Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eating Out in Beckenham

Comments

• Options
    Can recommend Lautrecs near the station..........or am I a few years out of date on that one 😉
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Beckenham is the most Palace suburb in SE London, wouldn't feel right eating there!
    I'm trying to impress a bird and she lives in Beckenham. I was thinking if it was closer to her house, there's more chance she'll, actually don't worry.
    Fair play mate, we can give you a special dispensation under those circumstances.
  • Options
    Beckenham is the most Palace suburb in SE London, wouldn't feel right eating there!
    Yep , 25 years or so ago  played for Beckenham Royals with couple of work associates, both palace as were a number of other players 
  • Options
    Can recommend Lautrecs near the station..........or am I a few years out of date on that one 😉
    It's called Langtrys now.
  • Options
    Hisar Meze bar is great. Cozy atmosphere, too
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    What was the name of that little Spanish place that used to be just off the high St by the Church? Used to like it in there.
  • Options
    That's annoying me, I celebrated my fiftieth in there, mind you it was 15 years ago.

It became Chom Chom and lately Chokha, hope that jogs someones memory.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Thanks for all your advice. I'll give a Friday afternoon update after the date.
  • Options
    Lived in Beckenham for 10 years, now in West Wickham.
    I'd have to disagree about Pierluigis.
    I'd say it's amongst the most overrated restaurants I've been to.
    Ordinary food at extraordinary prices.
    Nice staff and decor though, which might make you feel like you're actually in a decent restaurant.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice staff and decor though, which might make you feel like you're actually in a decent restaurant.

What restaurants do you go to in west Wickham mid life?
  • Options
    Ardec in the middle of the high street.  Used to be the gentleman's clothes shop but was recently bought and turned into a Lebanese restaurant using all the old fixtures and fittings.  Has been getting excellent reviews since it opened.

• Options
    edited November 2021

Unbelievable comment…..Piereluigis is probably one of the biggest attended restaurants outside of The West End…..has some astonishing figures for the number of meals they serve up every day of the week, which I once saw in writing somewhere a while back.
    Weekly, It goes into the thousands!
    They also serve up an extensive lunch menu which sees the restaurant normally packed.
    You should make a point of booking as you are likely to have to wait for a table to become available.
    You say it’s expensive…..really! Ok, it isn’t cheap but certainly not OTT.
    You can watch the cooks at work, they go spectacularly flat out and many of them have been there for yonks.
    So, thousands of customers a week would suggest you are way off beam with your most surprising and unfounded comments! 
    It’s the most popular restaurant in the Borough, not just in Beckenham.
    One of my favourite restaurants, which I often confidently recommend to people.😕
  • Options

Unbelievable comment…..Piereluigis is probably one of the biggest attended restaurants outside of The West End…..has some astonishing figures for the number of meals they serve up every day of the week, which I once saw in writing somewhere a while back.
    They also serve up an extensive lunch menu which sees the restaurant normally packed.
    You should make a point of booking as you are likely to have to wait for a table to become available.
    You can watch the cooks at work, they go spectacularly flat out and many of them have been there for yonks.
    So, thousands of customers a week would suggest you are way off beam with your most surprising and unfounded comments! 
    One of my favourite restaurants, which I often confidently recommend to people.😕
    18th out of 88 on Trip Advisor so not the most popular in Beckenham let alone the Borough. Not my favourite but obviously yours.  We are all entitled to our opinions  and i happen to agree with mid-life-crisis in this case.
  • Options
    Mrs Jonniesta and I had our first date in Dizzy's Diner 23 years ago and it's still going strong. They must be doing something right... though from memory it was the cocktails rather than the food...
  • Options
    edited November 2021

18th out of 88 on Trip Advisor so not the most popular in Beckenham let alone the Borough. Not my favourite but obviously yours.  We are all entitled to our opinions  and i happen to agree with mid-life-crisis in this case.
    Ok then…..tell me a restaurant that serves more customers….not what fing Tripadviser says.
    I ask you to tell me one ANYWHERE in the Borough and as for Beckenham come on then….tell me a restaurant that comes even close.
    The official figures, which I distinctly remember reading a few years back, showed a very different system of bonafide accounting and accountability than Tripadvisor!
    I am not talking about McDonalds or Burger King etc…..I’m talking about established independent restaurants.
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Mrs Jonniesta and I had our first date in Dizzy's Diner 23 years ago and it's still going strong. They must be doing something right... though from memory it was the cocktails rather than the food...

