Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• edited November 2021
    What an absolute leader and legend: 

https://youtu.be/aAP9AI65kDk

Lengthy Sky interview with Jacko and tour of the training ground. 
  • edited November 2021
    i think he is lead contender for it but all the time we are playing the way we are then why not - there is 0 point for the flashy big signing of the contract and it derails what we are doing - i expect us to win tonight we turned over Plymouth pretty easily tbh - for me i would let him have it until xmas and see how we are doing. there is no rush for us to sign him up and no one is going to come in for him after a few games. 

adkins a lot were happy to give him a few games to turn it around whats wrong with jj doing 10 games and see how we are after that. 

as for harris - dont want him the milwall cnut 
  • Valley11 said:

This is a brilliant interview/insight.

I just can't see how he won't be given the job. I'm hoping there is plenty of discussion going on behind the scenes between TS and JJ one-on-one. No other voices and they come to an agreement.
  • edited November 2021
    Just throwing my hat into the ring here.
    Two things that just might have some relevance to Sandgaards mindset at present.
    Firstly, for example the Plymouth manager stated that our players are playing very much for Jacko right now as they all want him to be given the job permanently. Maybe Sandgaard wants to keep that situation in place and is nervous to disrupt the current dressing room atmosphere and success.
    Secondly, he wants to have a few candidates in place just in case Jacko gets an offer he can’t refuse somewhere down the line. Dare I say it, but there might already be some interest from elsewhere and Sandgaard is aware of it?
    Not saying for one moment that either of these possibilities are the case but something to think about I suppose.
    Having said that, I just wish he’d get a contract drawn up, agreed and signed ASAP……it’s making me and many others a bit unnecessarily nervous.
  • edited November 2021
    Maybe Thomas is playing games with us, and he has already signed Jacko up on the QT, but wants the momentum to continue.....wake me up gently from my daydream...... :(
  • WSS said:
    Valley11 said:

This is a brilliant interview/insight.

I just can't see how he won't be given the job. I'm hoping there is plenty of discussion going on behind the scenes between TS and JJ one-on-one. No other voices and they come to an agreement.
    Good wasn’t it @WSS
    I wonder which player wasn’t quite pulling his weight in training? 
  • Excellent interview 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2021
    A horse called Betterask JJ just won at Punchestown. 33-1. Bugger.

According to @Mendonca In Asdas today is the 33rd day !
    It's a sign I tell you. The Messiah has arrived.

How did Betterask JJ have the legs to win  o:)
  • A horse called Betterask JJ just won at Punchestown. 33-1. Bugger.

According to @Mendonca In Asdas today is the 33rd day !
    It's a sign I tell you. The Messiah has arrived.

How did Betterask JJ have the legs to win  o:)
    I would have backed it but was told his legs had gone.
  • A horse called Betterask JJ just won at Punchestown. 33-1. Bugger.
    Curbs 6-1?
  • edited November 2021
    thenewbie said:
    No wonder there’s ‘internal resistance’ from Ged Roddy when his son isn’t in the match day squad anymore
    What internal resistance? Have I missed something?
    Airman Brown said:

"On the football front, I knew about Hasselbaink, reports of internal resistance to Jackson and Martin Sandgaard at the beginning of last week. I took a decision not to reference any of them in the new VOTV because I thought they would just fuel conspiracy theory without having the substance to say what they mean."

Direct quote from another thread. Emphasis mine however. 

Keohane coz the stadium will be busier and more work and Roddy coz Jacko’s pissed all over his ‘system and TS coz jacko looks like a film star and plays the guitar and it’s unsettling Raylene 
  • edited November 2021
    GOD THOMAS :s ....ffs just get on with this and give Jacko the deal he deserves...14 from 18 points, P6.W4.D2.L0..bloody hell man it's like pulling teeth...what's the guy got to do to actually get appreciated and given the job full time... B)
  • Sponsored links:

• There will be a Charlton riot if JJ doesn’t get the job! 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Heard a bit of football side restructuring info today which I think will be welcomed by most - not sure if I can reveal it yet but one of our  pantomime villains looks like he could be slipping down the hierarchy and rightly so 
    Pantomime villains, wonder who is set to play widow Twankey!

Even if Pep was appointed ?

Could Pep manage a team to victory on a cold rainy night in Morecambe?
  • Could Pep get Gunts performing?
  • Could Pep get Gunts performing?
    With a guitar maybe!
  • DOUCHER said:
    Heard a bit of football side restructuring info today which I think will be welcomed by most - not sure if I can reveal it yet but one of our  pantomime villains looks like he could be slipping down the hierarchy and rightly so 
    Oooh ! Sounds interesting.

What could we do to turn your " not sure if I can reveal it yet" into " well, it's ****" ? 

I can think of 2 possible candidates .....

Why are you so pro-Adkins and anti-JJ?
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    There will be a Charlton riot if JJ doesn’t get the job! 

Ronnie is Nigel!!
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    There will be a Charlton riot if JJ doesn’t get the job! 

Ronnie is Nigel!!
    Wouldn't surprise me