Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hartlepool vs Charlton | Papa John's Trophy | Tuesday 25th January 2022, 7pm | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Let's win for the Monkey.

The evidence was flimsy and when Melvin showed his arse to the Jury it wasn't a sign of Dissent but one of boredom.

Pleased that Cafc will wear their Monkey world T-shirts tonight and are prepared for a yellow card each time we score.

• Options
    this is the worse footballing period in our history , since we entered the football league .
    I accept we are utter shit but I’m not gonna be accepting of this period in our forever moving position in the footballing pyramid .
    We’re in a competition that palaces u21s enter , I mean there’s no other way to dress it up than a football nightmare that we are going through .
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Hope we get to Wembley, don't care if some think we are above it, my son will beyond excited to go and see us play there. 
    The thing for me is, we aren’t really above it. We’ve been pretty shit for a few seasons. We are in League 1 - it’s a lower league + U23 or U21 (whatever it is) competition. And as you say, an opportunity to play at Wembley again. 
    I can't take it seriously since premier league sides were allowed to enter teams.
  • Options
    All this talk of Wembley, us being too big for this comp, the merit of the competition, us not competing against under 21 teams, when the draw being made we have an easy tie, leads me to only one conclusion

Hartlepool win
  • Options
    this is the worse footballing period in our history , since we entered the football league .
    I accept we are utter shit but I’m not gonna be accepting of this period in our forever moving position in the footballing pyramid .
    We’re in a competition that palaces u21s enter , I mean there’s no other way to dress it up than a football nightmare that we are going through .
    get over it ooaah lol 
  • Options
    Shameful shithouse competition for a club of our former stature .
    Bad times 
    Thats League One.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just think of all the drama of  beating those top teams to get here..err..anyway...

We just can't blow it now. 

But we will. 
  • Options
    I remember the smurfs and the oompah loompas.

Terrific fans. Great effort on their part. 

Should our away following dress as monkeys to return the compliment or could history repeat itself in a tragic and violent way ?
    Agreed. I have always had a soft spot for Hartlepool after the two times we played them at home last game of the season and their fans dressed up. I remember them bringing a large away support too. Great fans and a proper football club.
  • Options
    I think we need to play a strong team, but don't think we will. I am sitting on the fence for this one - could go either way.

Love the story about the monkey! I am assuming they had never seen a Frenchman before either!
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Under 23 team today is below.  Based on this we will have a very strong squad tonight, probably including Lavelle

Nathan HARVEY
    Jeremy SANTOS
    Richard CHIN
    Deji ELEWERE
    Charlie BARKER
    Lucas NESS
    Terrell AGYEMANG
    Aaron HENRY (c)
    Daniel KANU
    Euan WILLIAMS
    Ryan VIGGARS

Subs: Ahmed Kone (GK), Samuel Oguntayo, Harris O'Connor, Jason Adigun, Wassim Aouachria

I hope you are right.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Under 23 team today is below.  Based on this we will have a very strong squad tonight, probably including Lavelle

Nathan HARVEY
    Jeremy SANTOS
    Richard CHIN
    Deji ELEWERE
    Charlie BARKER
    Lucas NESS
    Terrell AGYEMANG
    Aaron HENRY (c)
    Daniel KANU
    Euan WILLIAMS
    Ryan VIGGARS

Subs: Ahmed Kone (GK), Samuel Oguntayo, Harris O'Connor, Jason Adigun, Wassim Aouachria

Yup. Is Akrin injured? Otherwise he might be involved. He arguably looked a bit better than Deji at times in the Pizza Trophy. 
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Nathan HARVEY
    Jeremy SANTOS
    Richard CHIN
    Deji ELEWERE
    Charlie BARKER
    Lucas NESS
    Terrell AGYEMANG
    Aaron HENRY (c)
    Daniel KANU
    Euan WILLIAMS
    Ryan VIGGARS

My thoughts exactly. Elewere and Henry have been regulars in the Papa Johns, while Chin, Ness and Williams have also played
  • Options
    Wishing a safe journey to the 265 Addicks travelling with tickets to this evening's game. Supporters without a ticket can purchase at Hartlepool's Clarence Road ticket office ahead of the match.

DO NOT FORGET 7PM KICK OFF
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm in meetings from 11am-1pm PST so I'm going to have to watch the match out of the corner of my eye at best. Genuinely gutted. Usually if there's a big Tuesday game I try and leave at least a little gap in meetings to watch some of it but it just wasn't possible today.

Good luck and safe journey to all those making the trek. Two wins to Wembley. 
  • Options
    I look forward to us being shit and disapointing in ANY cup competition!

Bring it on.
  • Options
    Total respect to those hardy souls travelling to Hartlepool today.

We know you'll make some noise & fingers crossed you see another Addicks' victory on the road. 

You deserve it ! 
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Ben18 said:
    the unexpected excitement of a semi.
    I feel you bro.
    Never has someone’s avatar been more fitting. 😂
  • Options
    Is this game being streamed?
    One for the Nile John thread 
  • Options
    Anyone doing a match thread for us stuck overseas on a beach?
  • Options
    Team I’m expecting…

Henderson

Clare Lavelle Gunter

CBT Gilbey Watson Morgan Purrington

Washington Leko
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    scidbox said:
    Anyone doing a match thread for us stuck overseas on a beach?
    Well, we shall see ...Life's a beach eh... ;)