Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Cheltenham v Charlton 3pm Saturday 15th January

Comments

• Whenever Charlton are on tv, I’ve always been absolutely glued to it, win lose or draw.
    But these days, I find myself checking my emails, making a cuppa, playing a game on my iPad, having a chat with ladyromford etc.
    I just can’t give it my full attention anymore. Maybe because I’m able to watch every game live on tv these days? I suspect though, that it’s just because it’s so desperately uninspiring
    Well, I decided to go and make a nice cheese and tomato sandwich. Lovely, fresh local bread, decent cheddar and nice plump tomatoes. Took me 5 or 10 minutes.
    Came back to find Charlton have turned into world beaters and we’ve turned the game around.

Obviously, that didn’t happen. But I’m so bored, my cheese and tomato sandwich seems infinitely more interesting. So I thought I’d share.
    😒
    Did you get any crisps?
  • Talal said:
    Has Jacko changed the formation once yet? Just changing wing backs is so basic. 
    Yes he put Innis up front once.
  • I honestly thought Jackson would get a reaction from them. He must have torn into them after Crewe. But, I’m just watching Crewe (part 2).  He must despair as the booing can’t be far off coming. 
  • mendonca said:
    ct_addick said:
    Innis is shocking
    He would be playing in Premier league if not with us.
    Nonsense
  • ross1 said:
    Why is 1-0 lead easy for opposition, but never enough for us?
    To be fair we'd be thinking we'd done well to hang in there this long if this were us leading. 
    1. 75'

Post update

Akin Famewo (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

2. 75'

Post update

Foul by Callum Wright (Cheltenham Town).

1. 76'

Post update

Corner, Cheltenham Town. Conceded by George Dobson.

• edited January 2022
    SDAddick's Fact of the Day:

Did you Know?
    Mason Burstow and Elliot Lee are still in the pitch for Charlton. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dont get the Inniss comments - Think he's been our best defender today
  • 77' Thomas blazes a volley off target for the hosts. #ctfc 1 #cafc 0
  • I honestly thought Jackson would get a reaction from them. He must have torn into them after Crewe. But, I’m just watching Crewe (part 2).  He must despair as the booing can’t be far off coming. 
    He's at fault for today imo, playing the same failing formation week in week out.
    Generally agree, bit of a 50p head but otherwise decent.
  • This is the lowest I have ever felt watching Charlton 

• 77| Alfie May's corner is half-cleared. It spills back to the number 10 who clips Conor Thomas in behind on the right of the 18-yard box. He lets fly with a speculative volley that goes over the target.
  • ross1 said:
    Why is 1-0 lead easy for opposition, but never enough for us?
    Because we are shit.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dont get the Inniss comments - Think he's been our best defender today
    Generally agree, bit of a 50p head but otherwise decent.
    I find them ironic, as they started coming, right as he stopped a counter attack.

Basically put in a slower version of the challenge in that Norwich game last week
  • I can highly recommend the end of the snooker instead of this rubbish btw. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dobson off, okay then...
  • edited January 2022
    Dobson off... Gilbey on

Morgan has dropped back into the no.4 role apparently.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    He may seem our liveliest player but Morgan needs to be taken off, he is awful positional! Where is he even playing?
    Currently our most creative and influential player (in this game) and you want him off?!

He's left centre mid at the moment.
    Yes I do! He is all over the place and not in a good way! He just looks like he's trying really hard! We just look all over the place positionally with him in the side!
  • Absolutely abysmal defending. Everything good that we’ve been doing under Jackson has completely evaporated. 
    Funny how people see it differently. I think he is one if not the worst out there today.
  • Fumbluff said:
    Whenever Charlton are on tv, I’ve always been absolutely glued to it, win lose or draw.
    But these days, I find myself checking my emails, making a cuppa, playing a game on my iPad, having a chat with ladyromford etc.
    I just can’t give it my full attention anymore. Maybe because I’m able to watch every game live on tv these days? I suspect though, that it’s just because it’s so desperately uninspiring
    Well, I decided to go and make a nice cheese and tomato sandwich. Lovely, fresh local bread, decent cheddar and nice plump tomatoes. Took me 5 or 10 minutes.
    Came back to find Charlton have turned into world beaters and we’ve turned the game around.

Obviously, that didn’t happen. But I’m so bored, my cheese and tomato sandwich seems infinitely more interesting. So I thought I’d share.
    😒
    Did you get any crisps?
    No. Only downside to the sandwich - we don’t have any in the house because I’m trying to eat healthier. Stupid fat git. (Me, not you!)
  • This second half it has to be said is a real worry. After the Crewe performance and the first half here , if ever we were going to get a reaction this would be the time but its had the opposite effect. We have looked like a bag nerves defensively and really lacking any desire going foward
  • 79' SUB | Las throw of the dice for the Addicks as George Dobson makes way for Alex Gilbey. #ctfc 1 #cafc 0
  • We surely arent allowed to substitute Elliot Lee as part of the Luton loan deal
  • Bolton 1-0 Ipswich
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!