Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic v Ipswich Town | Tuesday 7 December 21 | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• as soon as I see pearce on the starting line up I'll be confident
  • Be great to have Pearcy and Stockley back in the team.
  • I am hoping the new manager affect doesn't kick in, tough game as on paper they have a strong squad. 1-1 draw hope i am wrong and our teams togetherness will come through. 
  • Who’s in charge of Ipswich tonight ?
  • edited December 2021
    Who’s in charge of Ipswich tonight ?
    John McGreal - Has been their U23 Manager

Previously been Manager of Colchester and Swindon, although was never in charge of the latter
  • Beware of the bounce tonight.

Look, it Could be like watching a match between two teams of Kangaroos mate.

• 3:1 Clare Leko Washington 
  • It could be a bit like the Rotherham game tonight, they're the best team we've faced this season imo. I'd take a draw but I'm sure Jacko will get us playing for the win. 
  • If the players didn't want Cook gone then they could be a little demoralised and there for the taking. Personally think they'll set up not to lose rather than go for the jugular.

1-0 Stockley 
  • Sponsored links:

• Despite the recent turn around in form I still don’t think we are a top four team. We might be top eight but our appalling start leaves us needing a very consistent set of good results to get a playoff place. We need to treat every game as a cup final and if we do we might climb up there. First cup final tonight. 1 - 1 Need a striker and CB in January to have a chance. 
  • Weather looks rather grim for tonight…..
  • I fancy Bonne will be up for this one.
  • pretty windy by the looks of it. We seem to have storm after storm nowadays.
  • We needed an upturn in form to save us totally imploding from 22nd place under Adkins. It was instant at Sunderland with Johnnie's Henry V speech and changing the troops into a 3-5-2.

JJ has stopped Cafc being a joke team and deserves his chance in the hot seat. 
    50/50 game tonight, and 8th to 10th remains our likely finishing place even under Jackson who has galvinised the team but weaknesses remain and anyone watching carefully should see that. ( Mainly due to most players struggling to play regularly without injury setbacks and continuity and momentum being lost)

Plymouth away last season and Plymouth home this season is a standard we don't reach very often; We seem to be their nemesis.

A dilemma in this window because it will probably have to be loans that give as something extra. Striker and CB loans but no more "Wingers" !

Joe Pigott has struggled this season to play regularly but Bonne remains dangerous at this low level and even if Pearce plays I'm not certain who will come out on top.

• edited December 2021
    I can’t make tonight, have 3 of the free tickets codes on my phone, first come first serve whoever wants them, obviously no charge but please whoever takes them actually have people to turn up with. I can’t go cause of work and now my 3 don’t want to as a result is all 

edit: or someone tell me a regular poster on here etc who is after tickets, at work so will send the codes when I get the chance, cheers 
    Looks like it's dry from 6?
  • edited December 2021
    Big game tonight. If we get 3 points we can reignite our charge to improve our league position. Tough opposition which is normally good for us. Team to show the same attitude as they did at home against Plymouth & Rotherham. Everything left on the pitch. Looking forward to a hard fought win. 

• Sponsored links:

7c with 10mph wind and just partly cloudy doesn't seem rather than grim to me!

• pretty windy by the looks of it. We seem to have storm after storm nowadays.
    We have the second storm of the year approaching and we are into December. 

• mendonca said:
    Be great to have Pearcy and Stockley back in the team.
    I'm hoping Lekoey and Clarey get a look in too...
  • mendonca said:
    hopefully Jacksy has as many as possible for tonight

• Tight game, 2-1 either way. 

Bonne to score for them 
  • Weather looks rather grim for tonight….

This reminded me of Michael Fish. A few hours before the Great Storm of 1987 broke, on 15 October 1987, he said during a forecast: "Earlier on today, apparently, a woman rang the BBC and said she heard there was a hurricane on the way. Well, if you're watching, don't worry, there isn't!". The storm was the worst to hit South East England for three centuries, causing record damage and killing 19 people.[3]

• mendonca said:
    hopefully Jacksy has as many as possible for tonight

Yeah, up the jacksy!

• mendonca said:
    Weather looks rather grim for tonight…..
    7c with 10mph wind and just partly cloudy doesn't seem rather than grim to me!
    It’s the rain I am referring to (and yes I should have made that clear) - according to BBC it’s going to bucket down between 2.00pm and 6.00pm
  • I fancy Bonne will be up for this one.
    yep, he'll get dogs abuse, score, cup his ear at the Covered End