms of the loan agreement are and whether we’ve got him until the end of the season regardless?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Needs to return to Forest in January to free up a space in the squad. No room for both Arter and Watson in the squad.
    Not really any room for either to be honest. The way we play, if Dobson is out for any length of time Watson can't fill his role for 90 minutes, let alone twice a week. He's clearly important in training and at pitchside so he can see out his playing contract with us and then hopefully transition over to the coaching staff, but if we lose Arter we need to replace him
  • Options
    We need back up to Dobson and to Lee/Gilbey so I'd agree.
  • Options
    Was never going to work out and didn't understand why we even took a punt on him in the summer. Over the hill.