Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread (+Post p23): Gateshead vs Charlton | FA Cup 2nd Round | Fri 3rd Dec 2021, 7.45pm

Comments

• Options
    Martin Tyler talking about how giving Jackson the job might not work out because appointing a fan favourite hadn't worked at Man Utd recently... it's like these commentary teams know nothing about our club.
    Tyler?
  • Options
    Nice to see Graham Stuart present.

Stockley is a power house. We need to keep him for at least another 3-4 years.

Thankfully, TS can enable that 
  • Options
    Martin Tyler talking about how giving Jackson the job might not work out because appointing a fan favourite hadn't worked at Man Utd recently... it's like these commentary teams know nothing about our club.
    Tyler?
    He's on American commentary 
  • Options
    DJ gets on my nerves. I've seen a few games this season on TV  and in person but he really struggles to put in a decent cross. hit and hope or just a looped cross with little power. beats a player a fair bit brilliantly but its the next bit. so frustrating. 
    Maybe I'm being harsh but does anyone else find DJ so frustrating? Never seems to want to take a man on down the line and his crossing so inconsistent 
    Yup. I think @Karim_myBagheri agrees with you.
  • Options
    DJ can't hit a decent cross...
    This. Great on the ball but let's it all down with his crossing. 

CBT is better imo. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As much as we don’t rate Gunter, I do wonder if he was in the back line tonight if we would look a little more solid. 
    Pearce would be even better, to be fair though if Deji can't cope against this lot then his Football League career wont be very long. 
    There’s been flashes, good on the ball and played some great long passes. Has been playing it a bit too safe though and putting stuff out for throws when he should back himself to take a touch and look up for a pass. 
  • Options
    'No pace' in our back three?! What on earth is this punditry
  • Options
    Im sure its because of Movember (we're in December lads), but looking at that Gateshead dressing room makes me think we're facing a team who have been teleported from the 1800s with those moustaches.

Although its the far North so they probably are still in the 1800s
  • Options
    DJ gets on my nerves. I've seen a few games this season on TV  and in person but he really struggles to put in a decent cross. hit and hope or just a looped cross with little power. beats a player a fair bit brilliantly but its the next bit. so frustrating. 
    It is frustrating as against Plymouth he put in double figures of brilliant crosses. Not done it tonight
    And this. DJ was unplayable in the first half against Plymouth but tonight its been all show but no end product.
  • Options
    I think we miss Pearce's leadership at the back. 
  • Options
    Wing backs not doing their job tonight . We look exposed at the back . 
  • Options
    RoanRedNY said:
    in the US it’s live on ESPN+, with Martin Tyler and Stewart Robson.  I feel I am missing out on the Beckford anger, but it makes good reading 
    What's their take on it so far?
  • Options

CBT is better imo. 
    DJ's crossing in the first half against Plymouth was, I do not exaggerate, the best half of crossing I've maybe ever seen from a Charlton player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    'No pace' in our back three?! What on earth is this punditry
    Fog on the Tyne 😉
  • Options
    The two Gateshead CBs have the same combined age as our three CBs (66)
  • Options
    Enjoying this so far. Need another couple
    of goals to make it safe
  • Options
    *Gatehead make 3 yard pass in their own half

Beckford: Charlton are under it here!!
    Beckford is awful
  • Options
    Remember that strange period under Adkins this season where people thought he was shit.

Everything you want in a league one striker is Stockley.  👏🏻 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    RoanRedNY said:
    in the US it’s live on ESPN+, with Martin Tyler and Stewart Robson.  I feel I am missing out on the Beckford anger, but it makes good reading 
    What's their take on it so far?
    Need to see more turnover on the 40 yard line.

Wont stand a chance of a conversion let alone a touchdown else
  • Options
    Not sure I entirely understand all the criticism of DJ, when our problems are further back and in the middle.

An interesting challenge for Jacko, a genuine front 3 against our back 3, and making them look a bit ordinary. We massively miss a leader back there, someone to organise things. Pearce, Innis and Lavelle are all vocal and organisers.

Dobson isn't providing much of a shield either.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Stig said:
    If ever they do a remake of Only Fools  and Horses, Graham Stuart is a shoe in for Mike the barman.
    Michael FIISSSHher
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Leuth said:

CBT is better imo. 
    DJ's crossing in the first half against Plymouth was, I do not exaggerate, the best half of crossing I've maybe ever seen from a Charlton player
    he had no one really to aim at but i actually thought alot of his crossing on that day was just average. even if he did have someone to aim at it wouldn't of made any difference but he did on that day put it into the 'danger area'.  

tbf we haven't had many decent wingers for quite a while.