Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• J BLOCK said:
    Ipswich is the clincher, win that and he should be given it. 
    Should be given it if he loses.
    Agreed should not be based on a single game! Jacko has done enough now.

We now need a manager working with his backroom staff, Gallen to identify targets for January.
  • I suspect TS may also be assessing/watching/considering how JJ manages the off field stuff and his interaction with the wider demands of the football club. In other words what we don’t directly see. This whilst TS assures himself there isn’t a better candidate. 

I am sure he is also passing that test with flying colours. 
  • edited December 2021
    Jackson and Gallen with input from Euell about the network of players, coaches, scouts and agents they know up and down the Country needed to start before now so information can be garnered about the couple of players incoming and a few outgoing in January. Middle of December when JJ and his agent can get clarity on his wage package and he must be the manager and not just head coach. JJ decides the formation not some template laid down by a cabal of coaches who think *3-4-3 is in fashion so we must play that way.

Having seen the "committee comments" from Steve and Ged, I believe JJ will want more of a say than Nigel had. The only committee should be JJ, Steve and Jason and Ged chats to Thomas about the budget and hopefully we can attract more 1st choices than 5th.

I never thought we had a bad window last time other than disappointed we could not replace Aneke( tough TBF) and we needed a LB sooner as young Roddy still looked only an U23 player at best. (He is only 18)

Pleased I banged on about Stockley having a partner and it's good that Washington is being given that opportunity in a 2 which looked obvious to me and JJ and a few others on CL. Many disagreed and I was told Adkins knew better than me as he had spent decades in pro football and mine was in grass roots football. The freak 6-0 win at Plymouth when Ryan Lowe dropped a clanger (where he made a poor tactical switch) wasn't the way forward for Cafc.

* Other formations are available. 

• I thought JJ came over very well last night in the pre & post interviews. Articulate and fair in his assessment of the game and strong in his belief before the game.

My concerns have evaporated I think he has done enough already to get the job. He now needs to be backed by the owner and given time to plan the January window with bigger say in player recruitment than it seemed Adkins got.  
  • Jacko HAS to be the one, can't see what more he has to prove, just get it done, we are 4 weeks and a hectic schedule away from the Jan window opening, no time for a new man to come in and achieve what is needed, let's hope Thomas and his ego don't cock this all up wanting the big name, really can't get the delay otherwise, hope I am wrong but...
  • Give him the job! Please !!!!
    His interview after the game was perfect ( recommend giving 3 mins of your day to it )
    Totally a proper Charlton guy, football cliches and saluted the loyal fans! Love him 
  • edited December 2021
    The atmosphere around the club must have gone up octaves since Jacko took over. Players,staff and fans alike all have a spring in their step since he took over from Adkins. This can't have gone unnoticed by TS when he was over.
    Would have to be some candidate to come in and replicate what Jacko has in such a short space of time. The fans will be on his back from day one for a start. Would be a huge gamble by TS.

Just give him the job!
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely the ‘Johnnie, oh Johnnie jackson run down the wing for me’ chant is worth 5-10 points a season alone? 
  • These days not many fans really back / chant support of their manager ! 
    We are lucky to have JJ a very nice guy to boot too ! 
  • Contracts are being discussed with Jackson representative.. think the next two weeks things will be sorted 
  • Contracts are being discussed with Jackson representative.. think the next two weeks things will be sorted 

That's it, close the thread all been sorted... B)

JJ said this last night and any other decision now would be bizarre in the extreme.
  • to be fair in the last few interviews (only when asked) he has replied with the same answer in that "I see TS quite regularly and we have had positive discussions".  Not that I have any worries about it but I do take that as "positive discussions MUST be to do with him getting the job and maybe TS is also dealing with with Jacko and his agent,  I must admit I wasn't a fan off him getting the full time job when Adkins was sacked as he was part of the problem, However, just like Bowyer he has proved me wrong, Only an idiot would not make him full time now. He is the right fit for the club,  
  • J BLOCK said:
    Ipswich is the clincher, win that and he should be given it. 
    I make you right. I think Tommy will want to feel some of the love from the fans on Saturday in his last match of his current trip.
    So the next two weeks are crucial…
  • Sponsored links:

• Must be getting closer now. 
  • It'll be announced tomorrow before kick-off and then we will proceed to lose to Ipswich and Cambridge and it'll be 4 league games without a win and the knives will already be out.
    That's how it goes isn't it?  ;)
  • Has anyone else got this horrible nagging feeling deep down that JJ won't be given the job or will refuse terms due to structure of interference/decision making by others?

I just cross my fingers that such an obviously wonderful opportunity, with all the team behind him isn't scuppered ONCE AGAIN because of ego, stubbornness and lack of knowledge.
  • edited December 2021
    boggzy said:
    Has anyone else got this horrible nagging feeling deep down that JJ won't be given the job or will refuse terms due to structure of interference/decision making by others?

I just cross my fingers that such an obviously wonderful opportunity, with all the team behind him isn't scuppered ONCE AGAIN because of ego, stubbornness and lack of knowledge.
    I don't think it will but I am supprised that there have been, are on going, negotiations.  You see the speed with which managers are normally appointed and you do have to wonder what they are negotiating about.

I can see why Thomas doesn't want to rush it.  Since he has been owner the wheels have fallen off twice.  I don't blame him if he wants answers to why and reassuring it won't happen again. 
  • Ummm….. 🤔 
  • Ridiculous if he's not given contract at 9 o'clock tomorrow morning. 

He's turned us around unbelievably.