Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***GILLINGHAM GAME NOW OFF***

13»

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Redrobo said:
    I’m feeling quite cynical, but having just watched the 2 most recent player videos posted by the club it doesn’t look like anybody is ill (except Conor who looked like he was at home). So how come both our games are off? 
    Nobody is saying they are ill. They have tested positive to COVID so are not allowed to play.
    Shouldn't they be isolating then?
    The two recent player videos would have been filmed before the results were known as the club would insist on them not coming in. The point is that looking fit and running around does not mean that you do not have COVID19. Only testing will give you the information for the lucky ones who catch it but are not affected.
  • Options
    Everyone is assuming it is just our players but it could be the opposition players.

Wimbledon & Gillingham previous games were off.
    From CAFC website -

“ The club worked hard to ensure that it would be able to fulfil the fixture. However, taking into account the positive COVID-19 cases and injuries within the squad, the club does not have a sufficient number of players available in order to fulfil the fixture.”
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Redrobo said:
    Croydon said:
    Redrobo said:
    I’m feeling quite cynical, but having just watched the 2 most recent player videos posted by the club it doesn’t look like anybody is ill (except Conor who looked like he was at home). So how come both our games are off? 
    Nobody is saying they are ill. They have tested positive to COVID so are not allowed to play.
    The two recent player videos would have been filmed before the results were known as the club would insist on them not coming in. The point is that looking fit and running around does not mean that you do not have COVID19. Only testing will give you the information for the lucky ones who catch it but are not affected.
    Except Famewo is at the training ground, and Washington is at home in the video. So the dates don't add up. Going by the video, and purely on player attendance, only Washington is out with covid, so why aren't we playing? 

The club made it sound as if we had more cases on top of the previous week, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
  • Options
    Everyone is assuming it is just our players but it could be the opposition players.

Wimbledon & Gillingham previous games were off.
    From CAFC website -

“ The club worked hard to ensure that it would be able to fulfil the fixture. However, taking into account the positive COVID-19 cases and injuries within the squad, the club does not have a sufficient number of players available in order to fulfil the fixture.”
    Fair do's.  However the other clubs involved have already called games off before ours as mentioned and I would expect they are in the same boat.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Redrobo said:
    Croydon said:
    Redrobo said:
    Except Famewo is at the training ground, and Washington is at home in the video. So the dates don't add up. Going by the video, and purely on player attendance, only Washington is out with covid, so why aren't we playing? 

The club made it sound as if we had more cases on top of the previous week, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    So are you saying we have lied in order to get the game postponed? 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Croydon said:
    Redrobo said:
    Croydon said:
    Redrobo said:

So are you saying we have lied in order to get the game postponed? 
    I wouldn't put it past any football club claiming more injuries/cases to get extra time off. 

Who do you think we have out, that means we don't have 14 first team players available? 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Redrobo said:
    Croydon said:
    Redrobo said:

All the videos that went out in the run up to Christmas were filmed during the week of the Plymouth game. At that time, only Josh Davison was missing.
    Conor was actually at the training ground on that day but we missed grabbing him for his Christmas message so he sent one over so he didn’t miss out.
    The EFL sent out protocols on the Friday before Plymouth which stated that media teams should not attend first-team training sessions at training grounds so we weren’t able to be there over the last week, regardless.
    Thankfully, we had everything in the bag well in advance, so nothing can be read into which players do or do not appear in content like that. 

Croydon said:
    Redrobo said:
    Croydon said:
    Redrobo said:

All the videos that went out in the run up to Christmas were filmed during the week of the Plymouth game. At that time, only Josh Davison was missing.
    Conor was actually at the training ground on that day but we missed grabbing him for his Christmas message so he sent one over so he didn’t miss out.
    The EFL sent out protocols on the Friday before Plymouth which stated that media teams should not attend first-team training sessions at training grounds so we weren’t able to be there over the last week, regardless.
    Thankfully, we had everything in the bag well in advance, so nothing can be read into which players do or do not appear in content like that. 

Thanks Olly, always appreciate the insight. Think you do excellent work. Hope you're staying safe and enjoying a bit of time off. 
  • Options
    Gutted this game is called off as i have travelled back to UK for first time in 3 years, and booked tickets to bring my sons for their first trip to the Valley. Flying back on 31st so looks like it'll be another year at least till i can get down there again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Imagine if our oppo called the game off citing Covid and injuries 
    golfie would implode 
  • Options
    Doesn’t Golfie implode every week anyway?  
  • Options
    Doesn’t Golfie implode every week anyway?  
    Usually after we go 1-0 down…
  • Options
    I wonder if Wycombe will be on. gills was called of om Xmas eve so 5 days before.... 
  • Options
    You're feeling cynical ...... ?

Don't you know player's would rather be at home with their families for Christmas? :wink:

• Options
    100% unbeaten over Christmas! 🎅 
  • Options
    With all these cancellations, I don't think I'll bother with a Valley TV monthly pass again.
  • Options
    With all these cancellations, I don't think I'll bother with a Valley TV monthly pass again.
    It’s ok for you……I got a half season ticket for Christmas and it looks like I won’t be going to games until Easter!