Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What’s your instant regret?

Comments

• Options
    In answer to the post title - my parents not moving to Oz when they had the chance.
  • Options
    Booking a holiday over the playoff final. My flight back was about kick off time so I had a choice. Fly back and don't switch my mobile on and watch the replay hoping I didn't find out the score before hand.

Fly back a day early to make the game. Extend the holiday and watch it in Cyprus. I chose to watch it in Cyprus. Will regret it forever and doubt I'll ever see us win a final in the 94th minute ever again.
  • Options
    Booking a holiday over the playoff final. My flight back was about kick off time so I had a choice. Fly back and don't switch my mobile on and watch the replay hoping I didn't find out the score before hand.

Fly back a day early to make the game. Extend the holiday and watch it in Cyprus. I chose to watch it in Cyprus. Will regret it forever and doubt I'll ever see us win a final in the 94th minute ever again.
    I feel your pain. I was on a cruise. Flying home early wasn’t really an option.
  • Options

It was an option for me but the daggers I got from the Mrs when I suggested cutting the holiday short just wasn't worth the agg so actually it wasn't an option 🤣
  • Options
    Coffee
  • Options

It was an option for me but the daggers I got from the Mrs when I suggested cutting the holiday short just wasn't worth the agg so actually it wasn't an option 🤣

She could have stayed there.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    I was offered a ticket to see Queen sometime before Live Aid.  A guy in the post room at work had pulled out due to sickness.   I declined as there was one of their songs that was constantly played on the Radio which I disliked. (i think the one with the blow up dolls?). Then I watched Live Aid about a year later..... and my words were "f.... I have missed out big time" 
    Mine very similar.
    Boyfriend at the time bought us tickets to see them at Wembley.
    Was late turn & couldn’t get cover for love nor money.
    Just go sick, I kept being told.
    I’ll just see them next time, says I.
    Take your brother.

D’oh! 😔😫
    I bet you wished you had gone sick now, 
  • Options
    After nearly 45 years of marriage proposing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

She could have stayed there.
    I tried that but she gave it the biggen about how she is too scared to fly on her own ffs 🙄
  • Options
    I have no regrets but I do have massive self loathing because of things I should regret.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Starting smoking at 13. Reckon I would have made 6”3 minimum 
    Elfs must of started at 9.
    I think he was born with a fag hanging out of his mouth. 
  • Options
    I had a random thought about Reza earlier today. Then I wondered how his last name was spelt. 
    Maybe we should have a CL spelling contest. No checking google just type his last name as you remember it. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I had a random thought about Reza earlier today. Then I wondered how his last name was spelt. 
    Maybe we should have a CL spelling contest. No checking google just type his last name as you remember it. 
    I remember it looking like it had Gooch in there.

Goochannejiad is my guess.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I just remember the spelling as Reza IScoredAWinnerAgainstLeedsAtEllandRoadSoI’mAFuckingLedge-ijad.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Very timely thread.

I took my 10 year old grandson to Cyclopark yesterday so he could ride his stunt scooter up, down and over the concrete slopes, ramps and tunnels. After about 30 minutes he sat down to have a rest. I stood there eying up the scooter with my brain telling me I am too old at 64 to get on it, too heavy to get on it, and I will just make myself look a fool ............................however

When did I ever listen to my brain!!

On I jumped, scooted up the first slope, sped down the other side and swooped across a ramp, thinking I had cracked this I completely forgot the front wheel and handlebars do a full 360o for certain tricks so as approached the slope right in front of my sitting grandson my plan was to do a tight turn in front of him, stop and hand it back to him..........................not!!!

I overdid the tight turn, the front wheel locked and face planted me straight onto the concrete in front of him, mind you I did at least stop. Wow the noise my skull made as it impacted the floor I thought I had done some serious damage however I have escaped with a badly grazed face, a swollen eye which is getting blacker by the hour and my pride dented. 

Lesson learnt, am I too old for all this...............................not a chance  B)
    Why does a Cyclopark allow scooters?
    It caters for all wheeled sports. The park contains a very large skateboard park with all the ramps, slopes and ledges however kids are allowed to take stunt bikes and scooters on it as well. When we were there yesterday there were no skateboarders, it was all scooters and bikes.

I just thought about your question, the scooters in question are the ones you stand on and push along with one leg, they are not motorised 

If you have never been I highly recommend it, they have extended the main cycling track, skateboard park as mentioned, kids play area, jeep safaris for the kids, good cafe, clean toilets etc. Plus for adults they offer spin classes, on site gym, workshop to get your bike fixed plus you can hire bikes and helmets.

• Options
    That my Dad took me to Charlton when i was a kid.

35 years with some high points but mostly lows later........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am gonna have to look up the word Instant in the dictionary as a lot of people seem to have a different definition to me ! 
  • Options
    Not having talked more with my father about him and his parents living through the Second World War in Europe, under the Russian and German invaders in Latvia, the family history lost now.
     A terrible time and place in history to live through. I think its no big surprise people would rather look to the future than the the past.
    Both my grandfathers served in wars, neither of them were very big talkers about there early lives. My father only found out his father had been in the first world war near his life, 84 years old at the time. He knew he had been in the army as a young man serving in India and the middle east but it was my grandmother who told my dad that his dad was 16 and went to war. My other grandfather only ever said small snippets about his past and never much about the war except losing his friend in the Rhine.
    As a young child and then adult myself I too wanted to know more about my families past but the bits I've been told over 50 odd years by other family members are nothing short of pure misery by todays standards of life. I don't regret them for not sharing their memories nowadays.
  • Options
    Mellow Birds...
  • Options
    Mellow Birds...
    ...will make you smile.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Very timely thread.

I took my 10 year old grandson to Cyclopark yesterday so he could ride his stunt scooter up, down and over the concrete slopes, ramps and tunnels. After about 30 minutes he sat down to have a rest. I stood there eying up the scooter with my brain telling me I am too old at 64 to get on it, too heavy to get on it, and I will just make myself look a fool ............................however

When did I ever listen to my brain!!

On I jumped, scooted up the first slope, sped down the other side and swooped across a ramp, thinking I had cracked this I completely forgot the front wheel and handlebars do a full 360o for certain tricks so as approached the slope right in front of my sitting grandson my plan was to do a tight turn in front of him, stop and hand it back to him..........................not!!!

I overdid the tight turn, the front wheel locked and face planted me straight onto the concrete in front of him, mind you I did at least stop. Wow the noise my skull made as it impacted the floor I thought I had done some serious damage however I have escaped with a badly grazed face, a swollen eye which is getting blacker by the hour and my pride dented. 

Lesson learnt, am I too old for all this...............................not a chance  B)
    Why does a Cyclopark allow scooters?
    It caters for all wheeled sports. The park contains a very large skateboard park with all the ramps, slopes and ledges however kids are allowed to take stunt bikes and scooters on it as well. When we were there yesterday there were no skateboarders, it was all scooters and bikes.

I just thought about your question, the scooters in question are the ones you stand on and push along with one leg, they are not motorised 

If you have never been I highly recommend it, they have extended the main cycling track, skateboard park as mentioned, kids play area, jeep safaris for the kids, good cafe, clean toilets etc. Plus for adults they offer spin classes, on site gym, workshop to get your bike fixed plus you can hire bikes and helmets.

So the kids can see the herds of Wildebeest roaming majestically down Watling street?
  • Options
    Mellow Birds...
    ...will make you smile.
    The most disgusting drink of all time...