Hate to break it to you, but they closed down last year during covid and never reopened.
  • Options

Only an opinion pal.
    I think the place is vastly overrated.
    If others disagree, fine.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Only a couple really.
    Diwana is a decent curry house. Friendly if slightly chaotic service, but the food is always good.
    Marmaris is an unpretentious Turkish restaurant, better standard than Hisar in the High St.
    Nice food and a well run place.
    You?

• Options

Only an opinion pal.
    I think the place is vastly overrated.
    If others disagree, fine.
    👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ok then…..tell me a restaurant that serves more customers….not what fing Tripadviser says.
    I ask you to tell me one ANYWHERE in the Borough and as for Beckenham come on then….tell me a restaurant that comes even close.
    The official figures, which I distinctly remember reading a few years back, showed a very different system of bonafide accounting and accountability than Tripadvisor!
    I am not talking about McDonalds or Burger King etc…..I’m talking about established independent restaurants.
    Why the anger?  Bodies through the door doesn't make it the best restaurant, in my opinion.  It's overpriced compared to any other in the Borough, in my opinion. If you like it, fine.. i don't think it's worth the money . Am i not allowed an opinion?.  Trip Advisor is not perfect but represents peoples views. . Now go to bed and enjoy the result tonight, something that we can both agree on. Probably!
  • Options

Why the anger?  Bodies through the door doesn't make it the best restaurant, in my opinion.  It's overpriced compared to any other in the Borough, in my opinion. If you like it, fine.. i don't think it's worth the money . Am i not allowed an opinion?.  Trip Advisor is not perfect but represents peoples views. . Now go to bed and enjoy the result tonight, something that we can both agree on. Probably!
    I just hope Poplcon gets a result after all of this...
  • Options

Oh I’m not angry BG.
    From time to time I do get a bit carried away with my loyalty for certain issues and can over do it.
    Daft really as I know I’m doing it but seem unable to contain myself.🙄🙄🙄
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    You got a shag I take it.
  • Options

Oh I’m not angry BG.
    From time to time I do get a bit carried away with my loyalty for certain issues and can over do it.
    Daft really as I know I’m doing it but seem unable to contain myself.🙄🙄🙄
    Think of the ticker mate o:)
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Only a couple really.
    Diwana is a decent curry house. Friendly if slightly chaotic service, but the food is always good.
    Marmaris is an unpretentious Turkish restaurant, better standard than Hisar in the High St.
    Nice food and a well run place.
    You?

We go to Harpers a couple of times a month.
    Tbh I dont really do restaurants much , it might be me being miserable and tight but paying £8 a pint in most restaurants doesn't do it for me.
    Looking at some of the menus of the restaurants that have been mentioned  you need to take out a 2nd mortgage to spend a night in some of them.
    Dont really do Indian but get our Chinese from H2O
  • Options
    I keep reading the title of this thread as "Eating out Beckham". Slim pickings from Victoria I'd have thought...

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    Thanks for all your advice. I'll give a Friday afternoon update after the date.
    Well Poplcon? Some of us haven't slept waiting for this you know. Others found it more divisive than brexit. ..Even Rock on Tommy  is praying for a dirty sheet win 🎸 
  • Options
    addix said:
    Jonniesta said:

Hate to break it to you, but they closed down last year during covid and never reopened.
    That's a kick in the teeth. I'll have to work out somewhere else to take her for our 2nd date, then...
  • Options
    Thought I'd give this a bump.  We went to the opening night of Paloma in Beckenham on Thursday.  Latin-American style.  Buzzing atmosphere, really nice food.

Reasonably priced - £135 (inc service charge) for a cocktail, 2 pints, 2 starters and a main of rib-eye steak with potato bravas and two sides of broccoli and spinach.

Worth a visit if you want to try something different.  They told us they were running a reduced menu for the first couple of weeks while they get the kitchen up to speed but they were pretty good.