Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread (+Post p23): Gateshead vs Charlton | FA Cup 2nd Round | Fri 3rd Dec 2021, 7.45pm

Comments

• Options
    Not impressed with Henderson on this showing.
  • Options
    Brilliant from Lee, if a Gateshead player did that beckford would be spuzzing all over the microphone 
  • Options
    As much as we don’t rate Gunter, I do wonder if he was in the back line tonight if we would look a little more solid. 
    Pearce would be even better, to be fair though if Deji can't cope against this lot then his Football League career wont be very long. 
  • Options
    Stockley goes down side to the right of their area, DJ sends it in, the keeper struggles to claim but it's cleared. Gilbey thinks he's won us a corner, but no, and the ref blows up for half time.
  • Options
    Is that Bob Carrolgees playing for them at left back 🤣
  • Options
    Glad to get in 1-0 up. Not been great but hoping Gateshead tire 2nd half and we pump 8 past them
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    DJ can't hit a decent cross...
    Unfortunately Dave Rudd is correct on this part, really not impressed with his final ball so far
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Just about getting the job done.

Just like Sam Matterface who really seemed to struggle when saying Graham Stuart just then. 
  • Options
    DJ gets on my nerves. I've seen a few games this season on TV  and in person but he really struggles to put in a decent cross. hit and hope or just a looped cross with little power. beats a player a fair bit brilliantly but its the next bit. so frustrating. 
  • Options
    We don't look out of second gear to be fair.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well that was fun
  • Options
    Made some good stops towards the end 
  • Options
    ITV main commentator can't even pronounce Purringtons name correctly. This commentary is bloody awful and very biased!
  • Options
    Brilliant from Lee, if a Gateshead player did that beckford would be spuzzing all over the microphone 
    No more spuzz left for beckford,hes got to recharge at half time
  • Options
    DJ gets on my nerves. I've seen a few games this season on TV  and in person but he really struggles to put in a decent cross. hit and hope or just a looped cross with little power. beats a player a fair bit brilliantly but its the next bit. so frustrating. 
    It is frustrating as against Plymouth he put in double figures of brilliant crosses. Not done it tonight
  • Options
    Apparently Rob Lee used to play for Newcastle...
  • Options
    Most of his crosses are daisy cutters...
  • Options
    Think we’re lucky to be in front at half time. Fair play to Gateshead but they’ve had a couple of good chances to at least be on level terms 
  • Options
    Maybe I'm being harsh but does anyone else find DJ so frustrating? Never seems to want to take a man on down the line and his crossing so inconsistent 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As much as we don’t rate Gunter, I do wonder if he was in the back line tonight if we would look a little more solid. 
    Pearce would be even better, to be fair though if Deji can't cope against this lot then his Football League career wont be very long. 
    Indeed, though was just going with our fit players. Deji been the weak link for me today - only natural that he will have some weaker performances at his age, but a bit of worry it’s against Gateshead.
  • Options
    It is frustrating as against Plymouth he put in double figures of brilliant crosses. Not done it tonight
    That was the one game where he made some decent crosses...
  • Options
    Watching in a nice noisy Friday night pub.

If playing without much inner drive, but still 1 up.  Then that indicates we are currently naturally a good side.

Bit lackluster in the final 3rd
  • Options
    in the US it’s live on ESPN+, with Martin Tyler and Stewart Robson.  I feel I am missing out on the Beckford anger, but it makes good reading 
  • Options
    Fairly even game. They missed a couple of good chances and Henderson made a great left handed save. They have found space down both our wings and JJ may have to think about a flat back four second half to lock them out.
    Washington was looking dangerous  before setting Stockley up for the goal.
    Not sure JJ can afford to make many changes and be confident of winning unless we can get another goal soon.
  • Options
    No more spuzz left for beckford,hes got to recharge at half time
    Celery and pineapple juice for him at half time then 
  • Options
    Couple of shaky moments, but I think on balance it's been OK.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Gateshead have a nice move but the ball rebounds off their own man and goes out for our goal kick.
    Is "rebounds off" another term for "whacks in the unmentionables"?
    My telly is not so big I could tell where it hit him from this distance, and that was easier to type. :)

• Options
    Maybe I've missed something but what's he done wrong? Made a good save near the end. 
  • Options
    A shaky performance so far from us given ho strong the line up is except at the back.