Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Xmas Threads 2021 - Xmas Dinner (aka Rate My Plate)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Fumbluff said:
    cfgs said:
    Fumbluff said:
    cfgs said:
    Today's offering at my place. Just going in the oven.
    Do you mind me asking how much that lump of boeuf was?
    I get a decent discount from my local butcher, it was just under £60.  Think it should have been £68.  Rib of beef is a personal favourite
    Phew, we had one about 2/3 the size of that and I nearly fell over when our local butcher said £44!
    Happy to support my local trader but didn’t really taste 4x better than a lump from Waitrose if I’m honest….
    Sorry.
    Are you saying you bought a bit of beef 
    2/3 the size of  cfgs in waitrose for £11.
    No no sorry, normally we’d be turkey (although we went duck last year) but this year I bought a rib if beef from my local butcher having not done that before but i felt a bit fleeced but it looked about 2/3 of what @cfgs bought and is about 2/3 the cost so I guess it is what is is….
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Fumbluff said:
    cfgs said:
    Fumbluff said:
    cfgs said:
    Today's offering at my place. Just going in the oven.
    Do you mind me asking how much that lump of boeuf was?
    I get a decent discount from my local butcher, it was just under £60.  Think it should have been £68.  Rib of beef is a personal favourite
    Phew, we had one about 2/3 the size of that and I nearly fell over when our local butcher said £44!
    Happy to support my local trader but didn’t really taste 4x better than a lump from Waitrose if I’m honest….
    Sorry.
    Are you saying you bought a bit of beef 
    2/3 the size of  cfgs in waitrose for £11.
    A cow is about two thirds the size of me.
  • Options
    Sorry, no food photo from me...was too knackered after cooking it all to take a pic...any way...only thing I have deduced from all these pictures is that only @Big_Bad_World knows how to cook a yorkshire pud from scratch... Well played sir.

Merry Christmas all.