Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Cheltenham v Charlton 3pm Saturday 15th January

Comments

• Options
    Liking Aneke and Burstow up front.
  • Options
    This team is a shambles another Defeat 
  • Options
    Bare bones strikers, no wonder the trigger was pulled on the Chuks deal. Imagine just having an 18yr old in the squad to rely on for your goals? 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Henderson in goal?
    McG Still on paternity leave.
  • Options
    Like the idea of Burstow and Chuks up front. 

They both know where the goal is. 
    I think they complement each other with their different styles
  • Options
    Scott Minto looks better today
  • Options
    I don't like the look of that starting 11. It looks unbalanced. Matthews and DJ are both right sided players. Why no Purrington in the starting 11? Same formation with DJ and Matthews as the wing backs or a change of formation? How long will Chuks last? Should be good experience for Burstow to play with Chuks. The bench is not exactly packed with attacking options - sorry but Leko is not the solution to our attacking options. This must surely be Albie Morgan's last chance. He has had plenty of chances to prove his worth, but hasn't taken them. Henderson in goal again too. I can see nothing but defeat with this line up, but hope JJ has a master plan and proves me wrong!
  • Options
    Not a huge fan of that line up tbh
  • Options
    Not much goal threat on the bench. Davison isn't great but I'm surprised he's not been on the bench for the last 2 games
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not much goal threat on the bench. Davison isn't great but I'm surprised he's not been on the bench for the last 2 games
    Be very surprised if he's here now come February based on that.
  • Options
    I can't remember but had he played since he had Covid? 
  • Options
    Like the idea of Burstow and Chuks up front. 

They both know where the goal is. 
    All of our strikers and midfielders know where the goal is.

The problem they have is the ability and skill to divert the ball in that direction!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Didnt he play against Norwich?
  • Options
    Like Burstow and Chuks up front. Going to be unbalanced on the left. Not convinced by Lee and Morgan together.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Came on as second half sub, didn't do too bad considering how poor he was in the match before.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    yeah he came on in the last 20 mins. Played half a game against Wycombe the week before. 
  • Options
    Not a huge fan of that line up tbh
    With you on that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now we no why Defoe is on the radar I’d get him in till end of season and that’s it
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Good luck to Dobbo....
  • Options
    Think JJ realises he made a mistake on Wed by not resting number of players after the cup tie .. and now has had to do today for the tougher of the two games …… Major concern with Henderson in goal again after his two mistakes on Wed ….. brave team selection but we know JJ going to make mistakes while he learning about being number one hopefully we don’t lose a second this week because if it ?? 
  • Options
    Just can't understand why not go with Purrington and Matthews and leave DJ out away from home. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    cazo said:
    Now we no why Defoe is on the radar I’d get him in till end of season and that’s it
    Is he on the radar? - Sounds like rubbish paper talk so far.

Next Harry Arter if you ask me
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Why drop Purrington ?
    OS reckons Matthew's and DJ as wing backs in the normal formation. That seems odd.
    Purrington was subbed on the hour Wednesday may have had a knock so rested rather than dropped.

Actually CBT came on as LWB at Crewe for Purrington so possible that Matthews is the more defensive RWB and DJ the attacking LWB.
  • Options
    Jacko admitting how shit we’ve been, starting with Albie says it all!. I’ll say this for about the twentieth time, it’s got to be his last chance to really show he can step up, not holding my breath though!!.🙄, hope all works out, hope chuks does well, but nowhere near as excited to see him back as some. But that’s just my opinion. Coyrs.🤞
  • Options
    Really dislike the thought of a right footer at left wing back. Unless Purrington is injured I don't see the sense in it. 
  • Options
    Wasn't McG meant to be back?
  • Options
    Glad Purrington out.  Slow motion footballer. …  can’t  argue with his form , a few games/goals back but not keen on him 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!