Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What’s your instant regret?

13»

Comments

• Options
    iainment said:
    Very timely thread.

I took my 10 year old grandson to Cyclopark yesterday so he could ride his stunt scooter up, down and over the concrete slopes, ramps and tunnels. After about 30 minutes he sat down to have a rest. I stood there eying up the scooter with my brain telling me I am too old at 64 to get on it, too heavy to get on it, and I will just make myself look a fool ............................however

When did I ever listen to my brain!!

On I jumped, scooted up the first slope, sped down the other side and swooped across a ramp, thinking I had cracked this I completely forgot the front wheel and handlebars do a full 360o for certain tricks so as approached the slope right in front of my sitting grandson my plan was to do a tight turn in front of him, stop and hand it back to him..........................not!!!

I overdid the tight turn, the front wheel locked and face planted me straight onto the concrete in front of him, mind you I did at least stop. Wow the noise my skull made as it impacted the floor I thought I had done some serious damage however I have escaped with a badly grazed face, a swollen eye which is getting blacker by the hour and my pride dented. 

Lesson learnt, am I too old for all this...............................not a chance  B)
    Why does a Cyclopark allow scooters?
    It caters for all wheeled sports. The park contains a very large skateboard park with all the ramps, slopes and ledges however kids are allowed to take stunt bikes and scooters on it as well. When we were there yesterday there were no skateboarders, it was all scooters and bikes.

I just thought about your question, the scooters in question are the ones you stand on and push along with one leg, they are not motorised 

If you have never been I highly recommend it, they have extended the main cycling track, skateboard park as mentioned, kids play area, jeep safaris for the kids, good cafe, clean toilets etc. Plus for adults they offer spin classes, on site gym, workshop to get your bike fixed plus you can hire bikes and helmets.

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I’ve cycled past it a few times going into Kent and have been curious to see/use it.
  • Options
    Mellow Birds...
    ...will make you smile.
    The most disgusting drink of all time...
    A mug of warm brown, the bland hot drink for people who didn't like the taste of coffee but wanted to make it seem like they had suave, sophisticated, continental, tastes...
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Mellow Birds...
    ...will make you smile.
    The most disgusting drink of all time...
    A mug of warm brown, the bland hot drink for people who didn't like the taste of coffee but wanted to make it seem like they had suave, sophisticated, continental, tastes...
    On a par with Blue Nun and le Piat d'or for sophistication ....
  • Options
    I didn't come home for the 2019 playoff final....my Dad, Brothers and nephews went and had a brilliant day. I was scared that if I travelled all the way from the US and we lost I would have been pissed off.  
  • Options
    Don’t do regrets, but annoyed didn’t go to 3rd Carlisle away promotion match, done all 3 play off victories. 
  • Options
    Headbutting a guy who'd started on a few of my mates sitting behind us (one of the girls was pregnant) 15 minutes into the '98 play off final wasn't one of my best decisions. Knew as soon as I'd done it I'd be chucked out, which I was.
  • Options
    Headbutting a guy who'd started on a few of my mates sitting behind us (one of the girls was pregnant) 15 minutes into the '98 play off final wasn't one of my best decisions. Knew as soon as I'd done it I'd be chucked out, which I was.
    It's a good one....but given your form on here, I'll admit I was expecting something a little more sordid  :D
  • Options
    Now that was a bad decision - missed the ultimate Charlton match !!!
  • Options
    I heard it was shit?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    not just Charlton, wasn't it voted the second best game ever at the old Wembley (only beaten by the world cup final)
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    It's a good one....but given your form on here, I'll admit I was expecting something a little more sordid  :D
    He did shag him the next day.
  • Options
    not just Charlton, wasn't it voted the second best game ever at the old Wembley (only beaten by the world cup final)
    And only narrowly lost out in the vote I recall ?
  • Options
    Starting smoking at 13. Reckon I would have made 6”3 minimum 
    And just think how tall you'd be if you'd given up smoking AND wanking
  • Options
    The Venue circa 1995.

Went there with my longtime girlfriend but we were on the rocks, went to get a drink and was propositioned by a stunning blonde girl wearing a tight silver dress.

Had to decline for obvious reasons but knew that a Lenny McLean lookalike like myself wasn’t ever going to get that sort of chance again.

Couple of weeks later I had split with the girlfriend and saw this stunner at The Venue and she was snogging our erstwhile left-back Anthony Barness!