Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• edited December 2021
    I agree it’s mental that Sandgaard is talking about this openly on LinkedIn. Especially when it’s likely not the whole truth and it’s being used to control a narrative.
  • I agree it’s mental that Sandgaard is talking about this openly on LinkedIn. Especially when it’s likely not the whole truth and it’s being used to to control a narrative.

Maybe TS doesn't want JJ, maybe he doesn't like JJ - if that's the case then shifting the blame to JJ would be a narrative he would want to control.
  • Rightly or wrongly Jackson can't expect parity with what Adkins, or Bowyer at the end, were in.

Sorry its just the way of the world. 
  • Let's contact the Owner for transparency, then when he provides it....absolutely cack your pants as can't handle hearing what you did not want.
  • Isn't this normal negotiations for a high profile job? Owner and manager discuss the role, come to broad agreement, owner says he'll get the contract drawn up, manager gets that contract checked out by his representatives who raises any concern/clarifications/etc
  • edited December 2021
    aliwibble said:
    Nostradamus:

As Winter gathers, a great man from Camden will appear to give salvation and hope to many who have suffered greatly in a green valley where mist will visit from near by River. He will be appointed the special one to lead a disparate bunch of journeymen to great acclaim from masses of wretches, soiled with grime in every pore and who blasphemy rules ok.
    There will be music and gaiety to replace despair and darkness. Light will shine on this man who will be know as JJ, the king of the valley.
    A contest will take place, where leather is put in a net, and jumping from a tunnel will take place. 

This crowning will happen on a Mardi gras on the 14th day of the last month,  2021 years after the boy Jesus  and the mob will rejoice that a man from the east who went West to seek his fortune will in 2021 deliver this news that he, Thomas a traveling medical man  will give his word that JJ will deliver good fortune to the destitute. A Miracle that a man who's legs had gone, will lead the long march to the land of milk and Honey.
    Thanks Sam, that's the kind of gloriously bonkers content that I like to see. If it turns out that he has actually signed today, it may even be promote worthy :)

Thanks @aliwibble It took some finding as Nostradamus wrote 942 predictions (not a lot of people know that)
    Could you have a word with AFKA if JJ gets the job full time tomorrow because surely a window of 48 hours isn't unreasonable considering Nostradamus gave this prediction 470 years ago !

Henry Irving would gladly donate one of his Promote's as I'm sure I heard him say once,
    "it is better to give than to receive." o:)
  • Isn't this normal negotiations for a high profile job? Owner and manager discuss the role, come to broad agreement, owner says he'll get the contract drawn up, manager gets that contract checked out by his representatives who raises any concern/clarifications/etc
    High profile ? Maybe to us but league one manager when they are regularly binned !!
    This is another Charlton shambles … one to another to another 
  • aliwibble said:
    Nostradamus:

As Winter gathers, a great man from Camden will appear to give salvation and hope to many who have suffered greatly in a green valley where mist will visit from near by River. He will be appointed the special one to lead a disparate bunch of journeymen to great acclaim from masses of wretches, soiled with grime in every pore and who blasphemy rules ok.
    There will be music and gaiety to replace despair and darkness. Light will shine on this man who will be know as JJ, the king of the valley.
    A contest will take place, where leather is put in a net, and jumping from a tunnel will take place. 

This crowning will happen on a Mardi gras on the 14th day of the last month,  2021 years after the boy Jesus  and the mob will rejoice that a man from the east who went West to seek his fortune will in 2021 deliver this news that he, Thomas a traveling medical man  will give his word that JJ will deliver good fortune to the destitute. A Miracle that a man who's legs had gone, will lead the long march to the land of milk and Honey.
    Thanks Sam, that's the kind of gloriously bonkers content that I like to see. If it turns out that he has actually signed today, it may even be promote worthy :)

Thanks @aliwibble It took some finding as Nostradamus wrote 942 predictions (not a lot of people know that)
    Could you have a word with AFKA if JJ gets the job full time tomorrow because surely a window of 48 hours isn't unreasonable considering Nostradamus gave this prediction 470 years ago !

Henry Irving would gladly donate one of his Promote's as I'm sure I heard him say once,
    You can have them, they'll just be stolen anyway
  • Dazzler21 said:
    P.s this is what I was sent by someone that regularly is in contact with Thomas (hence the heavy bias towards TS comment)

That can't be real. How unprofessional if true. 
  • Sponsored links:

• while I agree that when it comes to the relationship with their agent, Jacko will be far more confident and assertive than, well let’s say, Conor Gallagher at the time he was inexplicably removed from us ;) , nobody should underestimate how much naked rampant greed and manipulative instincts are in the DNA of agents. 

And if that turns out to be a bit unfair on Jacko’s agent: Too bad. Go and find a journalist to help explain all the selfless good work you do. 
    My point is that Jacko is responsible for his agent. End of story.
    Sorry Airman, your post crossed mine. I was commenting on earlier posts. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    P.s this is what I was sent by someone that regularly is in contact with Thomas (hence the heavy bias towards TS comment)

Well, where is it taken from? If from Linked In then it was a private dialogue….
  • JJ's agent knows he has an impossibly strong position with the fans clamouring for his appointment, and is trying to use that to get more money out of Sandgaard. That's the nature of agents - to negotiate the best possible deal for JJ, but does it make it right? I suppose that's business, but I can understand how it wouldn't sit right with TS and I would also be frustrated in his shoes. Should TS pay whatever it takes? No. Because TS also knows that JJ wants the Charlton job. So it looks like this will go on for a few more days yet.
  • while I agree that when it comes to the relationship with their agent, Jacko will be far more confident and assertive than, well let’s say, Conor Gallagher at the time he was inexplicably removed from us ;) , nobody should underestimate how much naked rampant greed and manipulative instincts are in the DNA of agents. 

