Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 27th November 2021 @ 3pm | Match Preview

13»

Comments

• Options
    Is arter injured? I would bring him in in place of Dobson who I would move back to replace Gunter. It will strengthen the defence but unfortunately weaken the midfield but overall, a team without Gunter is a stronger one
  • Options
    I don't think it's Jacko's style to tinker as much as Bowyer used to and NA did this season. He's a wise man and lived through all of this, so has good learning.

Arter isn't injured. He just can't make the bench ahead of Watson and Morgan. Why then would you withdraw Dobson who has been the best performer since Doncaster to a new position for somebody who can't even make the bench.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I don't think it's Jacko's style to tinker as much as Bowyer used to and NA did this season. He's a wise man and lived through all of this, so has good learning.

Arter isn't injured. He just can't make the bench ahead of Watson and Morgan. Why then would you withdraw Dobson who has been the best performer since Doncaster to a new position for somebody who can't even make the bench.
    Because Gunter is a liability at centre back, with him being at the centre of a 3, we may aswell give Shrewsbury a 1-0 head start.
  • Options
    He does worry me but I've not seen enough in Dobson's heading ability to feel comfortable with him at CB without a real leader/talker at the back. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Will we make it ???

Heroes the lot of ya,.. lets hope we can see a return shot on the journey home with an even bigger grin and three points in the bag...have a great day lads B)
  • Options
    No trains between Birmingham and Shrewsbury. Told to head home...
  • Options
    There's always one holding a camera rather than a beer to get a picture of her hair!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    He does worry me but I've not seen enough in Dobson's heading ability to feel comfortable with him at CB without a real leader/talker at the back. 
    The problem is that all our leaders at the back are injured. Short term, we need to play players out of position. I think Dobson on defence and arter in front is stronger (slightly) than Gunter in defence and Dobson in front. Deji is another option but I don't think he is ready yet
  • Options
    Anyone know if there’s any radio commentary today ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    BBC Radio Shropshire 90.0-104.1 FM., from 3 pm
    or CATV 48 hour pass for £4..pays ya money and ya take ya choice.. B)
  • Options
    BA.uttleJR said:
    Same here! Drowning our sorrows before heading back☹️🥶to Kent
  • Options
    I'm taking a cab from Wolverhampton over now, it's £50 rather than £80 from Birmingham
  • Options
    mendonca said:

The truncated season (as a result of covid) forced Bowyer's hand I think. I don't think he was tinkering for the sake of tinkering as everyone across was rotating more in an attempt to avoid injuries. If Jackson had to play a season with a smaller break then I believe he would rotate heavily too. 

Regarding Adkins, if you're continuously losing games you're probably going to change the personnel. It'll be interesting to see if Jackson keeps his team from Morecambe
  • Options
    BA.uttleJR said:
    Same here! Drowning our sorrows before heading back☹️🥶to Kent
    Keep your tickets for delay repay.
  • Options
    What happened to Happy Valley

Prediction 0-4

I must admit I miss Happy Valley. I have not seen any of his predictions lately.

Is he gone missing?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    thanks - assume the catv is just commentary no pictures unless abroad?
  • Options
    I'm taking a cab from Wolverhampton over now, it's £50 rather than £80 from Birmingham
    Couldn't get a cab for hour
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gutted for all the Charlton fans having to return to London without getting to see the game. 
    Sometimes I hate trains 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    thanks - assume the catv is just commentary no pictures unless abroad?
    'Fraid not @DOUCHER..unless you have VPN of course..me i'm off to New York, better get a move on.. B)
  • Options
    Somehow managed to get one after 15mins, I guess I've got a friendly face
  • Options
    I'll be putting up a Match Thread in a few minutes:

Just need to write it first. :smile:

• Options
    I really feel for you all. 
    There is a bus from Wolverhampton. Can’t understand why they have not told you this.
  • Options
    Will we make it ???

Heroes the lot of ya,.. lets hope we can see a return shot on the journey home with an even bigger grin and three points in the bag...have a great day lads B)
    You bet!!
  • Options
    4-1 win Davison, Lee, CBT and Leko
  • Options
    Is arter injured? I would bring him in in place of Dobson who I would move back to replace Gunter. It will strengthen the defence but unfortunately weaken the midfield but overall, a team without Gunter is a stronger one
    He is now fit, but not match fit, expected to play in cup next week