Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***GILLINGHAM GAME NOW OFF***

Comments

• Options
    the EFL will now review the circumstances surrounding the postponement.

Here we go .. good old EFL
    Imagine the efl making us forfeit the game and give the 3 points to Gillingham?
    Golfie would self combust.
  • Options

I very much doubt that we would have announced it was off when there may be a possibility it isn’t. People would cancel trains, hotels etc on the back of our announcement. Unlike others who will say you are talking bollocks all I’ll say is you are talking b......
  • Options

The EFL investigate every such postponement.
  • Options
    Might be a good thing again given how jaded we looked against Plymouth.  Chances are we won’t play now until Wycombe on New Year’s Day (if that).  Hope they enjoy having the whole of Xmas day off as well.  It’s a nice thing for them to be with their families and not have to worry about having a beer 
  • Options
    Bollox!

And miss all this...

• Options
    edited December 2021

It does not take a rocket scientist to work out that won’t happen. Plenty of clubs tried to get games binned last Saturday in the football league and they were told to play them. 
  • Options

Thanks Rick Parry.
  • Options
    It's an Amazon Prime set of fixtures on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so will have to watch that instead
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bollox!

And miss all this...

I wonder if they get the deposit back for the pitch at Stone Retail Park?
  • Options
    @golfaddick throwing out some good positive and noteworthy points. 
  • Options
    Con-vid 19
  • Options
    So when is our next scheduled game, currently?
  • Options
    New Years Day... Home to Wycombe
  • Options
    We get players back from injury but without any games (inc U23), there's going to be some serious rust around!
  • Options
    New Years Day... Home to Wycombe
    In all reality, when Boris and his minister cronies said there wouldn’t be any further measure's before Christmas there couldn’t have been anybody who hadn’t written off the two weeks after Boxing Day. Next game still likely to be the FA Cup match imo.
  • Options
    I’m feeling quite cynical, but having just watched the 2 most recent player videos posted by the club it doesn’t look like anybody is ill (except Conor who looked like he was at home). So how come both our games are off? 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I’m feeling quite cynical, but having just watched the 2 most recent player videos posted by the club it doesn’t look like anybody is ill (except Conor who looked like he was at home). So how come both our games are off? 

...So maybe we should all be sent a letter from their mum to prove they're not hopping the wag eh.. B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like all Christmas specials, that was filmed back in August 
  • Options
    Some utterly dickhead comments on the twitter announcement from the club over the cancellation. 

It's seems that despite having no players, we should be learning to live with covid and playing the match. 
    Talking of which, what's with the Brazilian, pro-Palace spam on the club's Twitter these days? 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Nobody is saying they are ill. They have tested positive to COVID so are not allowed to play.
    In that case shouldn’t they be self isolating, rather than trying to string a sentence or two together in front of a camera?

• Options
    Everyone is assuming it is just our players but it could be the opposition players.

Wimbledon & Gillingham previous games were off.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I am disappointed, but what I am doing is telling myself we would have lost and will win it when it is now played. A more than possible scenario. As for a fixture pile up, other clubs have to deal with it too. I would look at it as a winter break.
  • Options
    I am disappointed, but what I am doing is telling myself we would have lost and will win it when it is now played. A more than possible scenario. As for a fixture pile up, other clubs have to deal with it too. I would look at it as a winter break.
    Remember that game V Gillingham under Bowyer that we could have postponed due to rain and a waterlogged pitch. We were adamant for it to go ahead and no surprise, we got zero points. 
  • Options
    Gillingham haven’t played a game now since 11th Dec. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Nobody is saying they are ill. They have tested positive to COVID so are not allowed to play.
    Shouldn't they be isolating then?
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    mendonca said:
    Remember that game V Gillingham under Bowyer that we could have postponed due to rain and a waterlogged pitch. We were adamant for it to go ahead and no surprise, we got zero points. 
    I can recall a few games in recent times which I hoped would go ahead due to the weather then regretted they went ahead. Away from home teams are getting defensive bodies behind the ball and relying on a mistake by us or the ref. We should spend the time addressing this chink in our armour and play offs could still be possible.