Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What’s your instant regret?

Comments

• Options
    Why are you sharing gambling links? Weird. 
  • Options
    Jumped over a wall at school when I was about 12, slipped and bit the bottom half of one of my front teeth off. Hurt liked hell and have had so many problems with it over the years. Initially just had the chipped bit replaced but twice had an abscess that needed to be drained by drilling a hole in the back of the tooth. Eventually they ground it down and put a metal pin that holds the crown but have had to have that replaced 3 times. It's also affected the tooth next to it, which I had the nerve taken out of and has a metal backing but now is so off colour that it looks horrible. Am planning to get them sorted out and whitened in the new year but don't want them to look like Simon Cowells!
  • Options
    1905 said:
    Opening this thread up ..............................  :-)
    Beat me to it……🤣
  • Options
    I was offered a ticket to see Queen sometime before Live Aid.  A guy in the post room at work had pulled out due to sickness.   I declined as there was one of their songs that was constantly played on the Radio which I disliked. (i think the one with the blow up dolls?). Then I watched Live Aid about a year later..... and my words were "f.... I have missed out big time" 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Every time I've ever said a sentence starting with "well why did you....?" to my missus.  2 days of grey winter later...
  • Options

That went well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

AND..... YA BANNED
  • Options
    Was a bit of a bizarre rambling post but Banned ? 

Although see he has started two threads and only ever posted one comment 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Was a bit of a bizarre rambling post but Banned ? 

Although see he has started two threads and only ever posted one comment 
    the first was just asking for knock knock jokes
  • Options
    Why has he/she been banned?
  • Options
    Yeah - it was a weird post, but banned seems rather strong - unless I am missing something (maybe something in the post which I missed ?)
  • Options
    Because it was spam. They signed up to place the post with embedded links to their gambling site, which is strictly against our rules. We get requests to place such posts on a daily basis, but as we manually approve new joinees we normally weed out spam applicants. 
    Ah !!

Well played sir
  • Options
    Singing a song about farting and trousers on the Underground.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did you see his knock knock joke thread?  Banning's too good for him.
  • Options
    That has made me feel better, pouring my heart out saying how I made myself look a twat yesterday smashing my face up and it was a spammer....................................I thought he might care?
    Bet he didn't.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    I was offered a ticket to see Queen sometime before Live Aid.  A guy in the post room at work had pulled out due to sickness.   I declined as there was one of their songs that was constantly played on the Radio which I disliked. (i think the one with the blow up dolls?). Then I watched Live Aid about a year later..... and my words were "f.... I have missed out big time" 
    Mine very similar.
    Boyfriend at the time bought us tickets to see them at Wembley.
    Was late turn & couldn’t get cover for love nor money.
    Just go sick, I kept being told.
    I’ll just see them next time, says I.
    Take your brother.

D’oh! 😔😫
  • Options
    Gino's frozen Italian meatballs.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    A toss of a coin led me and two friends to be on Koh Samui rather than Phuket when the Boxing Day tsunami struck and we were quite sombre over the next few days realising how close we came to be caught in it and our hotel owner had a sister hotel there that got hit badly. 

On New Year’s Eve there was big party on the beach but at one stage people lit hundreds of fire lanterns in memory of those killed. One of them got caught in a tree and fell on to the roof of a thatched beach bar and the roof caught alight.  Staff were trying to throw water on it to put it out and my drunken self said out aloud - “see this is where we need a big wave”

People (quite rightly) looked at me like I was scum, and even in my drunken state I couldn’t believe I had said that, and I had to go off for a while and have a word with myself. 

Even now I still don’t know why I said it and still feel a c**t just typing this out 

Because actually despite (or maybe because of) it being heartless it was also funny.
  • Options
    Very timely thread.

I took my 10 year old grandson to Cyclopark yesterday so he could ride his stunt scooter up, down and over the concrete slopes, ramps and tunnels. After about 30 minutes he sat down to have a rest. I stood there eying up the scooter with my brain telling me I am too old at 64 to get on it, too heavy to get on it, and I will just make myself look a fool ............................however

When did I ever listen to my brain!!

On I jumped, scooted up the first slope, sped down the other side and swooped across a ramp, thinking I had cracked this I completely forgot the front wheel and handlebars do a full 360o for certain tricks so as approached the slope right in front of my sitting grandson my plan was to do a tight turn in front of him, stop and hand it back to him..........................not!!!

I overdid the tight turn, the front wheel locked and face planted me straight onto the concrete in front of him, mind you I did at least stop. Wow the noise my skull made as it impacted the floor I thought I had done some serious damage however I have escaped with a badly grazed face, a swollen eye which is getting blacker by the hour and my pride dented. 

Lesson learnt, am I too old for all this...............................not a chance  B)
    Why does a Cyclopark allow scooters?
  • Options
    Because it was spam. They signed up to place the post with embedded links to their gambling site, which is strictly against our rules. We get requests to place such posts on a daily basis, but as we manually approve new joinees we normally weed out spam applicants. 
    Tuesday is pedantic day

So

”Joinee” or “Joiner”