Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Cheltenham v Charlton 3pm Saturday 15th January

Comments

• What is the worst part of this is that few years have made me expect this.  I am resigned to us being crap and finding new levels to sink to. We need a mass clear out, apart from a few and to start afresh.
  • Leaving it late to get two goals  :)
    1. 87'

Post update

Attempt saved. Corey Blackett-Taylor (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from the left side of the box is saved.

• CBT has a daisy cutter of a shot on goal - Comfortable for the Goalkeeper
  • cfgs said:
    What is the worst part of this is that few years have made me expect this.  I am resigned to us being crap and finding new levels to sink to. We need a mass clear out, apart from a few and to start afresh.
    We need to stay up first
  • Accers 1-1 Sunderland
  • Morgan probably shouldn't be our CDM.
  • Burton now winning after conceding first.

See, it can be done.

No doubt it can with a completely different squad 
  • The starting 11 had about 5 league goals between them after 25 games, so that is about right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave2l said:
    I hope Jackson says he wants a Chris Powell 2011 kind of clear out ....and bring a new squad of players in.

That's the only way this shit is going to change. 
    You are assuming he will be here after relegation.
    We must expect that his performance related contract has a relegation clause that allows Sandagaard to get rid of him .
  • Still think we'll get something from this game. 
    I think so too.

We'll get beaten.
  • Bradford have done a Golfie, thought I would say it before him. 
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    He may seem our liveliest player but Morgan needs to be taken off, he is awful positional! Where is he even playing?
    Currently our most creative and influential player (in this game) and you want him off?!

He's left centre mid at the moment.
    Yes I do! He is all over the place and not in a good way! He just looks like he's trying really hard! We just look all over the place positionally with him in the side!
    He's all over the place trying to cover for others that aren't doing a stroke. 
    Criticise him when  he does something bad but inventing things is ridiculous when he has been possibly our best player today.
  • Unlucky from Gilbey, great flick on from Aneke, ball just hangs though and Alex cant get it out of his feet - Ball goes back to half way and Clare hits it straight out for a throw in

Disappointing from him today, especially given he was one of our better performers on Wednesday
    Clare has been very very poor today. He looks tired and like he needs a rest. He's been one of our best and most consistent performers since Jacko came in, but it looks like it's time to give him a week off. Both Gunter and Matthews have played that RCB role well in the past, so at least we have some cover. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Morgan probably shouldn't be our CDM.
    Oi!! Don’t just blame Morgan!!!!😂
  • Cheltenham seven games without a win... Might as well register Charlton as a bloody charity
    Soon as you hear the oppo ain't won in x amount of games, you know it'll come to an end against Charlton
  • 90+1 A minimum of four additional minutes have been added... #ctfc 1 #cafc 0
  • Cheltenham proper time wasting pricks but Lee should know better there.
  • Sponsored links:

• JJ has no clue how to halt this slide
  • Dave2l said:
    I hope Jackson says he wants a Chris Powell 2011 kind of clear out ....and bring a new squad of players in.

That's the only way this shit is going to change. 
    Why’s it going to change when we are playing the same football, under the same coaching staff, that we have for years.

Which XI plus players are we going to bring in which will be head and shoulders above players already in the league?

Or from the coaching team we have, do you think all of a sudden they have the ability to turn a competitive team of new players into a promotion team - because I’m sadly really not seeing it.
  • 4mins added
    Im just glad it isn’t longer 
    1. 90'

Post update

Foul by Elliot Lee (Charlton Athletic).

2. 90'

Post update

Alfie May (Cheltenham Town) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Nlundulu coming off, looks a very decent player at this level. 
  • Cheltenham seven games without a win... Might as well register Charlton as a bloody charity
    Worst kept secret in football, WE ARE A CHARITY.
  • ct_addick said:
    JJ has no clue how to halt this slide
    He might have an inkling, but that ain't feasible 
  • just dropped another place in the table as Cambridge are 1-0 up at Lincoln
    1. 90'+1'

Substitution

Substitution, Cheltenham Town. Andy Williams replaces Daniel N'Lundulu.

• edited January 2022
    Said it since the summer. We cannot go from winning for fun last season into a bottom 5 club in League one. 

Something majorly wrong happened in the summer and we are getting closer + closer to the relegation zone. 

Either TS needs to pay the going rate for players, or Gallen needs to pull his finger out and actually find some good players to sign. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!