Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic v Ipswich Town | Tuesday 7 December 21 | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Former Addicks skipper @mattholland8 will be joining @iamscottminto & Alan Curbishley in the CharltonTV studio for full coverage of this evening's clash with
  • I can’t make tonight, have 3 of the free tickets codes on my phone, first come first serve whoever wants them, obviously no charge but please whoever takes them actually have people to turn up with. I can’t go cause of work and now my 3 don’t want to as a result is all 

edit: or someone tell me a regular poster on here etc who is after tickets, at work so will send the codes when I get the chance, cheers 
    Bump 
  • LouisMend said:
    Game is live on BBC Radio London digital this evening (DAB radios and through the TV channel for Radio London, not available online) 
    I tried listening once @LouisMend but there was a few seconds delay on the digital audio. Most disconcerting. 
  • ross1 said:
    Former Addicks skipper @mattholland8 will be joining @iamscottminto & Alan Curbishley in the CharltonTV studio for full coverage of this evening's clash with
    215 games for Charlton
    314 games for Ipswich

Interestingly Holland spent 6 seasons at both clubs. Ridiculous consistency to play on average over 50 games a season for Ipswich, for 6 seasons. Indeed he missed ONE league game in 6 seasons there
  • edited December 2021
    Not sure sure what the weather is like at our beloved Valley but suffice it to say if tonight’s game was on the Isle of Wight it wouldn’t be happening.  Four hours of torrential rain.  ☔️ 🌧 💨 
  • Not sure sure what the weather is like at our beloved Valley but suffice it to say if tonight’s game was on the Isle of Wight it wouldn’t be happening.  Four hours of torrential rai.  ☔️ 🌧 💨 
    And if it were happening in West Cork, it would quickly end up back at the Valley 😳
    I’ll be lucky to tune in tonight 💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨
  • ross1 said:
    Former Addicks skipper @mattholland8 will be joining @iamscottminto & Alan Curbishley in the CharltonTV studio for full coverage of this evening's clash with
    Fantastic news, really love Matty Holland having met him a couple of times. 
  • Charlton damp and cold st the moment. The heavy rain forecast has held off and they are now saying none expected after 8pm...
  • I'm tempting fate well calling it's bluff
    i believe we lose or draw tonight and Bonne doesn't score , i truly think he's pony but his numbers say otherwise ..so he can't be as bad as i believe him to be 

we win 4-3 and Bonne gets a hatrick .... take that and party!!
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:
    Where do we think his loyalties lie tonight? I always felt like he was an Ipswich lad more than Charlton...
  • ross1 said:
    Where do we think his loyalties lie tonight? I always felt like he was an Ipswich lad more than Charlton...
    Interesting … I always thought the opposite 
  • ross1 said:
    I'm sure he holds both clubs dear and will be very diplomatic.  Much like a parent saying they don't have a favourite child 😉
  • ross1 said:
    Yeah I thought Ipswich, but completely gave his all for us and ended up showing affection for Charlton.
  • ross1 said:
    I’d guess that, deep down inside he probably has more affection for Ipswich. He played more times for them, scored many more goals, broke into the Ireland international team while there and won the playoffs. In public I’m sure he’ll be diplomatic. 
  • So disappointed - set out to drive to the Valley from East Sussex but encountered so many stretches of flooded roads and so many fallen and falling branches that I finally decided to turn back. Will watch it, warm and dry, on Charlton TV. What a wimp!
  • edited December 2021
  • Weather has been awful in Swanley all afternoon. Windy & very wet. We never play well in those conditions & with the referee overseeing 2 previous 2-0 loses I see a hat trick of them on the horizon.

0-2. Piggott & Bonne.
  • Nadou said:
    So disappointed - set out to drive to the Valley from East Sussex but encountered so many stretches of flooded roads and so many fallen and falling branches that I finally decided to turn back. Will watch it, warm and dry, on Charlton TV. What a wimp!
    Not without a VPL (or whatever) you won't!
    Yes you can, midweek games are available to all, UK included.
  • Sage said:
    Nadou said:
    So disappointed - set out to drive to the Valley from East Sussex but encountered so many stretches of flooded roads and so many fallen and falling branches that I finally decided to turn back. Will watch it, warm and dry, on Charlton TV. What a wimp!
    Not without a VPL (or whatever) you won't!
    Yes you can, midweek games are available to all, UK included.
    D'oh!
  • Sponsored links:

• Weather has been awful in Swanley all afternoon. Windy & very wet. We never play well in those conditions & with the referee overseeing 2 previous 2-0 loses I see a hat trick of them on the horizon.

0-2. Piggott & Bonne.
    Knew you'd come through.
  • Long time since we beat Ipswich at home. Has our new manager bounce gone? Will they get a new lease of life with their caretaker boss? Going to be tight but just fancy us to slip up, 1-0 Ipswich.
  • Can't wait for the knicker twisting on here if Bonne scores tonight...

0-2. Piggott & Bonne.
    I’m assuming this is just to get people wound up?, I can never really tell anymore.
  • paulfox said:
    Weather has been awful in Swanley all afternoon. Windy & very wet. We never play well in those conditions & with the referee overseeing 2 previous 2-0 loses I see a hat trick of them on the horizon.

0-2. Piggott & Bonne.
    I’m assuming this is just to get people wound up?, I can never really tell anymore.
    It’s his default mode and it makes him feel that much better when he’s wrong whilst allowing him to be able to say ‘told you so’ when he’s right. To be fair he’s always consistent, don’t ever change golfie 😉.
  • I can’t make tonight, have 3 of the free tickets codes on my phone, first come first serve whoever wants them, obviously no charge but please whoever takes them actually have people to turn up with. I can’t go cause of work and now my 3 don’t want to as a result is all 

edit: or someone tell me a regular poster on here etc who is after tickets, at work so will send the codes when I get the chance, cheers 
    Bump 
    I'd take them. But all the seats on the 1-hour express flight from Wellington Airport to the Valley have probably already been taken. 
  • Bonne will wrongly get booed tonight,it'll fire him up,he'll score,its what our ex players do. 2-1 Charlton
  • Nadou said:
    Not a wimp at all.
    However, do you have any holy water to sprinkle on your TV?
  • seth plum said:
    Nadou said:
    Not a wimp at all.
    However, do you have any holy water to sprinkle on your TV?
    Sounds dangerous, water and electrical goods

Much better to just sacrifice a goat, and smear yourself in its blood. I assume that's a normal evening's entertainment in East Sussex
  • It's blowing a hoolie down here, we've been getting battered all day.
    No idea what the conditions are like at The Valley, but at the very least, it's no doubt a bit draughty?

I'll put up a Match Thread dreckly.