Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chuks Aneke - speculation re 2023/24 season (p60)

Comments

• Chucks is built like a light heavyweight boxer and not a modern day footballer. I’m not sure energetic bursts of speed, twisting and turning are something his body can cope with. Certainly not week in week out. 
    He has been a football player for years. Nobody spots it until now ? That would  be a surprise. 
    His fitness levels are for an athlete appalling. Not suggesting in any way it’s his fault. A fit Chuks is a real asset but having a footballer who can’t ever play 90 minutes is a concern and in many respects a liability. Hopefully he can have an impact for us this year but if he can’t stay fit then he’s really just clogging up a squad place. 
    And to think we paid money to resign him, madness.
  • The Management and Coaching staff were saying he came back from Birmingham a different player, weren't sure what was in the Brum water etc etc.
  • Chucks is built like a light heavyweight boxer and not a modern day footballer. I’m not sure energetic bursts of speed, twisting and turning are something his body can cope with. Certainly not week in week out. 
    He has been a football player for years. Nobody spots it until now ? That would  be a surprise. 
    Page 22.  April 12.

Dave Rudd said:
    what is the condition that prevents him playing full matches? Is it a muscle condition? Or something else?
    This is the bit that intrigues me.  We have been told nothing about whatever it is that makes him unable to play more than a handful of games in succession.

Aneke is not a natural athlete.  He lumbers around a bit ... reminiscent of Tommy Cooper.  This will have its effect on him somewhere.  Back problems, muscle problems whatever.

3+ year deal.  He is part of our Championship promotion squad.

Now ... where's that Zynex knee brace?

• Chunes said:
    Yeah, he can't play 90 minutes. That's a very accurate criticism. But it's not accurate to say he's always injured.
    Absolutely, I made this point before. Last season he wasn’t “always injured” at all, not like Inniss. Personally I’d always choose Aneke over Inniss, if Stockley stays fit and we can get Aneke available (even if only for 30 mins) for 40 league games then he can have a huge impact. 
    I wonder if your boss would put up with a similar input from you saying g we have him for 40 weeks a year for 2 days a week  !
    Unsurprisingly a stupid comparison from you. My business needs me to do my job for around 200 days a year. Aneke can help Charlton be successful with 30 ‘good days at the office’. 
    How many minutes in is 30 days at the
    office ?

How many days at the office in any one week ?

Yours is the unsurprisingly stupid comment. 

Every time he over exerts himself doing his laces up he is injured it would seem.
    They are not fair comparisons are though they? Charlton have roughly 70 hours of league football to be successful. Yes training is important but it’s about  what you do over those 70 hours of football that determines your league position. 99% of businesses cannot achieve successful over such a small amount of time so to compare an employees availability is nonsense 
  • Chunes said:
    Yeah, he can't play 90 minutes. That's a very accurate criticism. But it's not accurate to say he's always injured.
    Absolutely, I made this point before. Last season he wasn’t “always injured” at all, not like Inniss. Personally I’d always choose Aneke over Inniss, if Stockley stays fit and we can get Aneke available (even if only for 30 mins) for 40 league games then he can have a huge impact. 
    I wonder if your boss would put up with a similar input from you saying g we have him for 40 weeks a year for 2 days a week  !
    Unsurprisingly a stupid comparison from you. My business needs me to do my job for around 200 days a year. Aneke can help Charlton be successful with 30 ‘good days at the office’. 
    How many minutes in is 30 days at the
    office ?

How many days at the office in any one week ?

Yours is the unsurprisingly stupid comment. 

Every time he over exerts himself doing his laces up he is injured it would seem.
    They are not fair comparisons are though they? Charlton have roughly 70 hours of league football to be successful. Yes training is important but it’s about  what you do over those 70 hours of football that determines your league position. 99% of businesses cannot achieve successful over such a small amount of time so to compare an employees availability is nonsense 
    That is idiocy...his availability is measured in minutes each game one game a week. If you had an employee doing that you would not  have success any time.  In this 70 hours we need to score goals and we have 2 proven goal scores, one of whom is rapidly becoming like Sicknote Anderson if Spurs in the 90's.  I would love Aneke to stay fit. I would be happy with 60 mins a game.
    However who do you think he is likely  to replace in a game given what seems to be 1 forward goal scorer only. If the replacement is quite likely to be unfit that signals trouble.  Plenty have said that on here recently.  Have a go at them and tell them it is nonsense. But don't  pretend Aneke isn't  a problem or an issue on here and within the club.  And ask yourself  would he actually  be here if he was fit. Because he already cleared off once without a by your leave.
    Exactly, whereas you could with a footballer, hence why the comparison is nonsense. 
  • Any news on the cheat code yet? 
  • cabbles said:
    Any news on the cheat code yet? 
    They’ve lost the code!
    His fitness levels are for an athlete appalling. Not suggesting in any way it’s his fault. A fit Chuks is a real asset but having a footballer who can’t ever play 90 minutes is a concern and in many respects a liability. Hopefully he can have an impact for us this year but if he can’t stay fit then he’s really just clogging up a squad place. 
    And to think we paid money to resign him, madness.
    this, this and THIS
  • Sponsored links:

• Our free scoring midfielders will save the day.
  • Usually they say no news is good news, in Aneke’s case it means, oh fuck don’t tell anyone we’re desperate for a new striker!!!, see you around Christmas chuks, when you’ll get another injury from not warming up enough in the cold!!.  He’s not even that good he’s worth all the aggro. Put all the medical fees on someone’s wages that will play a lot!!!.
  • A short term Charlton injury means not out for the season 
    No, a short term injury at Charlton means only out for the rest of this season, but should be back next.
  • I love it when we play the game of "lets not give our opposition any headstarts" so no news is good news. Then we begin the game and can hardly string a move together.

We act like we're Real Madrid at times, carefully disguising a player's injury so we reap maximum rewards from the upcoming fixtures. Soooo shrewd. If only we could get some shots on target, would be masterful!
  • Stolen from Twitter. But made me laugh.

"I want that one"

The geezer has a fantastic agent.
  • Not in the 18 today.

Any news on when our super-sub might be able to put the odd 30 minutes or so in for us?
  • Not in the 18 today.

Any news on when our super-sub might be able to put the odd 30 minutes or so in for us?
    We have Leaburn in that role now.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Not in the 18 today.

We have Leaburn in that role now.
    For the next 3 weeks until Chelsea sign him.
  • Sponsored links:

• What a surprise...!
  • Scoham said:
    He’s been on the grass today, well at least he’ll be chilled out!
    Maybe it's medicinal
  • We could  be 10 games in and the situation could easily be the same. He misses more games than he plays and in many of those he isn't playing many minutes.  And people keep hammering players who turn up and try to do their best. 
    If Garner says there's an outside chance for Saturday then he'll surely be available for Plymouth.
  • edited August 2022
    Fuck me we're only 2 games into the league season and we have 4 points, not like we've really missed him. Even if he was fit, he probably wouldn't be starting.

As Garner says no point risking him. He can get 15 minutes as sub v Plymouth, then probably 30 minutes v Cambridge. 
    Nah dont use common sense on here!!

Got to think about what might happen if we go into the game on Saturday, with a comet having wiped out the entire team - We've been saying we need squad depth for just that sort of scenario 
  • Chris mate, I come from Sidcup but if you truly believe he'll  be fit for Plymouth you must come from La la land.
  • We need to get some-kind of work out of him. Even if it’s putting the corner flags out or filling up the pot holes in the car park. 
  • We need to get some-kind of work out of him. Even if it’s putting the corner flags out or filling up the pot holes in the car park. 
    I keep hearing we could do with a CEO.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!