Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nuno is a goner at Spurs after 4 months

124»

Comments

• Options
    England were about to build a team around him. Just strange. 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Dele's a strange one.  We've discussed this a few times on here havent we?  He played his best football as a secondary forward in behind Kane, almost like a false 9.  His workrate was his biggest asset.  He cant play centre mid, he cant play wide midfield.  He's like a 10 but he doesnt have the ability of a 10.  Eriksen was a proper 10.  So was Modric, Hoddle... Dele just hasnt got that in his locker.

But, the key was that first big contract.  When he first broke into the side, he was a breath of fresh air.  Then he had that big season of something like 20 goals and Levy threw the big money at him.  That was when he stopped working for the team.  I lose track of the seasons now.  I think he got the big deal at the end of 16/17 and that started the decline.  He stopped the work rate, he stopped pressing, Spurs stopped pressing and we've never hit the same heights since.  He seems much more interested in his life outside of football.  Sad to see really.  He had some bloody talent but he's wasting it.  He reminds me of David Bentley.  He could and probably should have been the next David Beckham with a wand of a right foot but lost his way.  Funny how Tottenham have a habit of ruining players lol... 
    Alli signed a 6 year deal in 2018. So even at the end of this season, Spurs still have 3 more years paying him 100k a week.