Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 27th November 2021 @ 3pm | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Hoping Storm Arwen has fully blown through before kick off. Will make it less of a lottery.
  • Options
    Hoping Storm Arwen has fully blown through before kick off. Will make it less of a lottery.
    According to BBC weather, high winds and sleet from about 22.00 tonight for 24 hours, sorry
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Fortunately (except if you live by the east coast) the worst of the weather is down the east coast so hopefully we won't get the worst of it.
    It's still gonna be fucking freezing though. :s
  • Options
    I live about 40 miles from Shrewsbury and the weather at the moment is atrocious! Wouldnt surprise me if game is called off tbh atleast for me its local so not travelling miles before finding out
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    According to BBC weather, high winds and sleet from about 22.00 tonight for 24 hours, sorry
    Typical BBC.
  • Options
    My BBC weather says strong winds and sunny intervals from 7am with a high :# of 5degrees.
  • Options
    Got no issue with Gunter at CB but if there is a bigger striker for the Salop then I would expect Famewo to be on him like a fly on shit with them rotating positions to accommodate.

Do love an away day but I am still scarred after Lincoln so hoping Jacko can sort out a win to make it a cracking day.

Love a Charlton away day as just think we really get behind the team and are proper noisy sods!

2-0 Charlton with Leko scoring on his return and Wash with the other!
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    No more Gunter at centre hslf. Shrewsbury will match their bggest striker against him and we will be undone. This is a good game to introduce Elerewe alongside Famewo.
    I might even go for a back four with Clare and Purrington as full backs. The defence is our weakpoint just now and until our CBs are fit. So
    Mac
    Clare Elerewe Famewo Purrington
    DJ Gilbey Dobson Lee
    Washington Leko

Solid defence and bags of skill going forward.

If Pearce is fit we could stick with a back three, but not otherwise.
    Yep.......that's the team I'd go for. Leko is more potent up front than Davison & Elerewe is a better centre half than Gunter. The rest pick themselves.

I think the weather will have a big bearing on this one. In 2 minds whether our unbeaten run will come to an end, but seeing as I always go for a defeat I'm sticking my neck out for a draw 

1-1.
  • Options
    Another frustrating draw.

A game ruined by the weather.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Shrewsbury is a lovely town with some great pubs and restaurants; I wish I could make it up there this weekend...

If we are going to struggle for height once more, I'd play Elerewe instead of Gunter or Clare. We also have to manage tiredness, so please don't wait too long to make the subs for DJ and Josh this match Jacko! We have good bench resources now, so use them wisely!

Finally, Salop is the old name for Shropshire, not Shrewsbury, so please use it accordingly!
    Give me strength.

Good preview FA thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Souare is fit I would go with a back three of Clair Famewo and Purrington. Souare wing back
  • Options
    Really still hate the Slop after those play off matches, horrible lot. They will be exhausted after Sunderland and we will be on it for a win. 4-0 to the Addicks!!!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    If Souare is fit I would go with a back three of Clair Famewo and Purrington. Souare wing back
    potentially good idea if you don't trust really dont trust gunter at cb. give souare a chance to prove himself or keep purrington there who's doing very well in that position. 
  • Options
    first defeat for Jacko. 

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    first defeat for Jacko. 

not a chance - 3-1 win, leko with a brace 
  • Options
    I trust Gunter more than Soare.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I live about 40 miles from Shrewsbury and the weather at the moment is atrocious! Wouldnt surprise me if game is called off tbh atleast for me its local so not travelling miles before finding out
    It's been forecast, so they should have the covers on. No real excuse in this day and age for a full professional club in the football league to have a game called off. We're not talking -10 and a localised tornado
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    MrOneLung said:
    first defeat for Jacko. 

not a chance - 3-1 win, leko with a brace 
    Oh not another long term injury
    Good one!  :D
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    2-0 win. Hoping Leko is fit to start. Would
    make 2/3 changes to freshen things up.

The Jacko revolution continues.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I see a tree on the line has cancelled many trains from Birmingham to Shrewsbury. I'm struggling to see an alternative route
  • Options
    I’d like to see Elewere in for Gunter and Leko in for Davison, although I imagine that Leko will start on the bench.

I’m expecting a gritty, physical game, with Shrewsbury throwing a lot of high balls into our box. We need to try and get the ball down and make our superior quality pay, although that may be easier said than done if conditions are difficult. A scrappy encounter may be on the cards.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Let's get back to winning ways lads. More efforts on target and keep solid.
  • Options
    I see a tree on the line has cancelled many trains from Birmingham to Shrewsbury. I'm struggling to see an alternative route
    Hopefully sorted by midday 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Now the BBC say sleet and strong winds until 13.00. No confidence in BBC
  • Options
    Would be tempted to rotate CBT and DJ to freshen it up.
    Would start Burstow for Josh for the same reason. Give Mason a run out from the off.
    Pearce in for Gunter if he’s fit.

• Options
    I trust Gunter more than Soare.
    Sorry, genuine request. Can you clarify please. Are you saying that if Purrington plays in the back three you would rather Gunter played left wing back than Soare?
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    I’d like to see Elewere in for Gunter and Leko in for Davison, although I imagine that Leko will start on the bench.

I’m expecting a gritty, physical game, with Shrewsbury throwing a lot of high balls into our box. We need to try and get the ball down and make our superior quality pay, although that may be easier said than done if conditions are difficult. A scrappy encounter may be on the cards.
    I think Davison on from the start with Leko coming on against a tired defence is a better way to go today. Can’t think Leko will be back to full fitness yet and they won’t want to overdo him straight off.
  • Options
    Not expecting to see any changes today. Jacko likes a settled team and if all fit I expect the same lineup as Tuesday. Personally I would start Deji alongside Famwoe but doubt Jacko will change anything and you could argue recent performances agree with him.

If this wind keeps up it isnt going to be pretty to watch
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Not expecting to see any changes today. Jacko likes a settled team and if all fit I expect the same lineup as Tuesday. Personally I would start Deji alongside Famwoe but doubt Jacko will change anything and you could argue recent performances agree with him.

If this wind keeps up it isnt going to be pretty to watch
    Think he’d be daft not to change it a bit today. A few players were blowing after Plymouth and now have Morecambe in their legs. Chuck in the wind and today is going to be about physicality.