Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• DDOUBLEE said:
    There will be a Charlton riot if JJ doesn’t get the job! 

Even if Pep was appointed ?
    Why are you so pro-Adkins and anti-JJ?
    Ronnie is a Nigel!!
    Fighting talk.
  • Could Pep get Gunts performing?
    Nothing wrong with Gunter performance.. 
    Apart from the penalty he gave away?
  • Could Pep get Gunts performing?
    Nothing wrong with Gunter performance.. 
    indeed, giving penalties away is absolutely fine. 
  • Since Gunter has come to Charlton he has been very versatile and played at RB, LB, CB, RWB, and he is a manager's dream by  volunteering.

He has also been consistent by making mistakes in every position he plays.

• Since Gunter has come to Charlton he has been very versatile and played at RB, LB, CB, RWB, and he is a manager's dream by  volunteering.

He has also been consistent by making mistakes in every position he plays.

Gunter has been about the only player who's performances have been consistent under all 3 managers in the last year. 

That's not a compliment. 
  • Putting 2 and 2 together based on comments on other threads it looks like GED’s remit is being reduced. Amirite?
  • Aww shucks!
    There was me thinking you were referring to Pinocchio's panda friend from Geppetto's toyshop!
  • Sponsored links:

• Dizzle said:
    Putting 2 and 2 together based on comments on other threads it looks like GED’s remit is being reduced. Amirite?
    Pity it’s not a certain Ops Director being reduced 
  • N01R4M said:
    Aww shucks!
    There was me thinking you were referring to Pinocchio's panda friend from Geppetto's toyshop!
    You never know your luck.....

Could be a double bubble.
  • 99.99% certain that Jacko will be offered the job, not so certain what the job is and if he would accept it if it was the same job Adkins had. 
  • edited November 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    99.99% certain that Jacko will be offered the job, not so certain what the job is and if he would accept it if it was the same job Adkins had. 

A very salient point.

Jackson is in a strong position with the majority of the fan base but it will be his first managers job so a compromise may have to be found. Agree a different way to Nigel Adkins who looked and sounded uncomfortable when discussing the "committee" selecting incoming players.

JJ will want Gallen and himself to pick players as well as Jason Euell who has a network of contacts in football.  Ged Roddy job is as a conduit with Thomas Sandgaard and JJ, Gallen and coaches. As well as Steve Avory and the academies.

Roddy's exact remit isn't crystal clear but JJ and Steve must take priority on transfers once the budget is given by Sandgaard.

• edited November 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    99.99% certain that Jacko will be offered the job, not so certain what the job is and if he would accept it if it was the same job Adkins had. 

A very salient point.

Jackson is in a strong position with the majority of the fan base but it will be his first managers job so a compromise may have to be found. Agree a different way to Nigel Adkins who looked and sounded uncomfortable when discussing the "committee" selecting incoming players.

JJ will want Gallen and himself to pick players and Ged Roddy to tell Thomas Sandgaard if the budget is there to progress.

i think Gallen will be advising TS and Jacko and him will be working more closely like LB and Gallen did    
  • After the last two games with poor performances you can see why Sandsgaard holding off making the appointment. He should give Jackson
    Another 5 to 8 games.the same number he gave Sdkins before making his decision.
  • Whatever one’s opinion before this game, it should not change anyones view on JJ. 
  • Sponsored links:

• msomerton said:
    After the last two games with poor performances you can see why Sandsgaard holding off making the appointment. He should give Jackson
    Another 5 to 8 games.the same number he gave Sdkins before making his decision.

In the Morecambe game we dominated, but two moments of poor defending cost the team the win. I have seen too many Cafc hapless performances over the years, but the Morecambe match wasn't one of those.
  • I now would give it to JJ to the end of the season and assess then. Nothing wrong with that and I am a big Jacko fan but let’s get this one right or we are stuck in League one for years ! 
  • I am sure Jackson will be offered a contract.  Sandgaard would put a new manager in a difficult position if they did not start well.