Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 18th December 2021

Comments

• Options
    Never deserved to concede that but .....;

We'd taken our foot off the gas the last 10 minutes, lost all intensity, penetration and creativity.

Need to step up.
  • Options
    Surprised we didn’t try to call the game off with 3 players out with covid, we are missing Washington & Famewo as expected here.
  • Options
    45 minutes to turn this around and Plymouth ain't nothing special. 
    Keep the faith. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Great finish. 

Souaré made no effort to support the defence like Purrington would 
    Harsh tbh, wasn't remotely his fault
    It doesn't matter if the goal was his fault in any way he was alongside the play when possession turned over and made no effort to get back and help his team mates out. 

Purrington woulf have bust a gut had the players been in opposite positions.
  • Options
    DJ, Leko, Gilbey and Lee have gears to go up. Not good enough.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Doesn’t matter who you are or who you’re playing, if an opponent is dead set in getting 8 or 9 men behind the ball and defending very deep, it is hard to break down. You have to take your chance in a game like this, I.e. the header from Stockley, but we haven’t got near their goal often enough. When you don’t do that you’re always vulnerable to a sucker punch. 

Leko hasn’t provided the same spark as Connor, but the space isn’t there to run into. Midfield has been flat. Lee has been trying to make things happen, but Gilbey and DJ have been sloppy in possession and Soare is not as comfortable in that wing back role as Purrington. 

CM has to do better with his save imo, it wasn’t a hard stop and he’s pushed it right back out into the danger zone. It was a bit fortunate that the shot made it through the crowd though. 

Still winnable from here but need a reaction second half. Maybe Kirk on for Soare. Would be a bold sub but we need a bit more creativity out there. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    We are massively missing Famewo and Washington.
    Massively is a stretch. We aren't playing bad but we need to up the tempo which is tough when Plymouth just sit 
    Not really, Leko has pace but takes too long to read the ball and get going. His trickery is predictable too. 

Purrington owns the LWB position and having him as CB is affecting the balance of our side.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Doesn’t matter who you are or who you’re playing, if an opponent is dead set in getting 8 or 9 men behind the ball and defending very deep, it is hard to break down. You have to take your chance in a game like this, I.e. the header from Stockley, but we haven’t got near their goal often enough. When you djj on my do that your always vulnerable to a sucker punch. 

Leko hasn’t provided the same spark as Connor, but the space isn’t there to run into. Midfield has been flat. Lee has been trying to make things happen, but Gilbey and DJ have been sloppy in possession and Soare is not as comfortable in that wing back role as Purrington. 

CM has to do better with his save imo, it wasn’t a hard stop and he’s pushed it right back out into the danger zone. It was a bit fortunate that the shot made it through the crowd though. 

Still winnable from here but need a reaction second half. Maybe Kirk on for Soare. Would be a bold sub but we need a bit more creativity out there. 
    Only thing Id disagree with is the Leko / Conor comparison.

Its not his game so its difficult to judge - Yet Conor even if he doesnt have the space will make live uncomfortable for defenders - Pushing off the ball within the limits and ensuring they dont have time to do anything with the ball.

Results in the opposition rushing when playing out from the back, and will often result in us winning the ball back quickly.

Neither of Conor's goals against Cambridge were created out of absolutely no space in the box.
  • Options
    Did Plymouth change formation about 25/30 minutes in? Hard to tell on stream but looked like they adjusted, had 3 pushed up really far and started getting overloads in the middle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Game not over - conditions not easy. Charlton can score if they up the pace. Really missing Washington. In the mid / long term, Thomas Sandgaard needs to consider getting another quality striker in to cover injuries, suspensions etc if he wants promotion for Charlton.
  • Options
    Sloppy. Some poor passing and decision-making out there. Haven't threatened much other than set pieces. They looked bereft of confidence and there for the taking so quite disappointed by that.
  • Options
    Surprised we didn’t try to call the game off with 3 players out with covid, we are missing Washington & Famewo as expected here.
    Because you can't of you have 14 players available........ 
  • Options
    Not looking forward to going back to the lousy commentary.
  • Options
    And you know we dont win once we let in the first goal.
    Last time we came from behind to win was when Jacko was Caretaker last time  - beat Bristol Rovers 3-2 after going 2-0 down. 

10 matches (not including today)
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Still see us getting something out of this game, and 3 points to take back home, they are so fortunate to get that very soft goal off the post, and against the run of play, the only criticism i can say is we are playing not to our capabilities and look tired, def missing Washington and Famewo..
    Come on Jacko, now is the time to get this game back on the rails, we are more than capable  B)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    We are massively missing Famewo and Washington.
    Massively is a stretch. We aren't playing bad but we need to up the tempo which is tough when Plymouth just sit 
    Not really, Leko has pace but takes too long to read the ball and get going. His trickery is predictable too. 

Purrington owns the LWB position and having him as CB is affecting the balance of our side.

Would have Purrington back at LWB, not disputing that. Point is we have had 1 very clear chance and a couple of half chances and overall been good. Just lapsed on concentration on that goal.

Souare for me is the weak link.
  • Options
    And you know we dont win once we let in the first goal.
    Last time we came from behind to win was when Jacko was Caretaker last time  - beat Bristol Rovers 3-2 after going 2-0 down. 

10 matches (not including today)
    Please stop revelling in our misery.
  • Options
    Think both our wingbacks look off it today, too sloppy from DJ especially. A real shame to concede that late on, still 45 to go.. 
  • Options
    I love the upbeats. They’re just marvelous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jackson full time manager For 45 minutes before being charltonised…. Can we still stay up…. 
  • Options
    Did Plymouth change formation about 25/30 minutes in? Hard to tell on stream but looked like they adjusted, had 3 pushed up really far and started getting overloads in the middle.
    I’ll tell you what happened I woke up and started watching …. Just like the poxy Ashes this morning … it’s me ffs 
  • Options
    I love the upbeats. They’re just marvelous.
    Are they playing the second half?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Thomas said it live on TV, I assume he knows.... 
    What he explained the roles and responsibilities did he?

stonemuse said:
    He said that Ged was going to be focussed solely on the academy and made it sound like a demotion.

He also explained that his son was going to be taking over the role Ged previously had in relation to recruitment but more focussing on buying young talent who could come good. The new Driesen sprang immediately to mind although obviously hope that’s not close to being the case.

sounded very begrudging about offering jacko the contract, hope he gets a bit happier 
  • Options
    Thought we did well, could have pushed forward on the wings a bit better. Certainly the better side. Frustrating!
  • Options
    Told you.

Dont take your chances or score when on top you'll pay.
    Seriously bored of you now Golfie... You'll mock saying truth hurts or some bollocks - But you solely chirping up when things go shit are just tiresome now
    Read previous posts to mine- I'm not the only one.

But yes.....truth hurts.

And see my post of a minute ago. We are notorious for not being able to win after going behind, so it's no surprise I say what I do. 

It was over 30 games last time (League 1 into Championship & back again) until we managed a Golfie.
  • Options
    Well it's just all very disappointing...
  • Options
    Here come the Addicks for the second 45... COME ON YOUUU REDSSS!
  • Options
    We're the better side but DJ and Soare not at the races with no direct replacement. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!