Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton fans in strange places….

Comments

• Options
    Not Charlton fans but I’m up in London today and I’ve seen Johnnie Jackson having his lunch - it was sushi - and Dean Keily - He was in TK Maxx with his missus 

it’s a slow news day so you’re welcome 
  • Options
    There's a weird one who supports Charlton AND West Ham?

• Options
    that belongs in the westham flags in strange places thread 
  • Options
    A variation on the theme! A couple of weeks ago, I was firing steam engines on the Bala Lake Railway in Wales (a very Charlton hobby). As we pulled into the main station at Llanuwchllyn, someone walked past in a yellow Charlton top. I finally tracked him down during a break and greeted him as a fellow sufferer. Turned out he lived in the village there and his daughter worked in the railway café but he wasn't a Charlton supporter at all! His team was Everton; he bought the Charlton top simply because he had see it for sale cheaply...

I’m sorry but WTAF?
    I would never wear another football teams shirt, even if it were given away for free.
    Weirdo 😳
    Probably embarrassed to admit it !
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

What’s that from ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

What’s that from ? 
    The Boys on Prime
  • Options
    Just seen a bloke cycle past me
    in Lanzarote,
    proudly wearing Charlton top 
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    Currently sitting in a British themed bar near Fontainebleau in France. The staff are slightly bemused at me trying to explain my connection in pigeon French…
    Maybe you should try English?
    Try "jag följa Charlton också".  That'll work.
  • Options
    Saw a plaque on a house driving back from Cornwall on Friday “Charlton Athletic FC’ 
    Pipers Pool area it was 
  • Options
    There's a black Corsa parks down my road in Redhill, during the day, with a Charlton sticker in the rear window
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

What’s that from ? 
    The Boys.
  • Options
    Saw a plaque on a house driving back from Cornwall on Friday “Charlton Athletic FC’ 
    Pipers Pool area it was 
    I posted about this a while ago and asked if it was someone on here, got no takers.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    I'm over in Zante atm and I've met 2 different families at different times 👀
    Did you meet any Charlton over there though?
    😂🤣🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More details needed !!!

why has he suddenly started supporting us this season, and did you give him the heads up about Charltonlife? 
  • Options
    Charlton fans in strange places - I was up a ladder on Sunday. Does that count?
  • Options
    addickson said:
    Just bumped into a fellow addick, Charlie, in Dumbarton Library. We were at a talk by Daniel Gray, as part of Dumbarton FC’s 150th anniversary celebrations. Dumbarton are the closest (at least by road/rail) team to Charlie (right of pic) and he has started following us this season. Small world!!

Not been up since 2015 to see the brother and family.  What I will do when i get there is take in a game.  Used to be my one hiding place from the insanity of my bros place in Rosneath when i lived there in 2013. Up the Sons of the Rock!
  • Options
    addickson said:
    Just bumped into a fellow addick, Charlie, in Dumbarton Library. We were at a talk by Daniel Gray, as part of Dumbarton FC’s 150th anniversary celebrations. Dumbarton are the closest (at least by road/rail) team to Charlie (right of pic) and he has started following us this season. Small world!!

Not been up since 2015 to see the brother and family.  What I will do when i get there is take in a game.  Used to be my one hiding place from the insanity of my bros place in Rosneath when i lived there in 2013. Up the Sons of the Rock!
    So there are three Dumbarton Addicks?? How weird is that?!
  • Options
    addickson said:

That there are three Dumbarton fans at all is the strangest part!
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    addickson said:

This is the author Charlie Connelly, he wrote a couple of books about Charlton in the early noughties but then went all weird and started writing about the shipping forecast. 
    Used to be big on Glyns email list but then had some flatulence issues and left…
    I’d imagine he reads this site even if he won’t admit to it, find him on tw@tter @charlieconnelly
  • Options
    addickson said:
    MrOneLung said:
    More details needed !!!

why has he suddenly started supporting us this season, and did you give him the heads up about Charltonlife? 
    Oops, by “us” I mean Dumbarton!
    Thank goodness for that, I was thinking when he wrote articles for us in Goodbye Horse twenty-five years ago, he wasn't really a Charlton fan...  :D  
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    addickson said:

This is the author Charlie Connelly, he wrote a couple of books about Charlton in the early noughties but then went all weird and started writing about the shipping forecast. 
    Used to be big on Glyns email list but then had some flatulence issues and left…
    I’d imagine he reads this site even if he won’t admit to it, find him on tw@tter @charlieconnelly
    Weird coat mind, looks like someone behind him has slipped his arms round him.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    addickson said:

That there are three Dumbarton fans at all is the strangest part!
    May get some half and half scarves made and make a fortune.

Oh hold on just read there's only three of them.