Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Cambridge United | Saturday 11th December 2021

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Just throwing it out there, but people would be going mental at Albie Morgan for the last two Rob Lee's sons performances.

Not saying he's bad, just he needs a rest and a convincing competitor in that role. 

Come on back soon JFC.
    The difference being the Lee has actually performed very well in more than 1 game this season. 
    Quite correct that he has been consistently good whereas Morgan has struggled to find any kind of form and his progression since Bow went has evidently stunted and actually regressed. 

Doesn't change the fact that Lee has looked tired last few games and really could do with a decent competitor.
    Well you have your reasoning then, exactly why Lee shouldn't be getting pelters is because he has shown what he can do but is likely tired from the minutes he has played. Morgan on the other hand used up all his available excuses a long time ago.

I'm saying Lee needs a decent competitor. I do not think Albie is that guy and have not suggested recently that he is.

We have been a million times better with Lee in the side and it's definitely time we gave Albie a loan out. Vennings has probably overtaken him by playing consistent men's football.
    I'm glad we agree.
  • Options
    Am I alone in finding the Elliott Lee chant utterly weird - he’s playing in a team in Div 3 of the English Football League - I mean, seriously, the white Pele ???
    yeah, and while we're at it Charlton Athletic are clearly not the greatest team the world has ever seen
  • Options
    So many shattered illusions.
  • Options
    We are playing like a promotion team. 
    A lot of belief, and grinding out results against shitty teams. 
    If only we hadn’t wasted 4 or 5 games with that dinosaur still in charge - we would be right up there. 
    Love Jacko to bits. (TM). 
  • Options
    Scrappy game but we look a better team when we play it to feet rather than hoof back. Some of those passes in the second half out to Leko were a sight to behold & I actually prefer Leko's hard & low driven crosses than DJ's that hit the first defender. 

All in all a satisfactory win. On another day Cambridge could easily have got a point but the game's all about scoring goals - we did & they didnt. They reminded me of the John Beck side of the 90's & seeing as we've not played them since then I had hoped that they had changed during the intervening years. Seems not. 

Can't believe the difference in points tally between Jacko's tenure to Adkins. If only we had been listened to earlier (like after Wycombe) we might now be closer to the play offs. Oh well, I'm doing my bit by continuing to predict us losing on the Pre-match thread....😄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Am I alone in finding the Elliott Lee chant utterly weird - he’s playing in a team in Div 3 of the English Football League - I mean, seriously, the white Pele ???
    Next you'll be saying that Romelu Lukaku doesn't actually have a 24 inch knob...
  • Options
    Ipswich have better players than Cambridge. Much better players individually. Cambridge are a better team at the moment though, which is why  they gave us a far harder battle.

This league is super competitive at the top. Apart from Plymouth who are in freefall, the top EIGHT are all unbeaten in the last 5, and all have gained more points than we have in that period, despite us getting 10 out of 15. It's going to be really tough to reach the playoffs.
  • Options
    Easy win. Love watching Charlton at the moment. Cannot express my belief about Jackson. Jackson is the man to take us to glory.
  • Options
    Yeah you are 
    Really ???

It’s a stupid chant 

I have no problem in chanting about the players we like, but comparing Elliott Lee to Pele (no offence to Elliott Lee BTW) is utterly ludicrous 

Anyway, leave it there - you clearly are short of many many brain cells ….
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2021
    So pleased Cambridge scored 5 away from home on Tuesday and used up all their away goals because they missed 3 sitters, plus 1 great save from Craig MacGillivray with his feet and failed to score for the first time in an away match this season.
    After the Lord mayor's show after Tuesday but same scoreline and 3 points.

I thought Cambridge created some good chances 1st half and should've been 2-1 up at the break. Scrappy game with some magic moments from Cafc with two good strikes from Conor Washington who continues his good form from Tuesday.

Johnnie Jackson can even get the points from an erratic performance but everyone battles for the team and the shirt. 
    Another clean sheet.

Under Jackson we have gone from 22th to 12th. 
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
    Mr. Happy said:
    On a similar note, I recently compared the careers and achievements of Chris Solly and John Terry and fell right off my f***ing chair in astonishment. 
    Also seems that Charlton aren't by far the greatest team the world has ever seen. 
    That's enough! Shut your dirty mouth!
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Yeah you are 
    Really ???

It’s a stupid chant 

I have no problem in chanting about the players we like, but comparing Elliott Lee to Pele (no offence to Elliott Lee BTW) is utterly ludicrous 

Anyway, leave it there - you clearly are short of many many brain cells ….
    What on earth
    Well. That escalated quickly
  • Options
    @Blucher @Sage ...look forward to your match reports.
  • Options
    Aye aye aye aye Charlie is better then Yashin, Matt Tees is better than Eusebio & Millwall are in for a thrashing. None of that is true didn't stop us singing it  :D
  • Options
    Aye aye aye aye Charlie is better then Yashin, Matt Tees is better than Eusebio & Millwall are in for a thrashing. None of that is true didn't stop us singing it  :D
    I remember it as:

we all agree
    wright is better than yashin
    bonds is better than eusebio 
    and we’re gonna give millwall a thrashing