Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Please help me identify a song that stuck in my head for 50 years. solved: 'Girlie' by the Peddlers

124»

Comments

• Options
    Una Gadda me Vida by Iron Butterfly ?
    (or whatever it’s called). 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulDC1w1ydLI
  • Options
    Glad you found it but that is a shocking tune
    That organ riff is sublime and belongs in a better song.
    The lyrics are hideous!
  • Options
    They had an absolutely fantastic drummer called Trevor Morais one of the best in demand session musicians around for many a year.
  • Options
    That organ riff is sublime and belongs in a better song.
    The lyrics are hideous!
    Was gonna say I thought the vocals let it down, but also got to say I've discovered some pretty good music while going through Dutch prog rock of the early '70, last night
  • Options
    I recognised the track when I went on this thread last night. It's on this CD and is the only track I skip , it's awful.

• Options
    The Cardigan King has nailed this one I'm afraid ... that is abysmal!

What an anti-climax.
  • Options
    This riddle might have been solved sooner of you'd mentioned Chris Eubank was the lead singer.
  • Options
    I recognised the track when I went on this thread last night. It's on this CD and is the only track I skip , it's awful.

What the Dickens is it doing on a soul album?
  • Options
    Anyone Who likes the organ sound on that tune (the best but) might like Egg:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=xT3q4iEaB6Q&feature=share
  • Options
    Great thread ...although the song is awful..it would probably sound better in broken Hebrew 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you like this LennyL, you'd might also like Ekseption, Earth & Fire, Supersister and Alquin... all from same period.
  • Options
    If you like this LennyL, you'd might also like Ekseption, Earth & Fire, Supersister and Alquin... all from same period.
    Thanks mate. 
    I like them all, I think the Peddlers are a bit different though. I posted some of their music on the listening thread. Lead singer has a bit of Clayton Thomas (blood Sweat &Tears)voice but very cheeky and risky.

• Options
    Shocking tune, but the intro is ok. I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the quality of this song given the length of your search. However, given the success of this thread in finding the track, I wonder if anyone could help me identify the girl of my dreams. She was on tv in the early eighties and even starred in a Mel Brookes film. A larger than life character, she used to dress up in a Wonder Woman outfit and hung about with a bloke called Russ.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Shocking tune, but the intro is ok. I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the quality of this song given the length of your search. However, given the success of this thread in finding the track, I wonder if anyone could help me identify the girl of my dreams. She was on tv in the early eighties and even starred in a Mel Brookes film. A larger than life character, she used to dress up in a Wonder Woman outfit and hung about with a bloke called Russ.
    The legend that is Bella Emberg!