And if that turns out to be a bit unfair on Jacko’s agent: Too bad. Go and find a journalist to help explain all the selfless good work you do. 
    You keep going back to Gallagher as an example of a greedy, manipulative agent but Gallen has said we could have kept him.

Remember, Southall was in charge at the time.
    When did Gallen say we could have kept him? Was under the impression Chelsea recalled him and there was nothing we could do. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Well, where is it taken from? If from Linked In then it was a private dialogue….
    Well maybe stop quoting it if it's an issue.
  • JJ's agent knows he has an impossibly strong position with the fans clamouring for his appointment, and is trying to use that to get more money out of Sandgaard. That's the nature of agents - to negotiate the best possible deal for JJ, but does it make it right? I suppose that's business, but I can understand how it wouldn't sit right with TS and I would also be frustrated in his shoes. Should TS pay whatever it takes? No. Because TS also knows that JJ wants the Charlton job. So it looks like this will go on for a few more days yet.
    Or the agent is doing his job and getting JJ the best possible deal. Especially if TS has offered a contract at half of what Adkins was earning and much less time.

Maybe it’s JJ who right to feel aggrieved. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    while I agree that when it comes to the relationship with their agent, Jacko will be far more confident and assertive than, well let’s say, Conor Gallagher at the time he was inexplicably removed from us ;) , nobody should underestimate how much naked rampant greed and manipulative instincts are in the DNA of agents. 

You keep going back to Gallagher as an example of a greedy, manipulative agent but Gallen has said we could have kept him.

When did Gallen say we could have kept him? Was under the impression Chelsea recalled him and there was nothing we could do. 
    I’m sure that the issue with Conor was that Swansea were prepared to pay a loan fee which we could have matched… but didn’t.

Becuass as we came to learn ESI were broke & crooked.
  • Maccn05 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    while I agree that when it comes to the relationship with their agent, Jacko will be far more confident and assertive than, well let’s say, Conor Gallagher at the time he was inexplicably removed from us ;) , nobody should underestimate how much naked rampant greed and manipulative instincts are in the DNA of agents. 

I’m sure that the issue with Conor was that Swansea were prepared to pay a loan fee which we could have matched… but didn’t.

Becuass as we came to learn ESI were broke & crooked.
    I think it was just ESI weren’t able to keep paying his loan, rather than an increased offer from Swansea. 

• I understand that when Bowyer agreed his £450k a year deal -Ian Harte ( his agent) demanded £100k which was what prompted Roland to say that the deal was off before Bowyer woke up 
    Sounds like something similar here 
    if you were Thomas and it was your money what would you do ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2021
    Talk about gossip !
    Why are you presenting idle gossip as facts Albury addick ?
  • I’ve no idea about JJ and Thomas that’s just speculation but I’m pretty certain about the Bowyer info 
  • Talk about gossip !
    Why are you presenting idle gossip as facts Albury addick ?
    “I understand” doesn’t seem to be presenting anything as fact. 
  • I have to say the longer this rumbles on, the less convinced I am about the whole situation. I really don't want to be a bed wetter but I'm starting to get the kind of feeling we may not get the outcome most of us want or expect should I say  :(
  • edited December 2021
    F***ing Charlton.

Why can't we just have a relatively normal owner.

I thought the days of 'that message can't be real, surely' were gone after the likes of  T. Nimer etc.

As someone says above, CAFC - always poised to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!
  • Chunes said:
    The agent has got Thomas over a barrel here. He knows that the fans would go absolutely apeshit if Jacko was not installed as manager and so does Thomas. Jacko has proved himself on the field and now has the best winrate of any CAFC manager ever (after ten games) and there's all sorts of names popping up in the press saying he should get the job (of their own accord? I don't think so). The agent has all the leverage in this negotiation, Thomas has practically none, unless he wishes to make himself hugely unpopular and tip the applecart when it's only just got back on track.  
    True but if it came out that a deal was agreed between TS and JJ and then the agent suddenly demanded extra on top for himself then that doesn't reflect well on Jackson.

There would no doubt be some fans saying TS should just pay it to get the deal done and some would say JJ should tell his agent to fuck off.
  • All the positivity that has had a superb impact on the team will quickly evaporate if the players start to get the impression that Jackson won't get the job.
    This needs to be sorted going into the notoriously busy festive period
  • J BLOCK said:

Bromley Addicks meeting.

We could have paid the required fee but Southall and Amis had other priorities IE themselves
  • edited December 2021
    aliwibble said:
    Nostradamus:

Well if it doesn't happen for another 12 or 13 days you can always try claiming he was OBVIOUSLY using the Julian calendar rather than the Gregorian one, and that's why the dates were out.