Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Cheltenham v Charlton 3pm Saturday 15th January

Comments

• Whenever Charlton are on tv, I’ve always been absolutely glued to it, win lose or draw.
    But these days, I find myself checking my emails, making a cuppa, playing a game on my iPad, having a chat with ladyromford etc.
    I just can’t give it my full attention anymore. Maybe because I’m able to watch every game live on tv these days? I suspect though, that it’s just because it’s so desperately uninspiring
    Well, I decided to go and make a nice cheese and tomato sandwich. Lovely, fresh local bread, decent cheddar and nice plump tomatoes. Took me 5 or 10 minutes.
    Came back to find Charlton have turned into world beaters and we’ve turned the game around.

Obviously, that didn’t happen. But I’m so bored, my cheese and tomato sandwich seems infinitely more interesting. So I thought I’d share.
    😒
     It'll be on Dave after 10pm tonight.
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    He may seem our liveliest player but Morgan needs to be taken off, he is awful positional! Where is he even playing?
    Currently our most creative and influential player (in this game) and you want him off?!

He's left centre mid at the moment.
    Yes I do! He is all over the place and not in a good way! He just looks like he's trying really hard! We just look all over the place positionally with him in the side!
    We've looked the same the past 3-4 games. It's not anything new that we look all over positionally. 
  • Fumbluff said:
    Whenever Charlton are on tv, I’ve always been absolutely glued to it, win lose or draw.
    But these days, I find myself checking my emails, making a cuppa, playing a game on my iPad, having a chat with ladyromford etc.
    I just can’t give it my full attention anymore. Maybe because I’m able to watch every game live on tv these days? I suspect though, that it’s just because it’s so desperately uninspiring
    Well, I decided to go and make a nice cheese and tomato sandwich. Lovely, fresh local bread, decent cheddar and nice plump tomatoes. Took me 5 or 10 minutes.
    Came back to find Charlton have turned into world beaters and we’ve turned the game around.

Obviously, that didn’t happen. But I’m so bored, my cheese and tomato sandwich seems infinitely more interesting. So I thought I’d share.
    😒
    Did you get any crisps?
    No. Only downside to the sandwich - we don’t have any in the house because I’m trying to eat healthier. Stupid fat git. (Me, not you!)
    Oh don’t worry, it’s me too…I’m never more than 10yds away from a packet of McCoys….
  • Dont get the Inniss comments - Think he's been our best defender today
    Funny how people see it differently. I think he is one if not the worst out there today.
    Famewo and Clare have been massively doo doo.
    1. 79'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Matthew Pollock.

• SDAddick said:
    SDAddick's Fact of the Day:

Did you Know?
    Mason Burstow and Elliot Lee are still in the pitch for Charlton. 
    IN the pitch, like buried?
  • ross1 said:
    79' SUB | Las throw of the dice for the Addicks as George Dobson makes way for Alex Gilbey. #ctfc 1 #cafc 0
    Is that the Gilbey that scores goals.....

If not then try putting on a striker that does.
  • Things must be bad.

Even our 2 ultra charlton biased TV commentators are getting frustrated and annoyed. 
  • We are so poor on the ball, especially in the final third, and have been for a long long time. 

Just so easy to defend against. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Burton now winning after conceding first.

See, it can be done.

• It doesn't sound like you folk are impressed with JJ's tactics and subs. Yet so many were going mad that we didn't appoint him while winning so many games - before we saw how he handles a run of shite results. 
  • The Norwich game shows some of the mentality of certain players. Took all the plaudits for their performance in that game but when it comes to two games against Crewe an Cheltenham, they can't be asked to raise their game. 
  • Leko tries doing it all himself, gives away a throw in
  • ross1 said:
    79' SUB | Las throw of the dice for the Addicks as George Dobson makes way for Alex Gilbey. #ctfc 1 #cafc 0
    Is that the Gilbey that scores goals.....

If not then try putting on a striker that does.
    We have no strikers on the bench
  • Lot of players hiding now
  • RELEASE THE PASS SOONER LEKO
  • Gills 1-2 Burton
  • Sponsored links:

• We are not working at all as a team 
  • Cheltenham seven games without a win... Might as well register Charlton as a bloody charity
    All runs come to an end, but why always against us?! 

• 83| Robins substitution
    on Charlie Raglan
     off Callum Wright
  • This is a relegation battle, the side, effort and tactics are not top half and way off top 6
  • We finally win a flick on but Gilbey's shot is blocked. 

• 85' Aneke flicks on for Gilbey to get into the box, but the chance is snuffed out by the Robins' defence. #ctfc 1 #cafc 0
  • What was that pass from Clare?! FFS.
  • One goal in five games
  • Unlucky from Gilbey, great flick on from Aneke, ball just hangs though and Alex cant get it out of his feet - Ball goes back to half way and Clare hits it straight out for a throw in

Disappointing from him today, especially given he was one of our better performers on Wednesday
  • Bolton 2-0 Ipswich
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!